• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokecommunity is dying, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katty

what's^?
    Years
    i noticed PC started to loose hits these days, & not as many posts are being made, why? from my opinon, the root admin is not very active, & people dont notice you're a nice person.

i just dont understand, i mean pc has a nice layout, nice people, awesome avatars but..

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Because most are loosing interest on PC/Pok?mon...
    Well, I can just say I try to post as much as I can, and make this place happy (And a place to flame newbies) XD

Years
    katty said:
    yeah i want the truth.
    (stubid character limit thingie)
    Well, besides what the mods said, people keep making threads like this, people keep leavign, and all the old members seem to be leaving one after another. It's sad, really.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    Flygon_trainer said:
    Well, besides what the mods said, people keep making threads like this, people keep leavign, and all the old members seem to be leaving one after another. It's sad, really.

True, hopefully nintendo will be able to get some new intrest in pokemon, to keep the series going. Bring in new things, preferable targetting teen gamers, and maybe then we'll see the pokemon sites thriving again.

Finglonger

Leper messiah
    Years
    er you think this place is dead? go to pe2k, before my being banned we had about 6 people on a day max. And since I left at least 3 other active members have in protest, yeah its dying x_x

Years
    • Age 33
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 13, 2009
    I really dont think its dieing yet but then again I'm not that active outside the rp section.... :paranoid: anyway I heard somewhere that there's gonna be a totally new twist on pokemon.(Or that or my sources failed me once again :dead: )

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    Yes well to be honest ppl are starting to lose interest in pokemon + some ppl like the 'oh please don't leave' stuff in good bye threads and after one or two 'please don't leave' replies they decide to stay................
    oh well its up to the individual i don't say anything

so lets just see how PC is going
    it has the most amount of members in its history presently but the fact is that
    more newbies and less veterans = a crappy PC

Oh well i'm not leaving........................

Years
    • Age 33
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 13, 2009
    Ice demon said:
    Yes well to be honest ppl are starting to lose interest in pokemon + some ppl like the 'oh please don't leave' stuff in good bye threads and after one or two 'please don't leave' replies they decide to stay................
    oh well its up to the individual i don't say anything

so lets just see how PC is going
    it has the most amount of members in its history presently but the fact is that
    more newbies and less veterans = a crappy PC

Oh well i'm not leaving........................

So true,But on the other hand,Atleast some have been to other forums like Pe2K and stuff,So there not that new,atleast by my standars.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Now for a PC veteran's two cents:

-What annoys me the most is seeing a decline in the creativity of topics. I used to go on and be able to find a thread that was fun to post in, but nowadays, it is either some random, quirky question or a thread that's been done 50 times before.

-I'm also annoyed by how often newbies go off-topic or SPAM in a thread and don't really seem to care. This leads to more people going off-topic or spamming by example, then a good thread gets ruined.

-Getting ignored is also a large facter. newbies will come in and make "friends" with just any person that posts in their welcome thread. My only friends on PC are those that I've known since forever and have a good character. I never make friends with a random person just cuz he posted in my thread.

-As a veteran, I'm ignored and taken for granted a lot. The only thing that keeps people from ignoring me altogether is the fact that I'm a mod, then people barrage me with PM's along the lines of, "How do I become a mod liek you??!!?" or "This person called me a bad word! Ban him!!11" and the occasional newbie from the above bullet saying "You replyed to my topic you must be a cool person can you be my friend?" ugh!

I, like most veterans, don't really feel welcome in here anymore.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the shift in overall PC dynamic and the change in PC's average member that people know about but nobody will talk about.

The shift has ALREADY killed the PC most of us who have been here for a few months or more knew, but it won't kill PC itself. School and homework is just an underlying factor which adds to the noticeable change.

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
    Well, thats a question we wish we could answer....unfortuanetely, its not that easy.... people come and go and a lot of our best members have been leaving.... most usually come back but some leave....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back