• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: A Fresh Start

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    Ready? Then let's begin.

With a huge sigh of relief from Cooper, the ball stopped rolling. He had done it. It first catch. And it was a dragon of all things.

"YYEEAAAHH!!" he roared, punching the air. He ran to Ottoman and helped the exhausted pokemon sit up.

"You did it Ottoman! You rock!"

Ottoman grinned back at Cooper.

Professor Sequoia, working in her office, heard footsteps coming across the bridge to the Dragon's Den. She looked out and saw Cooper returning from his expedition.

"Cooper, you were in there for hours," she began, "did you find anything?"

Cooper grinned, "I got an Axew Professor!"

The Professor took a few moments to register what he had said, "an Axew... you found one?"

Cooper nodded, "Yea! I checked my PokePad, and it's a girl! I'm gonna call her Mrs. Chops!"

"Catchy..." Sequoia sighed under her breath,

"And look!" Cooper continued, holding the pad up to the Professor, "She knows Night Slash!"

'That's unbelievable...' Sequoia thought to herself, 'How did Cooper of all people...'

"Anyway, can I use your healing machine or whatever it is you have? Ottoman's pretty beat up as well..."

"S-sure, just through here..."

When the healing was complete, Cooper and the Professor left the building, standing at the doorway.

"You'll want to go to the Ice Path from here," Sequoia said, "This is where your adventure really begins!"

Cooper's grin grew even bigger, "Thanks, Professor!" He then ran in excitement to his first destination, "I won't let you down! I'm gonna be the Champion!"

Sequoia laughed to herself, "Maybe there's some hope for this boy after all..."

(OOC: Gahh it's short and it's filler and it feels weird :c But it's really just to finish off Chapter One, and give Mrs. Chops her name x3)

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    @Zeph. - It was a short yet enjoyable filler, I really like your portrayal of Sequoia, and Mrs. Chops is actually quite an awesome name xD

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
    Chapter 3 - Part I
    " Scavenger hunt "
    - Route 44 -

Lily was sitting on a rock at the entrance of the Ice path searching for something in her bag. " Here it is!!" she said pulling out a violet bottle spray. It was a potion she got in Blackthorn city. " Clover! Winter come here!" she shouted towards the pokemon which were staying a few feet away from her under a tree. Clover rushed towards his trainer while Winter gracefully walked to Lily. The girl used the potion on the as they will have to travel through route 44 until they reach a pokemon center and who knows what could happen. " All done! Now let get a move on." But just as she got up she heard her name being shouted from within the cave, the sound getting louder and louder. When she tried to look into the cave she saw what looked like Jonah running towards them but still didn't spot Lily. The man would have passed right by them if Lily hadn't gotten o grip on his lab coat just as he exited the cave. " Where are you running to? " she said when the man finally stopped running.

"I…pant pant……came…to deliver something on behalf of…..pan….the professor…"

"Ok, take a deep breath and then continue. We don't want you dying on us."
    The professor becoming all shy and stuff when he heard her voice.

So after a little break the professor got a little box out of his pocket. "This……..from….professor." he said trying to tuck his head into the lab coat. Jonah didn't really socialize much so when he starts a conversation he gets all flustered and shy. " I see. Let's see what's inside." She said opening it. There lied a green with a bit of orange pokeball. " Oh a dusk ball. Well make good use of it." She said turning towards Jonah but the man was already running towards the cave. She could help but laugh at the scene. " Well at least he's entertaining. Now let's go." She said getting up and starting to walk with both her pokemon by her side, Clover on her left and Winter on her right very close to her leg.

After about 20 minutes of walking bad luck rang on Lily's door. It started to rain heavily over the area and Lily started running with Clover and Winter in her arms trying to find shelter. Ashe spotted a lodge in the distance so she decided that was her best option. She reached the lodge, a bit soaked but nothing o warm fire couldn't fix. She put Clover and Winterdown and knocked on the door.
    "Come in! The door is opened!" she heard from inside.

She opened the door and entered followed by her two companions. She was greeted by a tall man that was sitting on the couch with his leg all bandaged on the table. "Sorry to intrude, but the rain caught us off guard. " "Don't worry I'm the ranger in this area and this lodge is welcomed to trainers anytime. But you'll have to manage for yourself as you see I'm kind of in a bad situation. But please take a seat near the fire."

Lily took of her jacket and placed it near the fire and then sat down near it to get warm with Clover climbing in her lap and Winter keeping the distance from the fire and sat near the coach that the ranger was on. " What happened? With your leg I mean." "Well ranger duties leave you with a broken bone sometimes. " the man tried to make his situation funnier. " I had to heal a pokemon in the area but it panicked and attacked me and here I am sitting in front of the fire."

"It must be hard walking around to cook or others. " just then Lily's belly grumbled it was way past 3 pm and the only thing she had for breakfast were the cookies she ate in the cave with. "I see I'm not the only one starving, I'll go.." the ranger said trying to get up to head to the kitchen. " No no don't worry, I'll take care of it, it's the least I can do." "Thank you, you'll find anything you need in the kitchen."
    The kitchen was just across the room separated by just a half wall but you could see in the room. Lily wasn't very open hearted towards new people but those who helped pokemon were the only people she could trust so quickly. She put an apron on and got down to cookie. Her cooking skills were even more greater than her battling ones. While she was chopping some carrots for the soup she was making. " So what brings you in these part of the region? " "Well I'm a pokemon trainer. Recently started but it's good so far." " I see." He said petting Clover who was sitting on the couch next to him. Winter on the other hand was sitting by Lily's leg. She pulled a bit her jeans and Lily turned towards her. " Yes? What is it?" the pokemon pointed towards the soup asking if she could help. " How nice. Of course you can." Lily said picking Snorunt up and putting her on the table. " I just finished chopping these so you can put them in the soup. " Winter was overjoyed so she took the vegetables one by one and added them into the soup as Lily was slowly stirring. " So….what will happen with the injured pokemon." Lily asked as she was tasting the soup to see it's taste. The ranger looked down. " Well I don't really know. I had to give him and antidote to cure its fever but due to it, it had hallucinations and thought I was a threat and attacked……and also made me drop the only batch of antidote I had………and what is worse is that it will take another ranger two days to come take my place. " " That's horrible. " Lily said taking the salt that she told Winter to bring. " Yes indeed. Hope the pokemon will last a little longer."
    " And the isn't any other solution?" Lily said putting a soup bowl in front of the ranger. Then went and gave Clove and Winter some pokefood and then sat down next to the ranger with her own plate. " It tastes delicious." He said taking a sip and enjoying the warm and delicious taste of the soup. " Only if I gather some more ingredients for the antidote and give it to the pokemon, but I can't in my current situation." Then silence filled the room both range and trainer thinking about the fate of the injured pokemon. Just then Lily's light bulb lit over her head. " What if I do that instead. A little detour from my journey won't hurt anyone. " The ranger thought a bit about it then looked at the girl. " Well gathering the ingredients requires knowing the area and there are wild pokemon out there and of course I wouldn't even imagine you facing the injured pokemon in its rampaging state.
    "I'm not as weak as I look." Lily said trying to convince the ranger that she will do it. " Regarding the area I can download a map from the internet on my Pokepad and you can point out the locations…..and if I manage to find all the ingredients it more than proof that I can handle the pokemon. And my pokemon will be with me. " The ranger looked at Clover and Winter who were eating their food and then back at Lily. " I see I can't change your mind. Fine but you'll have to be extra careful. After lunch I'll give you all the details needed."

Lily was more than happy that she could be of some help. She rushed through her food and quickly found a map of the area. The ranger gave her a list with what she had to gather and marked the locations where the items were found. " Ok then were heading out. " she said towards the ranger all packed and with her pokemon already out ready to go get those items. " Be careful and hurry as it will get dark soon. " "I will! I promise!" she said closing the door and heading on.
    After a 15 minute walk to the West of the area Lily checked the list she had received and looked at the map on her pad. " Well according to this the ingredient we are going to find in this part required for the antidote is Pecha Berries. We need three of them. The berries look like these guys. " she said showing Winter and Clover a picture of the berry. They got to a path that had on both sides, trees and bushes along it. " Sew…Sewaddle!!!" Clover cried pointing towards the left. There lied a three with the desired berries. " Good job Clover! We found them. " she said petting Clover on the head then walking towards the tree. " All we need now is to pick…" she said reaching towards the tree, but before grasping any berry a pokemon jumped from behind the tree growling at Lily which made her take a few steps back empty handed. She looked on her Pad and found out that the pokemon was a Poochyena and that they were very territorial. " Nice doggie. Good doggie. " But the pokemon didn't back down and howled signaling that it was ready to fight. " Clover you got this. " she said towards Clover picking Winter and putting her on her shoulder. The wild pokemon dashed at Clover into a Tackle. " Evade using String Shot!" Clover used its string to pull itself up using one of the branches from a nearby tree. Seeing as its target was on a branch Poochyena leaped towards Lily with its fangs out. Clover immediately jumped from the tree and like a mini Tarzan using its web to swing knocked the pooch into a tree. The pokemon got mad and started chasing Clover around trying to Tackle it every time. Lily told Clover to evade every time as she was waiting for the perfect moment to strike. " Now Clover jump and use Energy Ball!" the pokemon sprung up and launched the powerful attack blasting the mutt into a bush leaving it there dizzy. Then Lily quickly took some three berries and stashed them in her bag then ran away.

