• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokecommunity Elections III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Pokecommunity Elections III

It's that time again, twice a year we have elections here for members. After three rounds of campaigning two members are voted on. Vice-President and President, each winner will receive an enlarged PM box and a colored user name of their choice, President's name will also be in italic.

Everything will start again on September 1st, there are only two things we ask. Each member wanting to run must be a member of PC for at least two months on or before September 1st. Also, each member needs 100 post on or before September first.

A few quick guidelines

Staff are not allowed to run~
    Any member that has held either of the titles in the past may not run~
    Do not ask for votes through rep or post~

As things were rather drawn out last time, we're going to do it a bit faster this go. Round one, the sign up round will last for two weeks from September 1st to the 14th. As long as you meet the requisites, you will be in the elections. On the 16 the runners will then be posted, then on September 17 until October 8th the round two voting will take place. Each member will vote for up to three members they wish to see in the final ten. After the final ten are chosen all campaigning will end. Come October 13th, each member will be able to vote for one member they would like to see win. The final voting will run from the 13th of October to the 13th of November, and the results will go up on November 15th.

As for campaigns, each member and anyone wishing to support that member is allowed to use banners, avatars, blinkies, sigs, whatever it is they wish to use to get the message of voting for them out to people. This will not be allowed in post, no "vote for me" or anything similar will be allowed in post or in rep. If you are found doing this you will be removed from the elections.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • Yay! I can actually enter this time!

... although no one knows me anymore, so I won't get third like the last time I entered :P.

Oh well, it's fun anyway. *goes to spruce up the old campaign site*

*checks posts* Do I have 100 posts?

My Gweggy won't be able to vote though. ;_;

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Er... do we post here if we want to enter or somewhere else?
    Well anyway, I want to enter. And yep! I have more than 100 posts!

And this election is going to be great! So much has happened since the last one!

Last edited:

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • You send a PM to whoever is running the election (obviously Mihara is one) when signups open, quite simply.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    meh, I may try, not like I'd get anywhere, if we run can we still vote?

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2009
    *looks at her name* Not a staff member anymore...
    *looks at posts* Got over 100 posts...
    *thinks* I'm probably gonna run for this... :D!

Jolty-kun

Years
  • Jedi_Amara said:
    Yay! I can actually enter this time!

... although no one knows me anymore, so I won't get third like the last time I entered :P.

Oh well, it's fun anyway. *goes to spruce up the old campaign site*

*checks posts* Do I have 100 posts?

My Gweggy won't be able to vote though. ;_;
    You got third, the first election, Shana came third last year..
    And I came about.. forth last year, just after I got kicked out cos i way awa(Yay! XD), but this time, Ill hopefully do alot better >D
    But if i did better, itd hafta be either third, Vice, or President myself =P XD

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • You all have lost before you have begun! XD Paul shall be the winner....

o3o I just might join meself though! I'll still support Paul and I'd love to be Vice pres, but not really pres..>> But then again, why vote for me when you could vote for PAUL! XD

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Jolty-Kun said:
    You got third, the first election, Shana came third last year..
    And I came about.. forth last year, just after I got kicked out cos i way awa(Yay! XD), but this time, Ill hopefully do alot better >D
    ...No, that was this year. o_O Only one election took place last year, in which Brit and FG gained their previous titles, and JA was 3rd, followed by... Sawah? Can't remember, but I know you're thinking of the wrong election.

Can I have my pink name yet? <3 Oh wait. Hasn't been 6 months. ;_; Oh well. I'll take good care of your usergroup when the 6 months are up, Stevo. :3

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
    Years
  • I am just wondering is there a real purpose to being in the Election? The President does have a say in a little bit that goes on right? Clearly that should be the role of President. If not, then the title should be changed to "Person with Italic sig and enlarged PM Box" XD

AbareMax

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • AbareMax said:
    I am just wondering is there a real purpose to being in the Election? The President does have a say in a little bit that goes on right? Clearly that should be the role of President. If not, then the title should be changed to "Person with Italic sig and enlarged PM Box" XD

AbareMax
    The President is basically a popularity contest, but is elected by the members, so if they do have a suggestion...the staff is more likely to listen IMO...

Years
  • The PC popularity contest is back! I'll try, even though I won't get far again ^^;

Are you going to tell us who to PM on the 1st then? ^^;

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Batesymon said:
    I don't have a hundred posts but this is another of my accounts and on the others I have over 100 but I don't want to switch back. Am I eligible?
    Nope, you'd have to use the other account. And on the 1st when the next thread goes up is when people can PM me about running.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back