• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poke a Dialga!'s Pixels~

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
Years
  • (I've been lazing around for almost 10 days?!)
    hmm.... I did it for fun really :P
    I'll deal with it later~

Anyways, currently working on this:
    Poke a Dialga!'s Pixels~

I know its a messy quick sketch, but it looks like you have almost no sense of anatomy in this wip. It wouldnt surprise me if you didnt try drawing it out first. try drawing it out, and then maybe try to fix up all those anatomy flaws, kay?

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
    Years

• I know its a messy quick sketch, but it looks like you have almost no sense of anatomy in this wip. It wouldnt surprise me if you didnt try drawing it out first. try drawing it out, and then maybe try to fix up all those anatomy flaws, kay?
    Well... this won't be final yet as I can see there's lots to be changed... :)

Poke_a_Dialga!

Years

• and I realize that,just a quick suggestion to help you do great ^_^
    Sorry buddy... You may punch me, kill me, kick me for not being active on the pixel art forums -_-'l'l"
    Anyways, the dragon turned out into a different one 0.o:
    Poke a Dialga!'s Pixels~

Updates (sort of...)
    A tree :3
    It only has 6 colors :)
    Poke a Dialga!'s Pixels~

Years
  • Just a quick suggestion about the dragon, you might want to go onto hue-shifting and advanced shading? Just don't make it blocky, make it have scales and shade it. That'll look beautiful. (:

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
  • Poke a Dialga!'s Pixels~

Your Typhlosion has a few errors.
    1.The neck is a little too bent. Typhlosion looks as if it is looking down. Try making the angle 135 degrees.
    2.The neck looks a little too long.
    3.The ears look too thin and too pointy
    4.Typhlosion looks as if it is looking down. Try to make the eyes focus to the right, not the bottom.
    5. The eye outline at the top looks too thick. Try making it a one pixel line instesd of two pixels at some places
    Here is the Typhlosion sprite for comparison.
    Poke a Dialga!'s Pixels~

Poke a Dialga!'s Pixels~

1.The body suggests that the viewer is looking at it as the same angle as a sprite, but the head suggests a side view.
    2. Skymin needs a longer nose.
    3. The eye's outline looks bumpy, try making the eye less tall.
    4. The neck would look better if thinner.
    5. Try making the dot at the end of the nose bigger.
    6. Skymin has Mohican-like, not bush-like 'hair'
    7. Try to make the sprite brighter

Here is the Skymin sprite for comparison
    Poke a Dialga!'s Pixels~

Last edited:

Poke_a_Dialga!

Years
  • Poke a Dialga!'s Pixels~

Your Typhlosion has a few errors.
    1.The neck is a little too bent. Typhlosion looks as if it is looking down. Try making the angle 135 degrees.
    2.The neck looks a little too long.
    3.The ears look too thin and too pointy
    4.Typhlosion looks as if it is looking down. Try to make the eyes focus to the right, not the bottom.
    5. The eye outline at the top looks too thick. Try making it a one pixel line instesd of two pixels at some places
    Here is the Typhlosion sprite for comparison.
    Poke a Dialga!'s Pixels~

Poke a Dialga!'s Pixels~

1.The body suggests that the viewer is looking at it as the same angle as a sprite, but the head suggests a side view.
    2. Skymin needs a longer nose.
    3. The eye's outline looks bumpy, try making the eye less tall.
    4. The neck would look better if thinner.
    5. Try making the dot at the end of the nose bigger.
    6. Skymin has Mohican-like, not bush-like 'hair'
    7. Try to make the sprite brighter

Here is the Skymin sprite for comparison
    Poke a Dialga!'s Pixels~
    I want my typhlosion's pose to look like this so it doesn't matter :\
    About the shaymin, *cough*I*cough*simply*cough*did*cough*it*cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough* :D
    Just a quick suggestion about the dragon, you might want to go onto hue-shifting and advanced shading? Just don't make it blocky, make it have scales and shade it. That'll look beautiful. (:
    Man... I'm too lazy to do things like these these days am I XDD
    Unbelievably, I still haven't finish it yet =='l"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yay.... time for a update:
    Poke a Dialga!'s Pixels~

I drew this for a friend of mine and I made it very plain and simple with no shadings :3

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
  • I'm sorry about my last post(if I should be sorry).
    I don't know much about Pixel Art, and I am a bit of a perfectionist. Anyway, your latest piece has a few flaws. First, the ears are too low. Try bringing them up to eye level. Secondly, the hair looks too long for a boy. Thirdly, the mouth has no teeth in. It's okay if you did that on purpose, just wanna point it out.

Again, I am sorry if my CnC is bad.(If I should be sorry)

If it is bad, do you know where I can get some CnC on giving CnC? LOL!

Poke_a_Dialga!

Years
  • I'm sorry about my last post(if I should be sorry).
    I don't know much about Pixel Art, and I am a bit of a perfectionist. Anyway, your latest piece has a few flaws. First, the ears are too low. Try bringing them up to eye level. Secondly, the hair looks too long for a boy. Thirdly, the mouth has no teeth in. It's okay if you did that on purpose, just wanna point it out.