"Ok the next item is a Lum berry leaves which looks like this" showing them the picture " and should be around the foot of a mountain. The ranger said to look for Vullaby and we will find the berries near their nest. " She then looked up her Pokedex and found out what the pokemon looked like. And just as she took her head out of the Pad Winter had spotted the berry with the leaf next to it. Yes, there was a single berry and leaf that was on a branch that had a nest on it , in which the bird pokemon was sleeping. " Ok guys I'll go get it without waking the pokemon " Lily put her bag down and went slowly towards the edge of the mountain. She climbed a bit so she could reach the nest and stretched her hand to get the leaf. " Phew!" she said managing to get the leaf without waking up the bird but just as she taught she was off the hook the rock she was holding to crumbled making her fall. It wasn't dangerous or anything as she was really close to the ground but the fall woke up the bird. The bird flapped its wings and dived down towards Lily into a Fury Attack. Winter jumped out and used Powder Snow to stick the bird onto the rocks. Lily got up and walked away behind Winter ready to continue the battle. The wild bird flew up and dived once again into the same attack. Winter was told to use Rollout and smashed into the bird both pokemon flying back onto the ground on their feet. Seeing as direct attack were not very useful Lily came up with something on the moment. " Winter use Double Team and then hide in the bushes. " the hat pokemon multiplied itself and jumped in some bushes that surrounded the area popping out from time to time to confuse the bird. Vullaby was going from bush to bush and pecking on it and looked just like it was playing Whac-a-Digglet or in this case Snover. The bird got angry and flew a bit higher and started flapping it wings faster and faster. It used gust to blow away Snover from the bush then went straight Winter. " Winter Rollout on the double!" the pokemon clashed once again but this time Winter managed to knock the bird further. And while the bird was trying to get up , Lily and the rest managed to slip away with the leaf.

After running for a while to make sure that the bird would not follow them Lily checked the map for the next location. " The only thing left are two Sitrus berry leaves which are found in the middle of the area." After walking for an hour she reached the middle are of the route and Lily was looking with her eyes wide opened for the Sitrus tree. As she was losing hope she saw a glimpse of the yellow fruit in a tree a bit further from here. " No wonder it was so hard to find……it's the only one growing in the tree. " she said reaching for the berry. As she was just about to get it something dashed at high speed and took the berry before the girl. It was another bird pokemon which landed nearby with the berry in its mouth. The pokemon was an Archen from what the Pokedex decriebed. " Guys quick get the berry before it eats it!!!!!" telling both her pokemon to try and retrieve the berry. Clover used String Shot and pulled the berry away from the bird and was running towards Lily to give it to her. Archen dashed into a wing Attack as it wouldn't let its food get away that easily. It knocked Clover into a bush making him drop the berry, which was now once again in the bird's possession. The birds was flapping happily and threw the berry in the air opening its mouth so it could eat it. Winter jumped over the bird catching the berry before it could get eaten. The bird pokemon got mad used Rock Throw on the ice pokemon, the rocks knocking it away but winter still managed to hold the berry. Clover managed to get up and walked next to Winter which got up as well. "Let's end this quick. Clover Energy Ball! Winter Powder Snow! " The attacks hit the bird pokemon dead on and made the bird pokemon faint. "Great!!! We have the last one. Now let's hurry back to the lodge."

Just as the sun was about to set Lily reached the lodge and opened the door. "We found them all. " she said as the ranger turned its head towards her. ' That's great news. Hand them over." Lily took the items from her bag and put them on the table in front of the ranger. " Now please bring the brown case from that drawer. " the ranger said pointing to his left. The case contained and alchemy set which he used to prepare antidotes. "You did great lily. Why don't you go up and go to sleep as you'll need the rest. " " But we can still fight! We can go this night!" " I'm sure you can, but the antidote takes 12 hours to make so while you sleep I'll make it. And don't worry for me I've had my share of sleep so I'll be fine."

Lily had no other choice than to go rest so she took her pokemon and went up stairs but not after whishing the range good luck and a good night. She entered the spare room the lodge had and after changing hit the bed because, even thought she wanted to go help the injured pokemon as soon as possible, she was more than exhausted. Clover and Winter cuddled up to her and after a while all fell asleep leaving the moonlight to watch over them.

( OCC: Sorry for the late post but i was busy finding Christmas gifts and still have to find two more :P )

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    @Romdinner - It's quite alright, that time of the year again D: Really great post, I loved the ranger-sequence and the small battles surrounding the berries were really amusing.

Snorunt (Winter) grew to lv. 13 and learned Icy Wind!
    Sewaddle (Clover) grew to lv. 16 and learned Razor Leaf!

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    The Ice Path
    Chapter 2

By the time Franco emerged from the Dragon's Den, the sky was a completely dark dome, save for the stars and the moon.

Franco yawned. The walk into the cave was full of mysteries to be found, and Dragons to be seen… or not seen. Unfortunately, the walk back had been much more of the same: Joltik nibbling at the static of his clothes, and darkness. Luckily for him, all veteran journeyers know to bring a flashlight with them, and he was a veteran indeed. Unluckily for him, his flashlight didn't add any sort of entertainment to the dreary walk.

As he turned off his flashlight, he realized that now, there was more walking to be made. He sighed, and dejected, he continued on. The Pokémon Center would provide a safe haven for the night, and he could have Nurse Joy look at his Pokémon.

The rest of the way, Franco actually wondered whether there were Nurse Joys in charge of the Pokémon Centers even now, in this new league… There were.

Unimpressed, Franco left his Pokémon in the care of the professional, and got a room key for the night. Sleep would come easy…

Breakfast at the Pokémon Center was good, as always. The food was never as good as Nonna's, but it always tasted of adventure. Franco retrieved his Pokémon from Nurse Joy, purchased some patented Dragon-type Pokémon food from a local breeder, some of the basic chow from the Pokémon Mart, and next thing he knew, he was ready to go out and journey.

His first destination would be Mahogany Town, he decided noting that the hike down to New Bark Town would be more perilous as well as less rational, and so, he took off towards the Ice Path…

Franco shivered as soon as he entered the cave. Apparently, the people around here had named it rather more aptly than they'd named the Dragon's Den… He chuckled at the thought, and proceeded to pull out his jacket. His Joltik, as had already become customary at this point, was riding on the trainer, tickling Franco as it crawled throughout his body as it looked out for static to, umm, consume?

Finally he couldn't take it anymore. The constant friction between his shirt and his jacket seemed to produce more static than his shirt by itself, and his food-crazed Pokémon's tickling was proving to be a bit too much. "Calm down." He told his Pokémon in-between chuckles as he reached for her and perched her on his head. "Stay there or you're going into your Poké Ball." He warned sternly, although not seriously.

"Jolt." The Pokémon answered, shivering slightly but staying put.

The walk through the Ice Path was actually not so bad. The place was actually quite beautiful, and although Franco knew there were many Pokémon in here, he guessed that if he walked along the main road, they wouldn't bother him. The path was actually mostly artificial, he noted, and it would be hard to get lost unless he decided to go into one of the many side tunnels, but he didn't want to bother. He had been late, he remembered, surely all the other trainers were way ahead of him, and although a journey wasn't a race, it was a competition.

Franco sighed, feeling sorry for himself.

Out of the blue, however, he felt a rumble.

The rumble turned stronger, and stronger, and for a second, Franco thought that the earth itself was shaking, and suddenly, a screeching sound picked him off his feet and dropped him. Looking up, he saw a Woobat colony flying directly at him. Startled, Franco brought his arms up in a dumb attempt at shielding himself, and the charging Bat Pokémons crashed against him full on, lifting him off the ground and dropping him several feet back.

Falling with a loud thud, noticing that his Joltik was no longer on his person, he turned around and found his Pokémon clinging on to a Woobat. Aggravated, he got up, and reached for his Poké Ball. "Go, Dratini! Use Wrap!"

His Poké Ball flew a long distance, and propelled his Dragon-type Pokémon up in the air, to where said Woobat was flying. Clinging on to its body, she squeezed and brought the three Pokémon down to a rather ungraceful landing.

However, the rest of the colony noticed this, and turning around, they began flying toward Franco. "Dratini, Joltik, let's ruuuuuun!" He screamed as he made his way with his Pokémon toward a side tunnel. Realizing that his Pokémon couldn't run as fast as him though, he recalled them into their Poké Balls as he made his way to a side tunnel. Then, the colony kept following him.

As he made his way into a larger chamber in the cave, he slipped on icy floor, and slid forward until a wall stopped him with a bang and a smack on his head. I'm done for, he thought as he slipped into unconsciousness, hearing the flapping sounds of their wings increase as the sight of his pursuers faded while he went to sleep…

Franco woke up when a strange blue Pokémon with purple wings slammed against him. He pushed the fainted Pokémon off of him, and confused by the chaos of high-pitch and flapping sounds he turned his sight up, towards the roof of the cave. He saw tens, maybe even hundreds of Pokémon flying around and fighting each other; thick, furry Woobats fighting slick, longer Zubats. The Pokémon colonies seemed to be at… war.

