• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeKart- Yes or No?

Would you like a PokeKart game?

• YES! I love MarioKart and/or Pokemon. :)

Votes: 82 73.9%
  • NO! It doesn't seem interesting or fun.

Votes: 29 26.1%

• Total voters
    Years
    So I was just playing my MarioKart on the Wii a few days ago and a thought struck me while I was gaming- Why not have a PokeKart game?

It's like MarioKart(if you don't know what it is, Google it.) but of course replace everything with the Pokemon touch and stuff. I had already came up with several courses in the Grand Prix such as Raticate Raceway, Rocky Ore Mines, Excadrill Cave, Thunderbolt Circuit, Frozen Peak and more that possibly you and I can imagine and coin up.

So if there was an opportunity for such a game to be made(Note: It'll have to be on the DS or Wii for the racing mechanics and joy), would yuo readily accept the idea or just brush it aside? I as a MarioKart fanatic and a Pokemon fan would definitely want this game idea at all costs. What about you?

marcc5m

what
    Years
    Hell yeah :D
    I'd love to see Squirtle as koopa shells, Gastly as those little ghost things, Shroomish as shrooms...Maybe one of the racers can be Sableye, he looks like a good replacement for Dry Bones. :D

Years
    And I would like to see how the Pokemon version of Coconut Mall is.

What do you think could be a good replacement for some of the characters? I think Torterra could be Bowser with the spikes but it's not that bad-**s.

jsilver

Pokemon Strategist
    Years
    Poke Kart

Totally YESSSS!!! For me it the best raising game ever.. hehehe

marcc5m

what
    Years
    And I would like to see how the Pokemon version of Coconut Mall is.

What do you think could be a good replacement for some of the characters? I think Torterra could be Bowser with the spikes but it's not that bad-**s.

I think Sandslash, Nidoking or Rhydon could maybe make a good replacement for Bowser. Mario could be Pikachu, Luigi could be...Treecko? And maybe Peach could be Kirlia.

Years
    I think Sandslash, Nidoking or Rhydon could maybe make a good replacement for Bowser. Mario could be Pikachu, Luigi could be...Treecko? And maybe Peach could be Kirlia.
    Baby Peach could the be Ralts! XD Bowser Jr can be either Sandshrew or Nidorino then. Koopa Troopa can be substituted by Tirtouga or Turtwig. I think Toad would be Foongus and Toadette will be the feminine version. Diddy Kong is a definite Aipom. :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    No. The heyday of making generic Kart Racing games with different franchised characters died when we moved into the the Playstation 2 era (After reaching the peak with Crash Team Racing and Diddy Kong Racing). With the rare exceptions like Sega All-Stars racing the genre mainly exists now as a punchline to jokes about over-saturating a franchise.

It'd just be an inferior Mario Kart with less memorable characters (that cause even more roster arguments).

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    That would be a cool concept. Obviously, PokeKart's counterpart would be Pikachu. Other racers would include Machamp, Alakazam, Lucario, Snivy and Oshawott.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Yes! Snorlax will probably replace bowser as the heavy weight of the game. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Petilil racing. Nice thought, but I don't really want it to happen. I'd probably just prefer Mario Kart, and PokeKart would be a blatant copy. Moving this to spin offs since this wouldn't be a main game though.

Years
    I'd love for this to happen, utilizing attacks and items from the Pokemon franchise, to outrace our opponents would be pretty neat. We did get a racing game in the form of Pokemon dash, albeit a lackluster one. I don't have any opposition to it and it would be interesting to see what Nintendo does with it.

Years
    I could really see this coming out in Japan and then not being released anywhere else x]
    I'd totally want to play this though, Miltank Farms FTW! x]

Years
    I'm fairly sure I'd snap this up, Nintendokart is more likely though or another pokemon dash.

It would be good if one of the powerups lets you use one of the pokemon you're using's attacks.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    i think they could put legendary pokemon in a final course and they're attacking you and you have to try dodge them while still getting first place. but if they did do this everybody would just compare it to mario kart... wait, what if they put it on the 3ds and make everything 3d??? that would be cool.

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
    Hecks yeah, I would so like to play a racing game in the vain of Mario Kart, but with Pokémon. =D Iirc, they had a Pokémon pinball game, so why not a racing kart game? Instead of the final course being named Rainbow Road, it could be called Victory Road.^^

Years
    Hecks yeah, I would so like to play a racing game in the vain of Mario Kart, but with Pokémon. =D Iirc, they had a Pokémon pinball game, so why not a racing kart game? Instead of the final course being named Rainbow Road, it could be called Victory Road.^^
    I can also imagine racecourses based on those special areas in the version games. Like Berry Forest, Mirage Island and who knows, a Deoxys-themed Birth Island racetrack! Wheeee!~

There could be Gear Factory inspired by the Klink family that'll take the place of Toad's Factory. Mushroom Gorge would be something in relevance to Shroomish/Breloom. Carnivines would take the roles for those Piranha plants. :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    It would be so fun to play!
    The items could be TMs, and they could go like this:
    Mushroom=Quick Attack
    Triple Mushroom=Agility
    Golden Mushroom=Gyro Ball
    Mega Mushroom=Mist
    Banana=Shadow Ball
    Triple Banana=Toxic Spikes
    Green Shell=Rock Throw
    Triple Green Shell=Rollout