• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Get-Together 2010 iSketch Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Welcome to the PokéCommunity Get-Together 2010 iSketch Competition

This competition is brought to you by Manipulation, Serene Grace and Pie. Sweet, sweet pie.

Welcome one and all, to the fantastic competition we have for you today! Yes, it's the annual iSketch competiton - where you members go against each other in a battle of Pokémon knowledge and drawing skill.

The Basics

So, what is iSketch exactly and how does it work?
    iSketch is a Pictionary style game in which each player in a room takes it in turn to draw a word that has been given to them. The other members in the room will try and guess the word and the people who successfully manage it get points. Keep in mind that the first guess gets the most points.

Sounds fun! What do I need to play?
    All you need is a computer with internet connection and a browser with the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. Once you have all of these things, feel free to visit the iSketch website and check it out. If all is well then you should see a screen prompting you to either play the game or view the instructions.

Do I need to register to play?
    You don't have to, no. The PokeCommunity room is available to everyone (as this is a Get-Together) so you just enter a temporary username and password combination. However, after playing, if you do feel like you want to play more often - it is then advisable for you to register to be able to keep track of things.

Okay, how do I get to the room?
    From the main site, follow these steps:
    • Once the main screen (with the funky animation) loads, click the "Play Now" button.
    • Next, a login screen should appear. Enter a temporary username and password combination or, if you've registered before, enter the details you used when you registered.
    • Then, on the right hand side of the screen where it's titled "Rooms", there should be a little tab called "User Created". Click on it.
    • Somewhere in the list, there should be a room called "PokeCommunity 2010" with the description as "PokeCommunity Get-Together 2010".
    • Click on that room and enjoy the game!
      Note, if you're having any problems accessing the site, make sure you've got the latest version of Adobe Flash installed.

Awesome! So, what time and day is the competition on?
    The iSketch competition is on every day that the Get-Together is run. The official times that we run are:
    • Morning Run: 15:00 - 17:00 GMT (10AM - 12AM EST)
    • Afternoon Run: 18:00 - 23:00 GMT (1PM - 6PM EST)
    • Evening Run: 00:00 - 05:00 GMT (7PM - 10PM EST)

Are all the games going to be the same playstyle then?
    Nope. We will have different playstyles on different runs in the day. For example, every morning run we have Co-Op mode - where two people work together to draw their word. In the Afternoon, everything is as normal - one person drawing one word. But in the evening, we have multiple word mode - where one person has to draw two words and the members in the room have to guess both right. Just to alternate things a bit and make it more fun!

Wow, awesome. So, if I own at this do I get a prize?
    No. Go away! Yes you do. For participating, you get an emblem (just make sure you post in this thread and tell people you participated). For winning a game, you also get an emblem (Make sure to tell me your username in the room so I can note you down). Finally, if you win more than five times in one day, you get another emblem. So you have three possible emblems to aim for!

Participants, Winners and Champions

Participants
    You played, so you're cool.
    • Serene Grace
    • MasterLink742
    • .EJ
    • Elite Overlord LeSabre™
    • Eon-Rider
    • Gazza
    • AceDragonite
    • XD003
    • Uzumakikunai
    • Ash_Ketchum123
    • Jesh
    • Roswell
    • Daydream
    • Kylie-Chan
    • Misdreavus
    • Pave Low
    • Charizard★
    • Kaori
    • countryemo
    • Signomi
    • Biohazardx
    • EmeraldSmeargle
    • .Wolfie-kun
    • NovaStar
    • ChaoSong
    • Jake♫
    • AmethystDragon
    • Amew
    • Hamilton
    • [.εternity]
    • Flandre Scarlet
    • Flipside
    • Cirrus
    • Netish
    • myrrhman
    • TwilightBlade
    • otakulily
    • WonderGirl
    • EmeraldSerenade
    • Spinosaurus
    • Hiiro
    • The Wave
    • King!
    • Vulpes bicaudata
    • Christos
    • IceSage

Winners
    For those people who won at least once, but less than five times
    • Serene Grace
    • Eon-Rider
    • Gazza
    • AceDragonite
    • Signomi
    • Misdreavus
    • Roswell
    • Elite Overlord LeSabre™
    • Charizard★
    • BiohazardX
    • Uzumakikunai
    • .EJ
    • austy14
    • Kylie-Chan
    • MasterLink742
    • otakulily
    • Kaori
    • [.εternity
    • WonderGirl
    • EmeraldSerenade
    • NovaStar
    • Hiiro
    • ChaoSong
    • Jake♫
    • The Wave
    • Akita
    • King!
    • Vulpes bicaudata
    • Pave Low
    • Christos

Champions
    For those people with no life five wins in one day all bagged up!
    • Roswell
    • Uzumakikunai
    • MasterLink742
    • [.εternity]
    • BiohazardX
    • King!
    • Christos
    If you haven't informed me then I can't put you on the list. Simply post in the thread or send me a visitor or private message stating what you've achieved and I'll add you on too.

Last edited:

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
    Years
  • I'll try this out as well, don't expect my work to be great. (darn laptop mousepad....)
    That aside, I'm looking forward to this.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    That game seems like a total blast.
    Count me in 100%

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    ^Oh, dude. Are you icesage? Codfather was drawing penises xD

Count me in. We're gonna have fun. My name will be either EJ or .EJ ;D

borax12

gosh! i forgot my line
    Years
  • this is sure gonna be fun....congos to all pokecommunity team for such a blast time :)

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I don't see it right now even though it is within the correct time period but I'll be joining if I see it.

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
    Years
  • Well I played a bit with .Ej, MasterLink, and LeSaber on another Pokemon sever. Seems like an awesome game and I hope that the early practice will help me in the long run.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I don't see it right now even though it is within the correct time period but I'll be joining if I see it.
    I think I may have got the time zones a bit wrong so I'm rechecking.

For anyone who's interested, the room is open now for a bit of pratice and will go ahead with the Morning Run settings (Co-Op mode) so I hope to see people there soon.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I'm actually amazing at Pictionary, so I'll sit this one out in case people get mad that I trash them so hard. I have sooo many Draw My Thing medals on OMGPOP :|

Well that, and it's 4 in the morning so I ought to get back to bed haha

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I'm actually amazing at Pictionary, so I'll sit this one out in case people get mad that I trash them so hard. I have sooo many Draw My Thing medals on OMGPOP :|

Well that, and it's 4 in the morning so I ought to get back to bed haha
    Come back at 10 and see if you can keep that title. =P

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    I'll be using Gazza as my username.

Played before but wasn't too good at it.
    I did win a few games though. n_n

/First time participating in any get-together event. :B

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    47 points baby!!!!
    I had the most!
    I wish people woulld use their PC usernames so I know who they are...

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • 47 points baby!!!!
    I had the most!
    I wish people woulld use their PC usernames so I know who they are...

I had 80 something points in one game and that was 29 points higher than the next highest. I think I know too much. x.x

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Haha, I won the first game! Yes, awesome! So much fun in the server now. My username is moojiolu in case people are wondering.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back