Preferring to avoid trouble, Franco tried to get away by sliding across the frozen floor, and reaching an exit to the chamber he currently found himself in. Then, he risked another look. The Zubat colony seemed to be overwhelming the Woobat one based on sheer numbers, although the Woobats seemed to be taking advantage of their type advantage in one-on-one battles. Franco sighed; he couldn't believe that he had gotten himself into something like this!

He tried to take off in the direction of the tunnel… wherever it went, but a high-pitched screech behind him made him stop in his tracks, and upon turning around he received another blow on the stomach as a Zubat crashed against him. Behind it, he saw the shape of a Woobat swooping down at it with glowing eyes. Confusion, he thought realizing that the Woobat was attacking the Zubat. He didn't want to get in the middle of this, but it seemed it wasn't his choice anymore.

"Dratini, use Thunder Wave!" He commanded as he sent his Pokémon out to battle. Immediately, the electric pulse seemed to stop the Woobat's wings mid-flight, and caused it to crash hard against the ground. "Good, now use Wrap!" he said, pleased.

His Pokémon obeyed, and curled around the Bat Pokémon, squeezing it tightly. "Woob-" the Pokémon tried crying, although Dratini cut it short by smothering it with her serpentine body. The Zubat, however, swooped down and buried its fangs through Dratini's hide, causing her to let go of her victim.

"What the-" Franco found himself confused. He couldn't expect the wild Pokémon to be friendly towards him, but he didn't expect it to go to the rescue of its former attacker. However, now they suspended themselves in the air, flapping their wings and having seemingly come to terms against a common enemy.

"Zuubaaat!"

And "Woobaaat!" they cried as they charged toward his Pokémon, the former sending circular waves of refracted light, and the latter enveloping his Dragon with a glowing cobalt blue aura, and sending her crashing against the wall of the slender passageway.

"Dratiiniii!" the Dragon-type cried as she struggled to rise, however, she swerved and smacked her head against the stone wall before the wild Zubat sunk its fangs on her once more.

Grinding his teeth, Franco realized the battle would be lost… well, unless he did something about it. Loosing his grip on his second Poké Ball, he threw it in-between his attackers. "Joltik use Spider Web!" he commanded.

Joltik came out, and upon noticing her new partner in danger, unleashed two Spider Webs that trapped the Bat Pokémon against the wall. "Good, now use String Shot!" her trainer commanded, prompting her to spray them both with her silk.

Great, if I can slow them down I can get away… Franco had begun thinking, until he realized that, well, heck, he was a trainer, right? So he should try to catch them! "Dratini, are you okay?" he asked, running toward his Dragon Pokémon. Unfortunately, he didn't notice that while the Zubat was struggling to get away, the Woobat had used its Confusion to shoot his Joltik against another wall, and to rip the silk that bound it.

Dratini, however, did notice it. Putting forth a look of determination, and seemingly coming back from her confusion, she leaped at the Flying Pokémon, and smacked it handily with her glowing tail. Wait a second, glowing tail?

It took Franco a second to recognize it, but there was no doubt about it, somehow, his Dratini was capable of using Iron Tail!

"Great job Dratini!" he screamed ecstatically before the wild Zubat bumped him in the back of the head and charged toward Franco's Pokémon. However, Dratini ducked and avoided the ripples of its Supersonic cry, and leaped at it, catching it with her body and Wrapping both Bat Pokémons into her serpentine grasp. It was then that she nodded at Franco…

"Joltik!" Franco said, motioning at his not-yet-fallen Pokémon. "Use Charge Beam." Joltik looked up at her trainer with an incredulous look. If she used Charge Beam now, wouldn't that also hit his Dratini? "Do it." He commanded noticing the disbelief in the Bug-type's eyes.

"Jooooooool…" She cried as she used to when she charged. The Electricity in the air seemed to freak out both Bat Pokémon, who were struggling even harder now to escape Dratini's grasp, although her attention was focused entirely on her partner's attack…

"Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiik!" the Electric beam resounded with a boom as it travelled toward the group of Pokémon; it was almost upon them, when Dratini gracefully Shed her Skin, avoiding most of the damage, and leaving the two Pokémon victim to the powerful beam.

Down and out. Franco thought to himself as he reached for two Poké Balls, which he threw at the Bat Pokémons. Having absorbed both Pokémon, his Poké Balls fell on the ground, and began to shake in unison.

((OOC: Well, there you go, I had to rewrite that post so many times just to have it make at least some sense…
    Ahh, I need to get a better idea on how to befriend Pokémon -_-'))​

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    chapter three - Route 44 (part III)
    Ashton Elden, Camping Spot

When Ashton and Rebecca packed their things together and called for their pokémon who had been playing or lazying around the camping spot in the afternoon sun, Rebecca suddenly thought of something.

"Hey, Ashton, why haven't you nicknamed your pokémon?"

Ashton looked at her, not really understanding. "Why would I do that?"

"Why wouldn't you do that?" Rebecca asked, astonished. "It's as if I would go around calling you 'boy' instead of Ashton."

"Haha, that'd be funny!" Ashton giggled. Aipom jumped up on his shoulder and agreed.

Rebecca put her hands on her hips. "Well, you don't have to, but think about it?"

Ashton straightened up a little and glanced more curiously at his pokémon. He had quite a few by now. Deino was sleeping on the ground near them. "He loves to chomp anything off from anything. What would I call someone like that?" Ashton thought out aloud.

Rebecca looked up again and followed his glance to the dragon. "Name it something cool. You like cool things, don't you?"

"Yeah!" Ashton agreed. "Alright... I'll name Deino... Babar!"

Rebecca facepalmed. "You call that a cool name?"

"It's awesome and it fits him."

"Maybe..."

Ashton went on to the other pokémon. Zubat hovered around in the air around them, seemingly snapping after some small, unaware insects. He instantly noticed that Ashton was looking at him though. "He's a focused one," Ashton mumbled. "I'll call you Caesar."

Rebecca didn't understand from where Ashton got these names. He went on to Cryogonal. "I think you should name it Cryo. You already call it that sometimes," Rebecca said as the cheerful ice pokémon came up to them after having hid in the shadow of a tree to avoid melting in the sunlight.

"Nope. It will be called Djingis!"

"It doesn't make any sense!"

"Does is have to? Now, Larvesta... where is she?" They looked around, Caesar and Djingis helping them, and found Larvesta and Remoraid sitting on a cliff behind them, seemingly talking.

"That looks so weird. A fish on land," Rebecca commented. Remoraid heard her and jumped down from the cliff.

"Haha, it doesn't seem too bothered about being on land anymore," Ashton said.

"But... it's strange! Shouldn't it be panicking right now?"

"Don't call him 'it'!"

"Why are all your pokémon so weird?" Rebecca blurted out frantically, and earned a stern look from all of the pokémon around them. The girl gulped. "I mean... sorry," she said quietly.

But she really meant it. Ashton was in some strange way... oblivious to a lot of things. Maybe he had an effect on his pokémon that made them become more like him? Rebecca shuddered. She liked Ashton, but to have a whole team of pokémon being as annoying as him...

"Larvesta..." he said and bent down to his bug pokémon. It stared at him. "Heh," Ashton said, a bit nervously. "Seems you don't really like me yet. But I'd like to name you Elektra."

Larvesta seemed like she didn't really care, and that was good enough for Ashton. He patted her head and at least didn't receive a burn in return. Then it was time for Remoraid's name. It looked up at him, nervously. Ashton thought hard. This pokémon was a good aimer. A sniper. He noticed it shivering, and picked it up.

"Hey, you aren't afraid of me, are you? Sorry about battling you earlier, but I was hungry..."

"Should you really tell your pokémon that you intended to eat it?" Rebecca said angrily.

"Uh, I mean I wanted a water pokémon badly. And you were such a good shooter!" Remoraid blinked up at him with his large fish eyes. "I'll call you Francis!" Remoraid waved its... tail... tail fin.

Aipom tapped Ashton on his head with her tail and gave him a meaning look. "Oh, right... I haven't named you yet!" Ashton said. The monkey and the man looked each other deeply in the eyes and Rebecca suddenly felt like she was intruding on something here.

"Astrid," he said. "Is that you?"

Aipom seemed to think for a moment. Then she nodded eagerly. Yes, she was Astrid.

((OOC: Just wanted to give them nicknames~ I meant for Remoraid to be called Franco, then remembered that there was a character named that for another player xD ))

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    @Drunk - A good post, I do like the War of the Bats, that was cleverly thought of.

Joltik grew to lv. 7 and learned Screech!!
    Dratini grew to lv. 6!
    Franco caught a lv. 3 male Zubat!
    Franco caught a lv. 3 female Woobat!

