• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokeluvers!

Rate this site 1-10

• Total voters
    Years
    Hey here's a semi new pokemon fan site. My site is having its six month anniversary in august, so its not new new but close enough. You should come by and see it. I am working on some things for the special day. I still have some stuff to do but its coming along nicely.

Last edited:
    Years
    thank you I am still working on trying to get more data on each pokemon but see as there is almost 500 its taking some time...

Years
    Your site looks good. I do suggest however that you redo the Pokédex because it would not render in Firefox, only in Internet Explorer.

Years
    Well, I was hopin for better results but the results were totally as I expected. I am using a entirely FREE website maker and so that's why its not as good as it could be. The site's going on its six month anniversary which is a HUGE mile stone for me. (And with 400 some hits I am already ahead of where I thought I'd be...) I definitely can't aford a great site so I can only use what is given to me or is free... :( , but any advise, or etc, I am given I'll use to make it better.

PS: the pokedex was made for me so i'll see if i can have him fix it...

H-King

Elite Four Will Fan
    Years
    it looks pretty good. it could use a little more pictures though.

Brocco Guy

Cloan Club Guy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2009
    I liked it. The layout was a little confusing--try to use borders or something. The Pikachu Logo has some noise, so its pixels were funny.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    This website has the pleasure of testing my newly designed rating system for websites. :D

Layout
    The layout is obviously one built by a site builder, rather than with your own two hands (i.e. through CSS and HTML). This acts to the detriment of your site's originality in its look and feel. However, it is reasonably clear: text is not difficult to read, and pages aren't hard to find.

However, broken links are present in the navigation which does act to the detriment to the feel of the website, particularly when it redirects you to a page that is not in sync with the rest of your layout.

My recommendation would be to build your own layout, even if it means changing hosts (if the current host only operates with a site builder.)

Pokeluvers!
    Pokeluvers!
    Pokeluvers!
    Pokeluvers!
    Pokeluvers!

Atmosphere
    There are some grammatical errors in the site, like with "Once you beat the elite four and get the National Dex the following thing happen" or "New section with news about all of the New Pokemon games!" but there is nothing intrusive. You also seem to make a noticeable attempt to make the atmosphere friendly.

One thing I would suggest is to run all your paragraphs through a spelling and grammar checker (like Microsoft Word) so all your sentences are correct. Also, I would suggest personalising it a bit more: try to have a writing style that is distinctly you. It does take a while to develop, but it's worth it.

Pokeluvers!
    Pokeluvers!
    Pokeluvers!
    Pokeluvers!
    Pokeluvers!

Uniqueness
    Here we hit a bump. Many viewers can forgive a generic layout, but your content lacks originality. For example, you've obviously put a lot of work into your Pokédex, but it doesn't have any new information that can't be gotten elsewhere, like at Veekun or Serebii.

It is so important to be unique, because it will give people a reason to come to your site rather than the myriad of other Pokémon sites out there. It's hard, but it's essential. I suggest you start by asking the question, "what can I offer that nobody else can? What can I do better than everyone else?" And then, move from there.

You said something about a six-month milestone, so I can see you have the determination. :) Now it's time to put that determination to good use.

Pokeluvers!
    Pokeluvers!
    Pokeluvers!
    Pokeluvers!
    Pokeluvers!

Informative Content
    Your informative content consists of a Pokédex. As I've said, this is a good start, but you have to add more. Most people don't check a Pokédex for flavour text or abilities - they'll check it for moves, locations, and other juicy things.

Creating a full Pokédex with all this information is a daunting task, so maybe you'll want to delay that to post other things. Game reviews are a good place to start, but be careful: don't list simple facts. Be deep in your reviews, and preferrably review games that haven't received much coverage. Ultimately, it's your choice, but you need to improve the depth of your content.

Pokeluvers!
    Pokeluvers!
    Pokeluvers!
    Pokeluvers!
    Pokeluvers!

Interactive Content not applicable

Creative Content not applicable

Overall
    Overall, the biggest thing you need to change is your content: make it deeper and make it more original. Then, you should work on building your own layout. I'm sorry if you find this review harsh, and I'll be willing to discuss it more in detail through VM or PM, but it's aimed at helping your site get better. :)

Pokeluvers!
    Pokeluvers!
    Pokeluvers!
    Pokeluvers!
    Pokeluvers!

Years
    I really can't say much other than thank you. that is exactly the stuff i wanted to here on this thread. (Not be sarcastic either.) I wanted to get info that could help me make the site better and thats exactly what you did. comments duly noted...

Years
    Thank you. Unfortunately I did a huge amount of updates but do to technical proubles with the server, they wont show for a while.

Brocco Guy

Cloan Club Guy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2009
    That is kind of what I wanted for my site. (The review.)

Ah well. I think I agree with it.

Years
    I could use some helpers and such... if anyones interested. I would just need help gathering intel and such and etc. if any one would want to help just PM or visitor message me. Plus if there is somethinhg you would want to see on the site just post it:D

Last edited:

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    Pikaluvr said:
    I really can't say much other than thank you. that is exactly the stuff i wanted to here on this thread. (Not be sarcastic either.) I wanted to get info that could help me make the site better and thats exactly what you did. comments duly noted...
    You're most welcome. :D It's good to see that my review can make a positive impact. ^^

Back