• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokeanimate shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    On Picasion put the speed at advanced and type .3 or .2 even. Make frames less jumpy, (ex. don't make the lightning move so much in one frame.)

Also, it looks like the lightning is flowing back into the sky. Look at the Relicanth I made, the bubbles would go back into his mouth without an extra frame.

Also, I'm not sure if it's OK to use IO9's idea without permission. ScizorZ and I got permission and are in the Staff section on the front page. Also, I'm sure I speak for ScizorZ here too, if you would ask if you want to use one individual's animationd. If mine get stolen I will have to start putting my username at the bottom of the animation.

Last edited:

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    First, I'm not going to make these for people, I am just seeing if I can do this (And to advertise in my sig)...

Here is a new one with your suggestions:
    pokeanimate shop

Could I make this one better?

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    New Animated background!

pokeanimate shop
    Separate .PNG's:
    pokeanimate shop
    pokeanimate shop
    pokeanimate shop

Simply put the first frame of the Pokemon you're doing on the first frame of the background. Then put the second frame on the second background, and so on. If you have more than 4 Pokemon stances repeat, like this:
    (Ex. Pokemon-Background) 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-2, 5-1, etc.

If the waves are too fast compared to your Pokemon, use this formula:
    1-1, 2-1, 3-2, 3-2, 4-3, 5-3, etc.

Last edited:

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    Nice background!!! It looks great! An animated background is a great idea! (Am I allowed to make backgrounds?)

Is this how the background works?

pokeanimate shop

I know it looks bad... I Don't know how to make it look good with a moving background... But I tried...

Last edited:

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    it is itzy's decision but I think he would allow you. But your not allowed to make actualy GIF's for people, seeing as your not a staff member.

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    it is itzy's decision but I think he would allow you. But your not allowed to make actualy GIF's for people, seeing as your not a staff member.

Like I said before, I'm not making them for people. I am just doing it for fun.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Ya, you pretty much have it but I may have confused you, the frames should go, 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-2, 5-1.
    This is to make it smoother.

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    Ya, you pretty much have it but I may have confused you, the frames should go, 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-2, 5-1.
    This is to make it smoother.

Oh... I get it now! It was pretty confusing... So I just tried something, but now I get it.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Alright. And by the way, your signature is probably going to get disabled, it's gigantic.

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    Alright. And by the way, your signature is probably going to get disabled, it's gigantic.

It is? If your talking about the pichu thing, I was just experimenting, and I meant to hit preview...

Thanks for telling me, though!

Years
    hey guys. sorry i havent been on in a while, deja thanks for the new background i'll put in your section. and pokestorm try adding bubles to the lanturn and dont make the thunder look like a graph make it 1. come FROM lanturn and make it move randomly no in an orderly fasion like a GRAPH

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I'm definitely not impressed looking at these. I've sat by idly, hoping someone would say this so I don't have to, but it looks like I will have to anyway: You barely have a clue as to what you're doing. Anyone who made these backgrounds doesn't seem to know what shading is. The backgrounds have absolutely no shading and I'm sick and tired of you receiving false compliments for them. THIS is what a background should look like:

pokeanimate shop

pokeanimate shop

pokeanimate shop

Note how even the sky has shading. Why? Well, look up at the sky. It's never all one color all the time.

Also note how the outline isn't completely one color. I also put some black and darker brown in it. It makes the sprite look more alive, whereas yours look dull and they seem like they're not even finished. What I also noticed is you don't seem to use the mouse to make lines free-hand; you use the tools in MS Paint. (Due to the backgrounds being an eyesore, I didn't bother checking the colors to see if they were made with the default MS Paint colors; I know itsover9000 has a habit of doing that).

Even though you're doing this 'just for fun', you should at least somewhat know what you're doing before opening up a sprite shop. Honestly, I'm surprised this wasn't closed do to the absolutely atrocious quality of work you presented us with.

Regardless of the backgrounds, I admit that some of your animations are good. And when I say some, I mean one: The Kabutops slashing is the only good animation I see. Even then, it's a tad bit choppy.

tl;dr; this is probably one of the worst excuses for a sprite shop I've ever seen.​

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    his backgrounds are probably a different style then what most would think. I made a couple of backgrounds (The Other Grassy Field and The Snow Day) for him but they still suck. I mean I have to admit I don't like the backgrounds but still I kinbd of like the style. I'll try re-making the sea-floor and see if it comes out good (It probably won't XD)

started the underwater but ended up with desert...
    XD
    I'll add a bull skull or a rock tomorrow
    pokeanimate shop

is this good Shinji?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    That is much better than what I've previously seen. I will say that you are getting better.

However, I think you should've made the outline for the sand dark, dark brown and black instead of just black. See the difference?
    pokeanimate shop

(Hope you don't mind me making a change to your background)

By the way, I forgot to mention: If you want to use my backgrounds, feel free.​

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    While I appreciate your criticism, you have to understand we are novice spriters doing this for fun. The reason this hasn't been closed is because the Pixel art and Projects sections are for everyone here at Pokecommunity, not just top notch spriters like you.

May I add a personal comment to you? You seem like a perfectionist because you always seem to find imperfections in other peoples work.

As a side note, thanks for the backgrounds.

To ScizorZ, nice job on the background.

EDIT: Using your guidelines, I've created a simple background using shading.
    pokeanimate shop

Last edited:

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    While I appreciate your criticism, you have to understand we are novice spriters doing this for fun. The reason this hasn't been closed is because the Pixel art and Projects sections are for everyone here at Pokecommunity, not just top notch spriters like you.

May I add a personal comment to you? You seem like a perfectionist because you always seem to find imperfections in other peoples work.

As a side note, thanks for the backgrounds.

To ScizorZ, nice job on the background.

EDIT: Using your guidelines, I've created a simple background using shading.
    pokeanimate shop

Nice background! It looks nice! ScizorZs background looks nice too!

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    pokemon:Mew.
    background:CHRISTMAS the one with the stockings not the tree
    action:walk left to right

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    hey itzy, we should make a new thread for this and get rid of all the "bad" backgrounds. Maybe redo them. This way it could be totally awesome and a clean sheet of paper.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back