@RHCP - I was wondering if you'd have Ashton nickname his Pokemon, I like how the names are appropriately weird C8

Years
    Moe lets out a sigh of relief as the Dive Ball clicks shut, Tirtouga contained inside. "That was too close, Ditzy! You go back in your ball. You deserve a rest for all your hard work." He returns her to her ball, which he returns t his jacket pocket. "And as for you..." He grabs the Dive Ball, letting Tirtouga out. Tirtouga lays flat on his stomach, lifting his head to lok at Moe. "Right! You and I need to have a chat. Firstly, I'm sorry I tripped over you. Are you sorry for trying to bite me?" Tirtouga looks down, thinking. He looks Moe in the eyes, then shakes his head "no". Moe removes his glasses, rubbing the bridge of his nose. He sighs, putting his glasses back on. "Right. Well. You and I are partners now. We need to work together, and for that we need to be able to stand each other. Right now, we need to get somewhere safe, where we can rest up. You knocked out Cyndaquil," Tirtouga nods proudly, smirking, "and Ditzy's been injured since before we got out here. You're in the best condition, so you're going to help me get to safety, alright?" Tirtouga spits a stream of water into Moe's face, grinning wickedly. However, he also extends a flipper in a gesture reminiscent of a handshake. Moe wipes the water off his face, but grabs Tirtouga's flipper anyway. "Right! Glad we got that worked out. I need a name for you. I'll think of one on the way."

Tirtouga and Moe head away from the pond, headed down the path. "So, Tirtouga, if we get attacked, can you handle it? Or should I scurry back to the Ice Path check-in station?" Tirtouga hops forward faster, taking the lead. "I could carry you, you know. Walking looks a little... awkward for you. Fins and all, you know." Tirtouga sighs, but stops and holds his fins forward, asking to be held. "Aww, that's cute. Come here." Moe picks him up, giving him a hug. "What do you prefer for a name? Tank? Or Greg?" Tirtouga stays quiet, letting Moe think it over. "I'm thinking Tank. You're solid, determined, and full of water. I'll call you Tank." Tank nods in acceptance, pointing forward with a flipper. "What? Oh! Right. Keep moving. Allons-y, Tank."

After walking for a while, Tank points to something by another pond. There's a person in the water, swimming to the other side. A Potion bottle sits on the shore close to the path, seemingly dropped. Moe heads over to pick it up, shouting to the person on the other side. "Excuse me! You seem to have dropped this!" The person waves, shouting back. "Keep it! You need it more than me! Look at your Pokemon!" Moe is a bit taken aback by the comment, but can at least identify the other person as a female. "It's complicated! But thank you, miss!" "You're welcome! Just watch out for wild Pokemon!" Tank squirms, asking to be put down. Moe sets him down, applying the healing spray. "That was nice of her. We should find a way to properly thank her." A low growl cuts Moe's train of thought short. He looks up, seeing a Poochyena standing on the path, growling at him. "Oh, that's what she meant. Watch for wild Pokemon. She could have been more specific."

----
    The girl watches as Moe steps back, pointing at the wild Poochyena. She shivers a bit as the wind picks up a little, watching the battle with interest. Tank, freshly healed, starts the battle off with a Water Gun. It hits Poochyena in the face, causing Poochyena to Howl in anger. "Okay, so he starts off strong, but Poochyena just pumped itself for battle." Moe gives more orders, inaudible from this far away. Tank seems skeptical, but Withdraws into his shell anyway. Poochyena rushes forward, Tackling Tank. Tank takes the hit, sliding backwards. Moe says something, and Tank uses the momentum to roll backwards, then spin around and Rollout into the Poochyena. Poochyena Howls as Tank comes around for another hit, slamming into Poochyena. Poochyena leaps up, Tackling Tank again. The two are pressed against each other, Tank spinning on his shell, the Poochyena braced against the ground. Tank pushes forward, causing Poochyena to slide back, but it pushes right back, shoving Tank back. It jumps to the side, causing Tank to roll forward into the water. Poochyena turns to growl at Moe, and the girl wonders what will happen next.
    ----

Poochyena growls menacingly, taking a step towards Moe. "Easy now, doggy. You attacked me, remember?" Poochyena crouches, ready to leap. "But you made a critical mistake. Turning your back on the water, you've let Tank get behind you." Poochyena panics, realization crossing it's features. It spins around, bracing itself for impact. After a moment, it opens it's eyes, seeing nothing. Tank is nowhere to be seen, and Poochyena realizes it's been tricked. "And I only told you that so I could get behind you. Ditzy, Leech Life!" Ditzy swoops in, biting the tired Poochyena in the neck, draining it's energy. Poochyena falls down, too tired to move. Ditzy happily flies back to Moe, landing on his shoulder and cuddling against his cheek. Moe steps over the fainted dog, crouching by the pond. "You can come up now." Tank pokes his head out of the water, grinning smugly. "Nice job, Tank. Sorry you didn't get the final blow in. But we make a great team, don't we?" Ditzy and Tank both agree, Tank climbing onto the shore. "Now, let's go. Our last team member needs medical attention." Moe grabs Tank, and the three head down the path once more.

----
    On the other side of the pond, the girl nods approvingly. "Neat trick. It's rare to see a trainer call out a Pokemon silently. Most can't resist calling their attacks. I'll keep my eye on you, pal." She walks around the pond, pulling out a Pokeball. "Good job, Poochyena. Return." The Pokeball sends out a beam of light, converting the fainted Poochyena into energy and absorbing it. The girl puts the ball away, headed down the trail after Moe.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    @Godzil - Good job on the battle, and the perspective-switch was an interesting but nice move on your part/

Tirtougha (Tank) grew to lv. 6!
    Zubat (Ditzy) grew to lv. 11!

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    @Wonderfulpat - No worries, the format didn't bother me at all. Moreover, that was a really awesome post, I really laughed at the retarded Wooper xD Henry's gonna have some fun with that one!

Sneasel(Felix) grew to lv. 8 and learned Quick Attack!
    Henry caught a lv. 6 Male Wooper!

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    -
    -

Chapter 4: Mahogany Town​

"Welcome to the Home of the Ninja!" is what a dilapidated wooden sign says in front of the ghost of a town that is Mahogany nowadays. Only about a hundred of traditional houses remaining with. stubborn occupants, nestled between the pine-trees of the forest. There is a small Pokémon Center, standing out bright and metal between the wooden buildings surrounding it, with a few rooms to stay the night and one locally-owned café-diner that serves a hot meal any time of the day. There's not even a Poké Mart, although there's a locally-owned grocery shop that sells some of the most essential trainer supplies. Most of the villagers will be elderly people clinging to the town where they grew up in, and some families who remain rooted to their roots.

To off-set the mood of the rest of the town there is a big, colourful sign saying "New-Mahogany!" with an arrow pointing north. It shows a city with brightly-coloured houses, half of it in the snow showing a skiing village and the other half during the summer at a peaceful lake. Underneath it is an attachment that New-Mahogany has proudly been chosen to house on of the Pokémon League's gyms.

[ Optional Event: ]

While passing through the town an old lady might approach you, recognizing you as a traveler (as you'd probably stick out quite a bit). She'll explain that one of her Pokémon caught a nasty freeze, and is now showing signs of a strong flu. She knows an excellent medicine that would cure it, all she misses is the key ingredient, an Aspear berry. The only place nearby where the Aspear berries grow is in Route 43, on the steep mountainous ledges. In other words, not somewhere an old lady could reach (and somewhere even you might have trouble getting to).

If you successfully get the lady her Aspear berry she will give you an "old-fashioned" TM, explaining how her husband used to be a TM-crafter and she's got a few old ones left that were going nowhere, and she wants you to have one.

[Setting Note:] An "Old-Fashioned" TM is a small disc that you insert into your PokéPad, which reads it, teaches the Pokémon the move, and then the disc is ruined. These days you can hardly find them anymore, but the PokéPad still supports them just in case. The modern TMs are all chips you insert into the Pad or programs directly put onto the Pad that you can use infinitely.

Route 43

Route 43 has a relatively even road going straight toward the lake. To the right of the bath are a few jotted trees before the mountains take over with a steep rocky slope. To the left is a thick pine forest, housing a few camping spots closer to the route. As the forest goes on it slowly becomes almost impenetrable, switching quite closely to the route from a pine-forest to a mixed forest, resulting in an increase of undergrowth.

There's one large stream running through the forest close to the path, as well as some smaller streams more inward in the forest. Along the main path are also a few big sign-board advertising the amazing sights of New-Mahogany and Lake Rage, in case you ever forget what a wonderful place you're travelling to.

[ Pokémon available in the Forest: ]

Hoothoot

Level: 6-9
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Moves: Tackle, Growl, Foresight, Hypnosis, Peck
    Rarity:Common

Starly

Moves: Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack, Wing Attack
    Rarity: Common

Mareep

Type: Electric
    Moves: Tackle, Growl
    Rarity:Unommon

Houndour

Type: Dark/Fire
    Moves: Leer, Ember, Howl, Smog
    Rarity: Rare

Deerling

Type: Normal, Grass
    Moves: Tackle, Camouflage, Growl, Sand Attack

[Note:] As this roleplay is probably not going to go through all seasons, I'll have each type of Deerling catchable in the likely environment they'd be in. So this being relatively cold, will get the Winter Deerling.