Again, I am sorry if my CnC is bad.(If I should be sorry)

If it is bad, do you know where I can get some CnC on giving CnC? LOL!
    You did fine ;)
    Don't feel down~~~
    The teenager's ears. Yeah. U got the point ;)
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Update:
    Poke a Dialga!'s Pixels~

Ironogon
    (I thought this should've won XDDD joke~~~)

Years
  • Lineart on this is great, P_A_D, excluding that big tusk there. It just looks really oddly positioned and throws all sense of perspective on the sprite. The colouring is pretty saturated and has low contrast. I'd say you should try out some official colours, such as Rhyperior or something like Wishcash? The white highlights feel out of place and in some places it seems like there is too much shading which just makes it look bad. The excessive amount of dithering doesn't help, either. Also, if it's a Pokémon sprite, then I'd like to point out that the light source in the Pokémon games is the top left, not top right. Still, it's pretty good, Poke_a_dialga!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Like Spherical Ice said, the light source is on the top left. The shading isn't really in Pokémon's style, usually Pokémon sprites are shaded with only two colours, the base colour and a darker colour. Look at the front arm for example, you have a white highlight, the base under it, a darker colour and an even darker colour. You also use a lot of highlights which also isn't similar to the style.

Poke_a_Dialga!

Years
  • Lineart on this is great, P_A_D, excluding that big tusk there. It just looks really oddly positioned and throws all sense of perspective on the sprite. The colouring is pretty saturated and has low contrast. I'd say you should try out some official colours, such as Rhyperior or something like Wishcash? The white highlights feel out of place and in some places it seems like there is too much shading which just makes it look bad. The excessive amount of dithering doesn't help, either. Also, if it's a Pokémon sprite, then I'd like to point out that the light source in the Pokémon games is the top left, not top right. Still, it's pretty good, Poke_a_dialga!
    Like Spherical Ice said, the light source is on the top left. The shading isn't really in Pokémon's style, usually Pokémon sprites are shaded with only two colours, the base colour and a darker colour. Look at the front arm for example, you have a white highlight, the base under it, a darker colour and an even darker colour. You also use a lot of highlights which also isn't similar to the style.
    Double-reply~
    For some reasons, I had the feeling to sprite it like that @@
    And thanks for the advices (urgh... it's been so long since I last check this place eversince I transferred schools =='l")
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm having my winter break (AT LAST!!!) and I kinda have some updates.
    After I transferred, I had no choice but to stay in the dorm. There ain't any computers in the room, so I couldn't do much. Whenever I return home during the weekends, I had to relax myself up for the week. And ignore these stuff and let's get back to the topic:
    I've sprited some fakemon and drew a dragon (say YAY XDDDD)
    Ok... not the whole dragon yet... I've only finished the head and neck...
    Those 2 parts alone took me the whole afternoon's time @@
    Poke a Dialga!'s Pixels~

Grassalo
    (It's basicly the improved version of my previous sprite~)

Poke a Dialga!'s Pixels~

Erafire
    Poke a Dialga!'s Pixels~

Croafire

Poke a Dialga!'s Pixels~

Eragon

Poke a Dialga!'s Pixels~

Dragon

Spoiler:

EDIT: Updated
    Spoiler:

Dragon with body. I don't really like the body that much and it's currently not the final design.

Last edited:

Poke_a_Dialga!

Years
  • Update:
    Dragon (WIP)
    Poke a Dialga!'s Pixels~

Spoiler:

Poke_a_Dialga!

Years
  • Quadruple posting?!?!
    U can't expect this thread full of my posts...
    I need some critics @@
    I'm not perfect :(

Update:
    Poke a Dialga!'s Pixels~

Growslo
    I tried spriting it in B&W stlye and turned out this way.
    EDIT:
    Edited a little:
    Poke a Dialga!'s Pixels~

Last edited:
    Years
  • You know, as much as your dragon is impressive I don't know what else I can say about it other than I hope you finish it. Well, I suppose it looks a little off-center at the moment since there's no detail in the background, but something would definitely need to be in the right side of the image to balance things out.

With Growslo, I'd suggest you add a darker shade of yellow than the one you're using for shadows at the moment for the non-black outlines. The hand shouldn't have such a light outline. Maybe a few grey or mid tone pixels for the eyes would help, too, since you have only black and white and while that's fine if your eyes are black circles with a single white dot, when you have larger white areas you might want to make them cleaner and smoother looking.

I'm also not sure what that turquoise thing in its hand is (or is it part of the tail?) so if that could perhaps be a little clearer, i.e., easier to see and recognize what it is it would help.

Years
  • I can't help but think the shading isn't proper and neat and rather you did some hand banana(such as just scribbling a lighter shade as you go up levels). Hue shifting would look quite nice as well, especially on the wings.

Poke_a_Dialga!

Years
  • You know, as much as your dragon is impressive I don't know what else I can say about it other than I hope you finish it. Well, I suppose it looks a little off-center at the moment since there's no detail in the background, but something would definitely need to be in the right side of the image to balance things out.

With Growslo, I'd suggest you add a darker shade of yellow than the one you're using for shadows at the moment for the non-black outlines. The hand shouldn't have such a light outline. Maybe a few grey or mid tone pixels for the eyes would help, too, since you have only black and white and while that's fine if your eyes are black circles with a single white dot, when you have larger white areas you might want to make them cleaner and smoother looking.

I'm also not sure what that turquoise thing in its hand is (or is it part of the tail?) so if that could perhaps be a little clearer, i.e., easier to see and recognize what it is it would help.
    Well, I did some edits based on ur critic and maybe just take a look down stairs? :3
    The turquoise thingy is it's sphere jewel weapon.
    I can't help but think the shading isn't proper and neat and rather you did some hand banana(such as just scribbling a lighter shade as you go up levels). Hue shifting would look quite nice as well, especially on the wings.
    Well...
    I redone the hands a little and by the way, it doesn't have wings XDD

Poke a Dialga!'s Pixels~

Back