• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokecommunity is dying, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixen

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2018
    frostweaver said:
    I just meant "then go befriend them on the initative."

Well, shall we start some new threads? I suggest we bend the rules a little, and revive a few old threads to rekindle some interest in them.

And about the school inactivity part, people, just wait till Christmas and see what happens. ;)

sandcrawler

slacking off in my spare time.
    Years
  • People do have lives, and I think they want to do something with it. Not just sitting at a computer talking about Pokemon all day.

Pikachu Fan38

Pikachu Rules
    Years
  • Right

^^NICK^^ v.3.0 said:
    Some of you need to get a life, and stop letting yourself get all sad and depressed over a Pok?mon forum, seriously.
    I'm a big Pokemon fan, but NICK v.3.0 is exactly right, GET A LIFE PEOPLE!!!
    It's not the end of the world If PC is not filled all the time.It's better
    to have only the seniors and TRUE Pokemon Fans remaining than a bunch of spaming newbies.I really enjoy PC.But the main reason that this place isn't filled is because people UNFORTUNATLY aren't interested in pokemon anymore.

Years
  • If you ask me, the only thread that hold me to PC is my love for the Pokemon manga and my dedication to fanfictions... ^^ (don't forget my job)

Solar

Gone forever
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2007
    I think its dying because all the good and well known members are gone *cough*Junichi*cough* or on hiatus.

Years
  • Solar said:
    I think its dying because all the good and well known members are gone *cough*Junichi*cough* or on hiatus.

Good and well known? If you ask me, that happened a long time ago with the departure of MORE popular members. I.e. Keitaro, 22sa, etc. PC has replaced those gaps but for me, the only thing holding me with PC is manga, stories, friends and job.

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
  • LilyPichu said:
    Although I have joined here myself not long ago, I find PC a very friendly place. ^.^ Some people here, I admit, are newbies. The ones that have the sense to spam. I suppose one of the problem is getting ignored? Well, I don't blame them. You would rather talk to a mod/friend rather than a newbie and ignore them, wouldn't you? That's just how some people feel, like a tight knit group. It's normal, although we try to fix it sometimes.

There technically are no 'stupid' people here. They are just new people, or maybe just overeacting ones with some threads. I think the staff tries to rid of the spammy posts and stuff, although there may be distractions along the way. The people who want to act cool for spamming and breaking the rules...They should be warned or something...I am not that sure though...

^^;

EDIT: true people from SPP are coming here (like moi) but most are new people automatically stereotyping SPP as 'mean' for getting warned, getting threads closed, etc etc. I myself came here just to have fun. :O!
    I was ignored in the first year at PC, until I got MSN to talk to people =P
    My advice to newbies and anyone who wants to get to know other members better: Get MSN/AIM and add as many people to the list. Try and take the initiative to talk and introduce yourself, because the person might be too busy to do so. (Like me -_-;; )
    However, if the person is busy, you should respect him/her and not disturb him/her.

Casey

~*Cheeky Girl*~
    Years
  • This place is not dying. Maybe some old members have left, but new are still here. Some people just don`t like pokemon anymore or they don`t have a time for internet. But they are in our memory (what a text XD) Ehem... new people join every day, they wanna talk about pokemon and meet new friends- so think place won`t die. I hope, because I really like PC^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2007
    old people leave, but a new batch will arrive to replace them. like me for instace, i'm "kind of" no longer in PC cuz i'm in another pokemon forum. but i still come here to visit every once in awhile. but yes, if any of you find PC as a home, stay....otherwise, do what you must do.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'm not really sure what to say. I've only been here since April, and have had many different views in my time here. Firstly, I enjoyed myself for the first couple of weeks, going on occasionally, posting and replying to threads, you know. But it was after a month or so that the novelty of a new forum wore off (this isn't my first Pokemon forum by far... I'm an SPPf tradeover too ^_^). I seemed to be the exception of the rule - n00bs get popularity quickly. I had, and to a certain extent still don't have, popularity, and seemed offended when other new people came in, and 5 minutes later, had a huge list of friends about 8 lines long. Also, the topics I was creating were getting ignored, and instead, n00b topics like: "Don't you just looooooooooove Pikachuuuuu!" and "Pika Pika is the gr88888888888888est ROFLMAOLOL" and "Isn't Pikachu just awesome... Don't you think? Huh? Huh?" were getting more attention, even though it was clear to me that one was enough - yet everyone replied in both of them. And by the time a mod deleted them, all three would have about 30 or 40 posts. It was then that I left (without telling), and I only came back 3 weeks ago as SPPf is now going under the same strain (well, has been for a long time, I just didn't realise it), so left there as well.

Obviously there are other factors such as school going back in August/September, and that means homework. Some people might make some resolution that they might want to give up the internet and concentrate on work (I did last year). There are different reasons to give up an internet forum you've been on for ages, or are a newbie to, but they are mainly either to do with work/school, or you're sick of the place.

I can understand why people aren't going on as much, because I was one of them, which feels a bit sad :/

"A Vote for Justice is a Vote for MCD"

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    It's school. PC is not really dieng, It's school and homework. People are leaving, sure, but people are joining all the time. I'm not in school today because I live in Florida, and Hurricane Frances delayed school.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • The problem with summer is that a whole slew of members join up. Many of (but definitely not all) these members just randomly decided to register and they post spammy topics whereas the "regulars" are out on vacation or just enjoying their school-free summer. When school starts up again, the regulars come back and visit everyday since PC becomes their escape from school once again and the newbie members feel unwanted or something and they leave. =\

Maybe that's it. I'm always trying to figure out how people on forums work... and it never ceases to confuse me. <_<

As for me, although I don't mean to, I'll subconsiously ignore people who don't post things up to my standards (which are set to challenge even myself - so it's kinda hard). =\ So all these n00bs that come and leave a few days later complaining about being ignored - it's not the rest of the world, it's you. And the same goes for everyone. I feel ignored by most of the people on this board, but I don't complain (mainly because I don't really care), since I don't take the initiative (as frosty said) to go up to them. =\ Besides, no 1 wants 2 read posts that r like this rofl omgkthx. <_< So I'll ignore you if you can't type the English language properly, too.

Oh, and if you really want to get popular, since you feel that's the only way you can live with yourself, follow Purin's advice and spend all your time on MSN talking to people. 9_9 Sadly, this sense of popularity happens off the boards, rather than on them. <_<;

*had more to say, but forgot it all~* :3

Haru!!

I got Firered!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2004
    I don't think pokecommunitys dieing,I think it's very popular and new members will always be joining.But also we have to realize some people may not like pokemon anymore,they have school,or there just bored or want to do something else.You have to know we have lives outside the computer.

Spiro

Dark Dragon Master
    Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    I personaly think its bcoz school started and...i think that admins are less active...i rarely see them..but..its not gonna die completely

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • j_spiro1 said:
    I personaly think its bcoz school started and...i think that admins are less active...i rarely see them..but..its not gonna die completely
    Well it's not because of the Admins because they was never on PC all that much (even if PC might would pick up a little if they was on), and I have been here a year and a half.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back