Girafarig

Type: Normal/Psychic
    Moves: Power Swap, Guard Swap, Astonish, Tackle, Growl, Confusion, Odor Sleuth
    Rarity: Very Rare

Chatot

Moves: Peck, Growl, Mirror Move

[ Pokémon available on the Mountainside: ]

Gligar

Type: Ground/Flying
    Moves: Poison Sting, Sand Attack, Harden
    Rarity:Rare

Drilbur

Type: Ground
    Moves: Scratch, Mud Sport, Rapid Spin, Mud-Slap

[ Pokémon available in the Water: ]

Barboach

Type: Water/Ground
    Moves: Mud Slap, Mud Sport, Water Sport,
    Rarity: Uncommon

Tympole

Type: Water
    Moves: Bubble, Grown, Supersonic

[ What you may, may not and must do: ]

- You must travel through Route 44 and battle a Pokémon or an NPC trainer.
    - You may take part in the Optional Event.
    - You may not[/i] decide on the TM you receive yourself, I will decide for you.
    - You may see the evolved form of the Pokémon mentioned above, but you may not battle it or attempt to catch it.
    - You must end an attempt to catch a Pokémon with the throwing the Pokéball, I will decide wether you catch it or not.
    - You may interact with other roleplayers here if you wish, but you must do so through a joined post.

[ Notes on cathing a Pokémon : ]

- You must end an attempt to catch a Pokémon with the throwing the Pokéball, I will decide wether you catch it or not. I cannot stress this enough.
    - The better your post is, the higher the level of your Pokémon
    - If the Pokémon you are after is Very Rare, your post will have to be above-average in order to catch it.
    - If your post is exceptionally well-written and/or entertaining, there is a change your Pokémon will get an Egg Move.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
    Chapter 3 - Part II
    "Tag!!! Lily's it!"
    - Route 44 -

At the break of dawn Lily was up on her feet ready for the task that she agreed to do the other day. Clover and Winter were still sleeping so she tiptoed out of the room and went downstairs to check on the ranger. He was sleeping with his head on the table with his laptop still opened and surrounded by vials and used papers. In the middle of the table there was a bottle with a green liquid in it. " Guess he finished it and fell asleep. " she smiled. Then she went to the kitchen and started preparing breakfast. After a while the sweet scent that filled the house woke up everyone. Clover and Winter made their way down just as the ranger turned his head towards the kitchen. Lily was flipping the last pancake while the rest were on a big plate covered in a bit of butter and a lot of syrup. " I see everyone is up. " Lily said when she noticed that everyone was looking at her. She then picked up some plates and served the pancakes. Clover and Winter were delighted with the taste, enjoying every bit of their meal. " You'll make a perfect house-wife one day." The ranger joked while eating the last bit of his pancakes. Lily blushed. " Well I lose points in the cleaning department. " " Nonetheless you're cooking is delicious. " " Thank you." She said picking up the empty plates.

"Ok now let's get down to serious business." The ranger said taking his laptop. Lily sat next to him all ears with Clover and Winter next to her. " The medicine is all done and the only thing left is to treat the wild pokemon. Your target is a wild Armaldo. " opening a browser with the pokemon's picture and data. " It is usually found in the far east part of the conservation route so your best option to find it is there. " " I see, then we'll get going." " Wait, wait, wait! Don't rush. I'm not done yet. Could you please open the door? " Lily got up and a bit confused about what was going on did as she was told. The ranger then blew on a silver whistle as hard as he could. Just as Lily was about to ask why did he do that she felt something that landed behind her. It was a big metallic bird, a Skarmory. " This is Sky, my pokemon partner and will be your ride around the route. " " You mean I'll be flying on it?" Lily said with a puzzled look. The ranger nodded. " This will be so awesome!!!!" Lily burst as she had always wanted to fly. " Ok now give me your PokePad. " Lily got it out and handed it to the ranger. " I'll save my number so we'll be in permanent contact with each other through your headphone. " he said inserting his number on her Pad. " And one last thing. The Armaldo is very clever and even though it is sick it will take some brains to get it to take the medicine. " " I'll give it all I've got." Lily said with a determined look with Clover and Winter backing her up. " Good luck then! " the ranger said just as Lily was getting on Skarmory. The bird pokemon spread its wings and with Lily and her two pokemon on her back it went towards the sky. The ranger got up and using a stick he had next to his bed he went into the kitchen to get some water. As he entered he saw the big pile of dishes that were covering the sink. " She really wasn't kidding about cleaning." The ranger said amused but also serious as he knew that he had a lot of washing to do.

Lily was roaming the sky with her eyes wide opened so she could spot the wild Armaldo. " Guys keep your eyes pilled and watch out not to fall." She said towards Clover and Winter which were scouting the area. " Sewaddle!!!" the little bug pokemon shouted pointing to its left. Lily turned her head and saw down and Armaldo which was using water Gun on everything it could get its eyes on. " This is our pokemon alright. Nicely done Clover. Sky get us down near it. " "Skarmory!!!!" the pokemon cried before diving towards the ground. They landed near the pokemon but their presence had still not been detected by Armaldo, which was perfect for Lily. She snaked into some bushes a few feet away from Armaldo leaving Skarmory to fly above them. "The best option is to immobilize it while we are still hiding." She thought to herself but just as she wanted to put a plan into action by sneaking behind it and using Clover and Winter to protect her Pad started ringing. Lily quickly got it and answered it but it was too late the pokemon noticed them. " Hello Lily how's the mission going?" " Just perfect the pokemon is just marching towards UUUUS!" she yelled the last part as she jumped along with Clover and Winter out of Armaldo's rampage. " You should have sneaked up to it." Lily would have face palmed if she had the time but she had to be on guard as the pokemon turned around and was planning its next move. " Did that, but didn't work as somebody called me. " " My bad, try to find a weakness in its movements and use that to your advantage. " the ranger said while putting a plate down and picking another plate to wash. The Armaldo used Water gun this time but Lily ducked down just in time to evade while Clover and Winter jumped aside her. " Are you washing the dishes?" she said surprised hearing the water flow. " Well somebody has to do them. Now focus on your task. " "Ok ok. " she said as the stream of water coming from the pokemon stopped and the Armaldo started running towards them. " Clover now use String Shot to bind it!!! " Clover spit out it's silk string and covered Armaldo all over making it motionless. " Perfect. Now for the medicine. " Lily said putting her hand in the bag to get the bottle of medicine. Just as she was about to get it out Armaldo used it's Scratch attack to set itself free then started running from Lily and her pokemon.

"Did it work? " " Nope, but I'm not giving up so easily." She said as she picked Clover and Winter and put them on her shoulders and started chasing the pokemon. Due to its high fever the pokemon didn't care if it had something in front of it , it would just cut down trees or smash into boulders and keep running. Seeing as Lily was on his tail it used Water Gun at her again but Lily managed to evade it this time as well. Water Gun wasn't working as the fever made Armaldo's vision blurry. As Lily was getting closer the wild pokemon lifted its arms that started glowing and hit the ground. It used Mud Sport to create a slippery mud path in front of it. It jumped and slid away from Lily gaining terrain with every second. " Nice try but two can play that game. Winter use Powder Snow on the path in front! " The mud started to froze making it even slippery. Lily jumped also and was sliding even faster towards Armaldo. As she was getting colder it told Winter to use Rollout. Winter jumped off of her shoulder rolling into a ball and went in front smashing into the Armaldo sending it into some bushes. The pokemon got up and continued to run, with Lily on his tail. Armaldo reached a river that was very deep and the current was something to be cared of.

"How are things Lily?" " I should have Armaldo in my sight any moment, just have to pass by these thick bushes." As she got out of the bushy part Lily saw that Armaldo was on the other side of the river as it used a nearby wooded bridge to pass. Lily reached the bridge and ran as fast as she could so that's he could catch up to Armaldo, but to her surprise Armaldo was coming towards the bridge. As the pokemon got to the bridge Lily stopped and turned around realizing what Armaldo was up to. The pokemon crossed its arms and used Cross Poison to cut down the ropes to the bridge then fled. Lily was running as fast as she could seeing as the path behind her was sinking into the water. Just as the wooded part beneath her was about to sink Lily jumped on the land. She was breathing hard, gasping for air. After calming down as she nearly escaped drowning she waved up towards the sky signaling Skarmory to come to her. Lily got back up on Skarmory along with her pokemon and flew over the river and continued her chase. Skarmory flew fast and in a number of minutes it was back on Armaldo's tail just a few meters away from him. They reached mountain which meant that Armaldo's only escape was to go right or left but Lily had that already covered. " Clover use Energy Ball on the rocks above." She said jumping off of Skarmory with Winter, leaving it to fly Clover up to smash the rock with its attack. Due to Clover's Energy ball the blast caused a rock slide and blocked Armaldo's right and left way leaving only one way out. The same way where it came, and the way where Lily was now standing. " Winter use Double Team to get closer to Armaldo. " the ice pokemon made several copies around the trapped Armaldo and started running around it to confuse it. The pokemon started using Water Gun but Winter along with her shadows were too fast for Armaldo's attack. " Lily try to cool it down using Winter's attack, it should calm it down a little. " the ranger suggested as he was listening to Lily's every movement so he could understand her position while still with his hand in the sink. " Roger that! Winter Icy Wind at Armaldo's head. " Winter blew out a chilly wind filled with sparkly blue snow aiming at Armaldo's head. The attack was definitely working as you could that Armaldo's forehead was turning from red to its normal color. Despite that Lily's was not out of the woods yet, the sickness was still there. Armaldo used Water gun this time hitting, with the help of its luck, it not only managed to find the real Winter but it managed to even hit her. The powerful flow of water sent Winter flying into Lily's arms smashing them into a tree. After the pokemon stopped Lily and Winter were all soaked but surprisingly were smiling devious at each other.

