• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Get-Together 2010 Photography Contest

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    So is it too late to post my entry?

EDIT: Since you aren't on right now and can't answer, I'm going to go ahead and post my entry. If it's too late I understand :D

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • So I'm kinda curious as to what the judges are looking for when they're judging? Is it just composition based or are they looking at technical aspects as well?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    So is it too late to post my entry?

EDIT: Since you aren't on right now and can't answer, I'm going to go ahead and post my entry. If it's too late I understand :D

Spoiler:

Sorry your late D:
    Unless Zappy says so, but most probably he'll say no.

So I'm kinda curious as to what the judges are looking for when they're judging? Is it just composition based or are they looking at technical aspects as well?

We look for how well the photograph was taken, how well does it correspond with the theme given, and basically does it look good or not. Among with few other aspects.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • Sorry your late D:
    Unless Zappy says so, but most probably he'll say no.

We look for how well the photograph was taken, how well does it correspond with the theme given, and basically does it look good or not. Among with few other aspects.

Mkay, thanks. That's pretty much how I was hoping it'd be judged. =)

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • lol mine sucks so badly compared to the rest :O

Ahh, you guys put in some nice entries. bobandabil's one reminds me of Romania, Poland seems really similar. xD

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
  • Agreed with digi. I'm saving a lot of them too. :) I kinda forgot this was a contest and was just admiring all the pics. XD; Really, great job to everyone! I'm really loving these.

More I think about it, more I agree with you. I'm saving all of these photos, they are amazing!

ALSO! I bumped this thread so I can encourage people who didn't enter to VOTE! for pieces of art photos from who did. Better to for people who entered.

Good Luck to all who entered!

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
  • Aw man, I had such a beautiful picture but it's too late now! I hate myself. :( I'm voting for bobandbill by the way. Is that one person? xD

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Semifinalists will be released soon we just gotta finish judging the last bits and pieces

Could I resize my picture?

You can't fit it on a screen.

Entries for Round 1 are already finished you cannot enter anymore

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2021
    I agree with Captain Fabio. When are we going to get the semi-finalist results? This is ridiculous. :/ We're going to end up with not enough time to take another photo or something. >_>;

Years
  • Exactly. Besides, the time zones can also be pretty confusing, because people in Europe are going to sleep now and won't find out about them being semifinalists until tomorrow morning, which gives them even less time to take the photos.

Years
  • I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for why they haven't been judged yet. :)

In my opinion, when you take on the responsibility of being an event organizer, you should stick to your dates and what you have said.

Unless there is an personal emergency, then I can understand, but the responsibility should be passed onto a back up organizer.

Like most people have said, the timezone differences between contestants is a huge problem and when you give a date in which you are going to post the results, it should be stuck to.

All in all, a days extension should be given to all semi-finalists to allow for the organizers miscalculation and mistake. Personally, I don't think it takes 2 to 3 days to decide which 6 should be allowed through. Sure, there are great photos, but it doesn't take that long. 1 to 2 hours at the most, surely, and trust me, I have judged photo contests before and it doesn't take this long.

Just my 2 cents.

Years
  • Alright, I trust you.. it isn't me telling them to stay away you know :D I was just saying I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation. If there's not, well.. I'm sure I will be a little upset also. But at the end of the day, I can just wait it out, it's just a bit of fun :)

Back