• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon 5th Gen Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    As many of you should know, a 5th Generation Pokemon will be revealed on February 23 on Pokemon Sunday.I have came up with a theory when the 5th Gen will begin for both Japan and USA.

For Japan:
    Generation 1 started in 1996
    Generation 2 started in 1999
    Generation 3 started in 2002
    Generation 4 started in 2006

From Gen 1 to 2 it was 3 years. From Gen 2 to 3 it was 3 again. From Gen 3 to 4 it was 4. So it goes 3 years.3 years, and 4 years, so it goes two numbers, add one, then two numbers again. The math is 2006 + 4 = 2010. This is when I think Generation 5 will begin in Japan.

For USA:
    Generation 1 started in 1998
    Generation 2 started in 2000
    Generation 3 started in 2003
    Generation 4 started in 2007

From Gen 1 to 2 it was 2 years. From Gen 2 to 3 it was 3. From Gen 3 to 4 it was 4. So it goes 3 years.3 years, and 4 years, so it goes for every Generation you add a another year. So 5 years from 2007 if it follows this cycle will be 2012. But it also could be 2011 because Pokemon game release a year after the Japan ones.

Also pokemon from Gen 4 was announced in Gen 3 in 2005, 1 year before Gen 4 in Japan and 2 in USA. Thus Gen 5 might happen between 2010 and 2012.

Now another theory for the system Generation 5 will be played on is you can trade pokemon from Gen 1 into Gen 2. You can import pokemon from Gen 3 into Gen 4. There are some rumors for a DS 2. So what I'm saying is that the DS 2 will be release on a different console than Gen 4, therefore can't trade pokemon from Gen 4 in Gen 5. So the DS 2 would be released in Japan in 2010 and in the USA in 2012 or 2011.

Remember this is just a theory, there is no evidence if anything is true or not. But if it is, The all I could say is, I totally called it!

Last edited:

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
    When the announced Gen. 5 they said it would be released in 2010, if I'm not mistaken.

JeTz

ジェット
    Years
    Nice theory you got there, yes time we can't be predictable. A time change might happen so after seeing you theory, it truly make some sense or just coincidence?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    When the announced Gen. 5 they said it would be released in 2010, if I'm not mistaken.

During GenII, GenIII, and GenIV's prerelease hype. The first pokemon to be revealed were revealed at least two years before their game actually came out. So since the first GenV pokemon is being revealed in 2010, I wouldn't expect to see the game until 2012.

Of course, this is all hinging on tradition. Nintendo could just be withholding information until a lot later in the development process this time around as part of a marketing strategy. The successor to the DS (and the most likely platform for Pokemon GenV) has yet to be announced as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back