"Now Clover!!!!!"
    and at Lily's signal Clover dropped down just above Armaldo with the medicine bottle in his hands and turned it over letting the medicine fall into Armaldo's mouth. Then Clover jumped down to Lily which just got up. The Armaldo fell down on its knees and fell asleep. " Lily what the hell happened?!?!?" " Just mission complete!!!" Lily said smiling towards both of her pokemon. " WHAT? HOW? WHEN? WHY? " the ranger asked baffled by the current situation. " Let me explain. Earlier, just before I jumped off of Skarmory I handed the bottle to Clover and told it to use it at the right moment. Then I used Skarmory to keep him up high, after blocking Amraldo's path, out of Armaldo's sight and used me and Winter as a diversion so after cooling it down and having its attention focused on us, Clover came down on a string attached to Skarmory and dropped the medicine into Armaldo's mouth." Lily ended hoping back on Skarmory. " Nicely done. You finished the mission and I just finished the dishes. " " Perfect timing then. " Lily joked.

Lily reached the lodge and the ranger was awaiting her, sitting on a bench in front of the house. Lily got down and went up to him, followed by Skarmory. " Guess my job is finished here. " Lily said smiling, felling good that she could help the pokemon.

"Indeed it is. After a nice sleep the wild pokemon will feel like new. You really should think of becoming a pokemon ranger."

" Thanks for the offer but I'll stick to my path as a pokemon trainer. "

"Ok ok. Here is some potions to heal your pokemon and an extra one for later. It the least I can do after you helped me." Handing over three potions to Lily. Lily thanked him and used two potions on Winter and Clover. The pokemon felt refreshed Clover hoping happily around Skarmory while Winter sitting next to Lily, as the shy and collected pokemon she was. " You're heading to Mahogany Town right?"

"Yes I am."
    Lily said putting her last potion into her bag.

"Then as a last thank you gift you can use Skarmory to fly at the end of this route. " the ranger said smiling patting Skarmory on the head.

"Really?!?! Thanks so much it will make traveling even faster. "

After than Lily jumped on Skarmory with Clover and Winter by her side and after saying her goodbyes she flew up in the sky heading towards the end of the route with the ranger waving at her from the distance. It was noon and the sky was clear as crystal, the sun shining as bright as it could. Lily was enjoying the ride, felling the refreshing winds through her hair while admiring the beautiful landscape. After half an hour Skarmory started to head towards the ground. " Guess this is the end of the ride guys. " she said getting off of Skarmory and getting Winter and Clover down. " Goodbye Sky and thanks for the ride." She said patting her on the head just before the bird flew away, back to his trainer. " Well guys let's see what's installed next for us! " Lily said turning around and entering the old part of Mahogany.

( OCC: Hope it's ok i used Skarmory to get to the end of the route. Lily went all over the route so i think she deserved the ride :P )

Years
    "Welcome to the Home of the Ninja!" The sign stubbornly stands, stating its strange saying. "Home of the Ninja, eh? What kind of Ninja advertise their hidden village? Ah well! It's a quaint little village, with a charmingly rustic feel. Kind of like Blackthorne! I'm really liking Johto so far." Moe walks through the village, looking for the tell-tale red roof of the Pokemon Center. He notices an elderly lady attempting to cross the street, and goes around her, suddenly suspiscious. This reveals the location of the Center, which he happily heads into. "Good afternoon, Miss Nurse! I must make use of your medical machinery. My partners are a bit jostled from the journey!" The Nurse smiles, taking Moe's Pokemon to be healed. He waits patiently, looking around at the old building.

"Sir, your friends have been fully healed and are fighting fit!" She bows politely, grinning. "Thank you for coming, feel free to stop by any time!" Moe accepts the Pokeballs, thanking the lady before leaving. "Right! Time to explore a little. I think it's best if I keep you all inside for now. No need to worry in town, right?" Moe explores the little village, stopping at any interesting places, but not staying for long. Something about the village has him on edge, and he keeps his distance from most of the villagers. "This is ridiculous! I always feel like.. somebody's watching me! It's that ninja thing, probably. I have nothing to fear from them, though. They seem nice enough. Ooh! A grocery store!" Forcing himself to relax, he heads inside the old building to look around.

He purchases a few Potions, preferring to stay prepared for the perils that may lie ahead. "I was right. They are nice people. I don't know what I was worried about." He stops by the cafe, ordering lunch for himself and his team. Asking around the cafe for items of interest earns him mainly stern looks and comments about his rudeness, but some people point him up the path to New Mahogany, saying it might suit him more. He stands on the side of the road, looking at the gaudy sign. "Well, it certainly seems to be hyped up a bit. I guess we should take a look. It's been fun, Old Mahogany." "Old?" An older man stares sternly at Moe, a questioning look in his eye. "Uh, not 'Old' because most of the population is elderly, but to contrast with 'New' Mahogany." The man still stares disapprovingly, but walks off. "... Right! That was awkward. To adventure! Allons-y!"

*Fifteen minutes later...*

"This path is decidedly lacking in adventure! I must be visiting at a bad time! I wonder what lies up the mountain path?" Moe takes a right, climbing up the difficult rocky terrain. Once or twice he almost loses his footing, but he manages to make it to a plateau relatively unscathed. "Whew! That was fun! I wonder what my reward is." He looks at the flat patch of rock he stands on, but the only noticeable feature is a small tree, some yellow berries growing on it's limbs. "A bush? With Berries? Fancy that!" He inspects the Berries, picking one to examine. "Hmm. Not really familiar with this type. I'll have to reread my Basic Berry Book later." He places it in his bag, preparing to climb higher, when he notices something else in the tree. A small pinkish shape hanging from a branch. "Hello, what's this?" He runs his hand along the shape, noticing it's odd texture, like rough skin. The shape unfurls, revealing a small pink bat-like creature. "Gar?" "Whoops! Sorry, my mistake." "Gar!" The creature drops out of the tree, landing on it's feet and raising it's tail, revealing a dangerous looking stinger.

"Oh, I get it. You wanna fight now, eh?" The Gligar raises it's clawed hands, making a "Come here" gesture. "If you insist! Tank, show him how it's done!" Moe tosses the Dive Ball, his Tirtouga appearing in a flash of teal energy. Gligar scoffs, unimpressed. It leaps forward, striking with it's stinger tail. "Tank, counter with Water Pulse!" Gligar's tail glances off Tank's thick shell, as water rises in Tank's mouth. An orb of force appears in the water, rocketing out and striking the startled bat-scorpion as it flies up for another attack. The Pulse knocks it off balance, but it dives down for another Sting. "Tank, Water Gun!" Tank retracts his head, causing Gligar to miss, then expels a jet of cold water into Gligar's face. Gligar is knocked back, sputtering and livid. It grabs a clawful of sand, tossing it into Tank's face. Tank winces, then spits out another Water Gun. The blast knocks Gligar down, causing him to reconsider the fight. He flaps away, coughing up water as he finds a new resting spot. "Haha! Score one for Tank! Now, how am I gonna get down from here?" He looks at the steep incline, weighing his options.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    @Romdinner - Using the Skarmoty was perfectly fine, in fact I quite liked the addition. That was a wonderful post, I really liked it. You approached the event very creatively and managed to make all characters come to life. Really well-done.

Sewaddle (Clover) grew to lv. 20 and may now evolve into a Swadloon*
    Snorunt (Winter) grew to lv. 16!

*As for evolutions, once you've reached the right level for your Pokemon to evolve you may play that out in a post, whichever way you like.

@Godzil - That was a good post, I really love how silly Moe is! He's always a delight to red for.

Tirtouga (Tank) grew to lv. 7!

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
    Years
    Chapter 2: A Wild Dash in the Ice Path

"Uhhh, I'm still feeling dizzy."

Richard was back in his journey as a pokemon trainer after being sick for one week. He returned from the Dragon's Den safely and headed straight to the Ice Path, but he wasn't ready then. He wasn't wearing warm clothes and he didn't buy supplies for his journey. Also, he was physically weak, and because of the cold, he could have ruined his health. And that was what happened.

Richard fainted after walking for about 10 minutes. He fell down on the tunnel, his skin pale from the cold. He was in critical condition, his pokemon worried about him. Thankfully, Twinleaf found a passing stranger in the tunnels and somehow managed to get the traveler to Richard's location. In the end, they returned to the Blackthorn City, and he was soon treated in the pokemon center.

Fortunately, he didn't lose too much temperature, so the nurse was able to warm him up with a hot bath and tea. One week has passed and he was eager to return to his delayed journey. The nurse said that it would be better to stay few more days, but Richard's reply came with an angered voice: "DO YOU KNOW THAT I'M LOSING TIME?! SEVEN DAYS, AND I COULD HAVE DONE MANY THINGS BY THAT TIME!"

