• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon World FireRed v2.0

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 1, 2021
Just started the game and no sound is playing. I know it works when on other things curious if anyone has an idea of what it could be

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
This is a good game. I'm looking forward to that list of Moemons. Is there a National Dex or is it just stuck on Kanto? I've noticed that I couldn't find Purrloin or Kecleon in the dex.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
By the way, while having an Abra in my party I noticed that by using the F key I can teleport to some weird map called "Lappet Town" and no, I don't mean Pallet, although it is based entirely off it and going into your house and back will send you to the actual Pallet Town. I'm just curious about this.

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
Years
By the way, while having an Abra in my party I noticed that by using the F key I can teleport to some weird map called "Lappet Town" and no, I don't mean Pallet, although it is based entirely off it and going into your house and back will send you to the actual Pallet Town. I'm just curious aabout this.

i have no idea about this game but lappet town is an essentials default map.

NanaelJustice

AbsoluteXandy
Years
I have a question: does this use Gen 7 or Gen 8 learnsets for Pokemon? Need to know if I should evolve my Nidorino now or wait a bit first...
As the intro says, the game pretty much follows gen 5 format with some buffs and exceptions with the new Pokémon and the mons that can mega evolve.

Hey, sorry for the double post, but another question: did you nerf status effects? Because I've noticed that every time I put an enemy to sleep, they immediately wake up on the next turn, and I'm not sure if I just have terrible luck or what...
Nop, it's just the good old Pokémon luck working against you every time. Happens to the best of us.

Just started the game and no sound is playing. I know it works when on other things curious if anyone has an idea of what it could be
That's definitely shouldn't happen. See if the Audio folder still intact, it's possible that something happen when extracting the game. Also be sure to check all the individual volume options.

This is a good game. I'm looking forward to that list of Moemons. Is there a National Dex or is it just stuck on Kanto? I've noticed that I couldn't find Purrloin or Kecleon in the dex.
About the info files, I'm currently working on a quick guide listing all the stat buffs and new moves/abilities all the changed Pokémon got. I've been really busy with IRL issues from the end of the last year to the start of 2021, but all the new maps are nearly done, so if everything goes well, the wild list should start pretty soon too.

For the time being, is only possible to have the Kanto Pokédex, but I'm working on expanding options for future versions. On the base game I didn't think about it because you were only supposed to complete the Kanto Dex.

By the way, while having an Abra in my party I noticed that by using the F key I can teleport to some weird map called "Lappet Town" and no, I don't mean Pallet, although it is based entirely off it and going into your house and back will send you to the actual Pallet Town. I'm just curious about this.
LOL I totally overlooked how teleport works thinking it was setup just the same way as your "respawn". Thank you for letting me know, I will check the wiki to discover how I can properly configure that.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 30, 2021
first off, great game but i do have a question, where do you find growlithe? i've been looking in the places the pokedex says for hours and can't find one

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
Some pokemon are just hard to find. Viridian forest is home to Pikachu, but you almost never encounter them at all. I've met two after hours and I've yet to encounter and catch a female. There might also be a chance that there are exclusive pokemons to find during the day just like there is at night. I'm not particularly fond of the day/night scale. Always felt it'd be easier with some kind of toggle.

NanaelJustice

AbsoluteXandy
Years
first off, great game but i do have a question, where do you find growlithe? i've been looking in the places the pokedex says for hours and can't find one
You can find it at any time in the Pokémon Mansion (1F and 2F only) or in Route 7 and 8 at morning.

NanaelJustice

AbsoluteXandy
Years
Version 1.5 is here! Customization is the name of the game!

4FaMNpn.png

Changes:
-Added the Wild Checker.
-Wild Pokémon now has a 30% chance of having it's Hidden Abilities instead of 10%.
-Weather abilities are no longer infinite. (I really don't know how I never changed that)
-Nuzlocke option added at the start of the game and at the WCS Lobby.
-Extra mode and other customizations added at the start of the game and at the WCS Lobby.
-When creating a new game, you can choose to change the Kanto starters for any region until Unova. (The ones fully moetized)
-Windowskins changed for ones from DPPt.
-The text collors were changed.
-All options in the menu are now in capslock.
-The Pallet Town music loop is now a little better.
-HM Fly was a little buffed.
-Fixed some colision problems at the Safari Zone.
-Fixed my oversight of legendary Pokémon not spawning again if you defeated them instead of catching.
(NOTE: If you already caught them, it's probable that you can find new copies of each on their maps due to my fix using a different local switch to delete the encounter entirely)
-Teleport now should work properly as a field move.
-Added a National Dex side quest at Route 24.
(NOTE: In an old save, opening the national dex may crash your game because of the new number of total Pokémon.)
-Changed some wild encounters so you can have even more variety than before.
-Added a new map to the Safari Zone with a lot of the new POKéMON.
-Lavender is now fun.
-Smile Island expanded into Happy Archipelago with a new route, cave and Island.
-All the Pokémon cries are updated to match the post gen 5 cries.
-Tons of new animations added.
-A bunch of old Essentials battle animations also updated.
-Some of the inaccurate overworld sprites were changed.
-New TM rewards for the Game Corner.
-You now have better chances of finding a shiny.
-Every starter and some gift Pokémon now have 1% chance of being shiny.
-For consistency sake, every icon was reverted.
-A gift Mimikyu added to Cerulean.
-You can buy Rocket Balls from the Rocket Fan Club.
-Fixed Sylveon's lack of TM compatibility.
-Fixed the weird stairs animation.
-A new event Pokémon was added.
-Bug-catching contest added to Viridian Forest.
-You can now get a Miltank via trade at the Cinnabar Lab instead of a Seel.
-You can now get a Bergmite via trade at the Route 5 Underground Path instead of a Rhyhorn.
-You can now get a Skiddo via trade at the Route 11 gate instead of a Nidorina.
-Magikarp-tan was greatly buffed at the cost of having an actual Magikarp on her team.
-Fire Red/Leaf Green intro added.
-A file with informations on all the buffs included in the game folders.