The nurse just let him go, giving him some spare clothes and a bottle of warm water just in case he was cold. Richard gratefully took it and quickly apologized for his sudden outbreak. Then he left the pokecenter and hurried towards the pokemart, where he bought some potions, berries, lunchboxes, pokechews, matches, a sleeping bag, scarves for his pokemon, a brown one for Twinleaf and a pink one for Dragontooth, and bottles of Coke, Water, and Lemonade, thanks to the credit card his uncle gave to him before he left.

Richard examined his pokemon. Twinleaf's eyes were shining with excitement and happiness, but Dragontooth looked less enthusiastic: only with a smile and a look at somewhere else. Richard bit his lips, as he felt sorry for not being healthy, delaying their journey. He coughed as he remembered that during his stay in the pokecenter, he managed to train his pokemon only for a few day. He remembered as he put both of them into a practice battle against each other.

*Flashback

"All right, guys." – Richard said from the bench, coughing and sneezing for a few seconds after.

His pokemon made a worried glance at him, afraid that he won't be able to handle much more in this condition. But he had to at least train his pokemon if he wanted to continue the journey. He couldn't just stay and waste his time on the bed. He had to do SOMETHING. And Richard decided he could at least train his pokemon for the future.

The sun was shining warmly, a light wind stirring the trees. Richard covered his body even more with the brown blanket. He sneezed once more, rubbing his nose. His pokemon were already standing on the opposite corners of the dusty battlefield, Twinleaf on the left, Dragontooth on the right. They all were glancing at Richard with worry, who was coughing and sneezing again.

"I'm okay. Let's just practice, all right?" – Richard was able to say between his coughs, breathing heavily afterwards. Twinleaf just glanced at his Richard, but after being convinced that his trainer was determined, he just nodded and made a battle stance towards Richard's Bagon, Dragontooth.

"Dragontooth, go offensively with your attacks! Twinleaf, dodge his attacks and use Withdraw erraw when necessary! – Richard ordered. He wanted to improve Dragontooth's attacks and Twinleaf's defense strategy at the same time and this was something Richard thought of. He watched as his Bagon dashed towards her opponent with red eyes and glowing teeth, while Twinleaf was slowly backing away, his Turtwig eyes examining Dragontooth's movement and looking for an opening.

Richard saw the Bagon launching herself at the Turtwig. She was closing in, just a small distance away, but at the last inches, Twinleaf jumped to the side, charging an Energy Ball for a counterattack. The disorientated Bagon just rolled forward, chomping at the air and scattering dust everywhere. He was about to stand up, but he couldn't even blink before a green ball of energy collided with his body, and with impact, he flew away and bumped with its head at the nearby old oak. Richard just facepalmed himself.

"Dragontooth! Don't just rush blindly at the enemy! Think with your iron head before crashing!" – Richard joked, trying to cheer up the dizzy and angry Bagon. Dragontooth just looked at Richard angrily and made a small nod, looking down. Richard could already see how his pokemon was ashamed of her mistake. He just approached the pokemon and patted it. Then he quietly said: "Keep trying. You're not a pokemon if you succeed or fail everytime. Rise comes after fall. That's what my Uncle taught me." Richard smiled a bit, trying to encourage his pokemon at least a bit. The Bagon just looked up, tears slowly forming on her eyes. She started to cry and jumped to Richard's grasp, weeping with loud cries. "There. It's okay." – Richard said with a cough. "Don't cry. I'll tell you a story about my childhood and we'll continue training, okay? You see, there was a time…"

Richard glanced at the city of Blackthorn one last time. He was about to leave to Mahogany, the next destination of his pokemon journey, and he wasn't sure he would be able to see this magnificent city again. "Here comes the weakling." – Richard quietly said and walked away from the city to the Ice Path, this time more ready than last time.

(OOC: I HATE IT WHEN I WRITE A REALLY LONG POST FOR CHAPTER 2 AND 3 UNTIL THERE IS AN ELECTRIC BREAKDOWN AND ALL MY PROGRESS IS GONE!!! POOF! Anyways, I'm not in a mood to re-write the whole chapters AGAIN, so I'm going to post only a small portion. But at least I can post more frequently now. School is gone till after New Year.)

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    @TJ - I feel your pain, I really do. The only advice I can give you is save the posts like you've never saved before. It was good though, and I'm glad you'll be able to post more often, I wouldn't want you to get behind.

Turtwg (Twinleaf) grew to lv. 10 and learned Absorb!
    Bagon (Dragontooth grew to lv. 10 and learned Leer!!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    chapter 3 - Route 44
    Ashton Elden

part IV

Ashton, with Astrid the Aipom on his shoulder, and Rebecca had finally started walking from the campsite again. The sun was going lower on the sky and they wanted to reach the next town before it set completely. Rebecca looked happy, Ashton thought as he glanced towards her now and then. They didn't speak much, both being a bit tired. He found himself wondering things about her. Where was she from, really? What more pokémon than Teddiursa and Rattata did she have? And why didn't she catch any additional while he was catching pokémon on every route? Thinking about this, he didn't notice that he was suddenly staring at the brown haired girl in the blue dress, until she stared back with a questioning look. Then, Ashton blushed and turned to look at some trees on the side of the road. A devious smile grew on Rebecca's face.

"Were you looking at me?" she asked with a silky voice.

"What? No! Why would I want to look at you?" Ashton blurted out. Rebecca's smile immediately faltered.

"What, you think I'm ugly?"

"Ugly? No! You're beautif- I mean, I mean-"

He was saved by a loud crashing noise that made them both jump. Looking ahead, they saw what could be described as a monster step out onto the road. It turned to them, sniffed in the air and then let out a roar that made Rebecca scream and hide behind Ashton. Ashton wasn't really brave himself. But the monster let them be, and walked into the forest on the other side of the road, it's sharp tail wagging behind it. Ashton blinked for a second before he realized that it must have been a pokémon. He waved away Rebecca's hands that were clutching his sholders, and took up the PokéPad from the pocket of his jacket. It managed to capture the image of the monster's tail before it disappeared between the pine tree branches, and that was enough to tell them...

"It's called Armaldo," Ashton said.

"I know that pokémon!" Rebecca said, eyes widening.

"You do?" Ashton said skeptically. "You didn't seem to recognize it just now."

"I haven't met one before, just its prevolution. Anorith. It's one of the fossil pokémon that were put here to have a place to grow and live in without other pokémon or humans disturbing them too much, since not many other pokémon were living here before them."

"How come you know so much about Johto's areas anyway?" Ashton asked when the girl stepped forward towards the spot where Armaldo had disappeared. No crashing noises could be heard any longer.

"My mother used to travel the region in order to give reports to a company that make very detailed maps," Rebecca replied and made Ashton surprised. Well, now he knew something about her. Next thing would probably be to ask where she grew up. Before he had any chance to do that, though, the girl screamed out loud. Armaldo had come out from the trees like a giant rock skinned ninja and picked her up with his pincers, lifting her into the air. Rebecca screamed with all her might, the pincers probably hurting her.

Ashton couldn't possibly be lazy in this situation. He didn't have a single thought on letting somebody else fix this... not even his pokémon. He darted forward without thinking, grabbing one of Armaldo's arms and pulling it with all his worth.

"Let her go, you stupid monster!" he yelled. Armaldo seemed distracted by the boy and dropped Rebecca onto the ground. She quickly crawled away from the pokémon, who swung its pincer towards Ashton instead. But Astrid, who had been sitting on his shoulder all this time, jumped in between. She came close to Armaldo's big eyes and gave out a nasty shout. Armaldo winced and the pincer missed Ashton. He rolled away, not really on purpose, and got up on his feet. He quickly localized Rebecca, getting up as well a few meters away. Astrid had jumped off Armaldo and darted back to him.

"Nice Astonish attack," he told her, smiling. Astrid jumped back up on his shoulder, looking worried. She didn't seem to want to take the larger bug/rock type on. But it stared at them, clapping its pincers. This was not a happy pokémon.

"Go away!" Ashton tried. The pokémon took some hasty steps towards him, as if it wanted to scare him. It worked pretty well, but Astrid caught his attention and pointed at the other pokéballs on Ashton's belt.

"I have to battle it?" he asked her. She nodded. "Alright... if that's what it takes to calm it down.

On the other side of Armaldo, Rebecca seemed to have thought the same thing. She pulled out a pokéball and sent a pokémon out... it was a pink sheep with fluffy wool on parts of its body. Ashton made a mental note to check its species and type on the PokéPad later (now he knew more about what pokémon the girl had as well!) but for now, he wanted to take the monster on... by himself.

"Let me handle it, Rebecca," he said loudly. The Armaldo took some more steps towards him, and the boy backed into a pine tree. Caught!

Rebecca seemed annoyed. "You are not the only trainer here!"

"No, but I'm the best! Go, Elektra!" The Larvesta came out of its pokéball, landed in the grass between the boy and the monster, and shook its fluffy hair so that embers came out of it, burning some straws of tall grass.

Armaldo didn't seem scared. Its eyes were widely open when it came even closer and swung its pincers towards Elektra. The fire bug jumped away, only taking a minor scratch from them instead of the whole hit. She turned to Ashton, wondering what the heck the boy had sent her into?