PLEASE! READ IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A SAVE FILE:
Before resuming your game in the new version, remember to save at any Poké Center outside of the WCS Lobby. After loading your save, go down the new path at the WCS Lobby and talk with the first NPC. When the choice is gave to you, chose "NORMAL" to remove the Hard Nuzlocke that is forced to old save files.
After that, you can play without the fear of your Pokémon being deleted.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
is there a way to do a non nuzlock or to turn off the nuzlock part of the game

NanaelJustice

AbsoluteXandy
Years
is there a way to do a non nuzlock or to turn off the nuzlock part of the game
Yes, I mentioned how to here:

PLEASE! READ IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A SAVE FILE:
Before resuming your game in the new version, remember to save at any Poké Center outside of the WCS Lobby. After loading your save, go down the new path at the WCS Lobby and talk with the first NPC. When the choice is gave to you, chose "NORMAL" to remove the Hard Nuzlocke that is forced to old save files.
After that, you can play without the fear of your Pokémon being deleted.​

m4oXt9y.png
Going down the staircase in any Poké Center you will find this NPC that can change your NUZLOCKE option on an existing save file.

If you don't have an save file yet, Oak will ask you if you want do activate the Nuzlocke rules or not at the start of the game.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
As you travel east out of Fuchsia City, you enter a gate as you leave the city toward Route 15. In the gate, go upstairs to the second floor and look for one of Professor Oak's aides. He'll give you the Exp. Share as long as you've recorded 50 caught Pokémon in the Pokédex. (if that wasn't changed from original game)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 5, 2024
power_of_flight.png

Grabbed the bicycle and learned to fly instead. Bet I still need the HM/Surge's badge though.

Also I, too, wind up with a game crash whenever I try to take Eevee in Celadon.

NanaelJustice

AbsoluteXandy
Years
Trying to reset Eevee and got this
d2f92f3501.png

Any clue ?

Also I, too, wind up with a game crash whenever I try to take Eevee in Celadon.
Thanks to both of you reports, I learned I left a typo in the command while adding the second shiny roll to the gift Pokémon. The new 1.5 file in the post should fix that issue.
7YCoFWN.png

This looks really good!
Can I ask why the Sevii Islands were removed?
Thank you! Although I used "removed" to represent a missing feature from FR/LG, it's more accurate to say the Sevii Islands was never added in the first place. This game only exist because of the Johto Blaziken's Bootleg Pokémon Fire Red, so I focused on improving his already solid main game base while doing some new stuff I felt like it would be cool.

Where is the exp share

As you travel east out of Fuchsia City, you enter a gate as you leave the city toward Route 15. In the gate, go upstairs to the second floor and look for one of Professor Oak's aides. He'll give you the Exp. Share as long as you've recorded 50 caught Pokémon in the Pokédex. (if that wasn't changed from original game)
The Exp. Share location is the same as regular Fire Red/Leaf Green, so xSnow74's information is correct.

View attachment 98207

Grabbed the bicycle and learned to fly instead. Bet I still need the HM/Surge's badge though.
Even Erica Hartmann play by the rules!

New file added to v1.5! A new 1.5 file was put in place of the old one, some minor changes were implemented:
-The last hiker at Mt. Moon now has the right overworld sprite.
-For early game usability, Pikachu can now learn Iron Tail at level 7.
-Beedrill received Skill Link as it Hidden Ability and now can learn Bullet Seed via TM to help against Misty.
-The gift Eevee no longer crashes the game.
-The Gym Leaders got a new battle theme.

A mod that reverts Moemon back to Pokémon was also added to the post, so people who want a even more sober experience can enjoy the game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
So what IS the wild checker? Is it a key item or something? Where do you get it?

Back