"Elektra!" he said. "Please help us! It's a bug, so it should be weak to fire..."

Hearing that, Elektra nodded and blew out a shower of embers onto the Armaldo, who raised its arms to shield itself but still got struck. When it took down its arms again, it didn't seem too hurt though. More like pumped up.

"Stupid, it's also rock type!" Rebecca called from the other side of the small clearing they were in.

"Meaning... fire isn't working very well," Ashton filled in. Elektra was fuming at her trainer's incompetence. Armaldo prepared another attack, crossing its pincers and letting them glow in a strange purple energy. "But we can at least do something about those pincers. Elektra, String Shot on the pincers, quick!"

Elektra wasn't too happy about following this fool's orders; she thought she was smarter herself. But she would give it another try, and fired the String Shot in the nick of time. Armaldo let out a roar as his claws stopped glowing, now glued together in a crossed fashion over his chest, by the Larvesta's sticky strings. Elektra smiled, proud over its work. Maybe Ashton wasn't always a fool after all. Astrid cheered on Ashton's shoulder.

But just then, Armaldo took a deep breath and attacked in a new way. A Water Gun was sprayed onto Elektra and made her tumble around on the grass. After that, she wasn't as eager to battle anymore. Wet and cold, she stumbled off towards Ashton as if begging to get back into the warm pokéball. Armaldo also cracked apart the String Shot that held his pincers together and roared towards the sky. Rebecca gasped; things were suddenly looking grim again.

"Herdier, Leer!" a voice suddenly came from the road. The trainers turned to look there, Armaldo as well, and saw a man dressed in green and brown clothes, a hat on his head and a rope in his hands as well as a dog pokémon on the ground before him. That must be the Herdier, then. Herdier shot a serious look at Armaldo, who winced.

"Odor Sleuth!" the man said and Herdier sniffed in the air, eyes closed. Armaldo seemed to take this as a chance, and darted forwards at an amazing speed. But Herdier and the man were prepared for that. "Take Down!" he said, and Herdier jumped up and landed straight on Armaldo's chest, forcing it to fall backwards flat on the ground. Herdier growled at it, keeping it down as Rebecca and her sheep pokémon ran up to the man by the road.

"Thank you!" she said. "It was so powerful that Ashton's pokémon couldn't take it on."

"HEY!" Ashton raged, starting to walk towards them as well. "Don't make it sound like your pokémon, whatever it is, could have done it!"

"Maybe it could have!"

"As if!"

Just then, Herdier came flying through the air between Ashton, Elektra, Astrid and the others. Turning his head, the boy saw Armaldo get up and raise its pincers, ready again for battle...

"Laarv!" Elektra growled and shot an Ember attack in the face of Armaldo before the Cross Poison attack could land a hit. The monster stumbled backwards, face burned, and Astrid saved her own life by running away to Rebecca and jumping up on her shoulder instead. She then called out for Ashton to hurry over there too. But Ashton had other plans.

"Oh no, his face is all serious..." Rebecca mumbled to herself, but the man beside her heard her.

"What does that mean?"

"That he's stupid."

"Elektra, String Shot again!" Ashton called out when the bug and rock pokémon stormed at them, slashing its pincers in front of it in some kind of wild Scratch attack. Elektra shot her sticky strings, but Armaldo didn't fall for the same trick twice. It clipped the strings apart with its claws and went on to Scratching the Larvesta. She didn't wait for an order from Ashton, but fired Ember on its attacker. That made the monster hesitate, since it really didn't like the burns the other bug gave it.

"Astrid, now!"

The Aipom came from nowhere - which was from the air above Armaldo - and Bounced down on the head of the rock type monster. Dizzy, Armaldo seemed to go into an even higher gear, making its pincers glow in purple again and suddenly splashing the area with mud from nowhere. Ashton covered his face and got his arms splashed in mud. "Eww..." It had apparently come from the ground below Armaldo. "A pokémon attack?" Ashton said and consulted the PokéPad quickly. Indeed, it told him that it was Mud Sport. Wait a minute...

Rebecca was worried by now. "Can't we step in and help him?" she asked the man. "Why is Armaldo so violent anyways?"

"It's been hurt and is in a rage from some poison, that's what I believe," the man said. "I've seen it before. Pokémon are generally kind to each other here, though. Armaldo must have battled a poisonous pokémon for some reason."

"What can we do? Can we cure it?"

"Yes, but I haven't been able to capture it, or even calm it down. I can't get close enough to distribute the antidote..."

Rebecca watched Ashton. He was smiling. Crazy boy... "He is crazy enough to get close enough," she thought out aloud, and then realized what she had just said. The man and the girl looked at each other. Then the man reached for something in his small bag. A glass bottle with the words "Common Antidote" on it.

"Ashton!" the man said. "Take this and stick into Armaldo's belly, where its skin isn't as thick and rock hard!"

Ashton didn't even look at them when he answered: "No thanks, you do it yourself when I've gotten this beast down!"

The man looked confounded. "But..."

"He's just like that," Rebecca growled, arms crossed. The pink sheep pokémon beside her crossed its arms as well.

"Astrid, get its attention!" Ashton called out to his Aipom, who nodded and jumped back onto Armaldo's head. The raging bug monster started swinging its claws again to catch the annoying monkey, but she did her best to evade them and only got a few scratches.

"Now, jump and run towards us!" Ashton then called out, having positioned himself and Elektra closer to the road. Astrid obeyed and jumped down on the ground. But she nearly fell over immediately, because of all the slippery mud that Armaldo had sprayed. Armaldo roared and ran after her. Astrid squeaked and ran faster, reaching Ashton and his shoulder again. A roaring Armaldo was now stomping straight towards them. Rebecca gasped again and the man backed a few steps.

"Elektra, Ember at its feet!" Ashton shouted, and the quick bug pokémon did as he said, seeing what strategy he had. Armaldo's feet got struck by the burning embers and made the pokémon jump up ungracefully, losing its grip on the slippery ground... and it fell on its back and slid up to Ashton and the others in the mud. It was now laying on its back, temporarily confused by the hasty turn of events... or by the hasty turn of itself.

"Stick that thing into its belly now?" Ashton said to the man beside Rebecca, taking up the still wet and now a bit muddy Larvesta in his arms. He nodded and hurried up to them before Armaldo came back to his senses. The antidote was given, making Armaldo squeak a little and wave its pincers again. The man hurriedly backed off - the antidote was quickly given already - and Armaldo got back up on its feet. It didn't look as angry anymore. It blinked expressionlessly at the humans.

"What's with it?" Rebecca asked. "Did the antidote work already?"

"Yes, it was clearly a potent poison, but this antidote is even more potent," the man said, smiling at the not so angry monster standing in the mud in front of them now. "How are you feeling, buddy?"

Armaldo nodded, almost looking embarrassed for its behavior just now. Ashton recognized that look anywhere, all too well. "Don't worry," he told the rocky bug, who turned to him when it was spoken to. "You were in pain, right? And Elektra and Astrid are just fine, don't worry about them!" Astrid waved from Rebecca's shoulder to show Armaldo that Ashton told the truth. Elektra didn't look quite as happy in Ashton's arms, rolling her eyes, but have Armaldo a nod anyways. That seemed to cheer the pokémon up. Without further ado, it simply turned around and walked in among the pine trees of the forest behind them.

"That's it?" Rebecca breathed.

"You got all muddy," Ashton said. Rebecca blinked and looked down on her clothes, but... ah, he meant his Larvesta. "Let's go get you cleaned up somewhere."

"You can come with me to the Ranger Station," the man said, picking up the empty Antidote bottle and put it into his bag until he could throw it away in a better place than outdoors in the nature. "I believe I didn't introduce myself," he continued with a smile. "My name is Patrick. I'm a ranger, looking after the pokémon in this area, making sure they don't disturb humans and the other way around."

"I guessed as much," Rebecca said, smiling as well. "Thanks for your help, Mr Patrick. My name is Rebecca and I'm from Ecruteak City."

Ashton put that down on a mental note. Now he didn't need to ask about where she was from either. "I'm Ashton Elden," he told the ranger. "But we want to get to the next city before it gets too dark, so..."

"It's already getting dark," Patrick commented, and he was right. The air around them was getting grayer and the sun wasn't visible over the treetops anymore. "You should stay the night at the Station and go to Old Mahogany tomorrow."

"Sounds like a plan, sir!" Rebecca said and happily followed him back onto the road. Ashton groaned but gave in rather easily after giving it a thought. After all, he wasn't the one to wander more than he really had to in one single day. Now, Elektra finally got back into her cozy, warm, dry pokéball. She would never had thought that she would actually like it inside a human's pokéball, but opinions could change, right?

((OOC: Yes, I am so intending to make this a love story eventually~! ))

Years
    Moe stands on the path, catching his breath. Tank sits next to him, an annoyed look on his face. "Oh, don't give me that! It was really steep! Remind me not to climb cliffs anymore until I get better equipment." A loose rock falls down the path, the noise making Moe jump. Tank rolls his eyes, holding out his flippers. Moe picks him up, heading up the path to New Mahogany again. "Boring path it is. Better safe than fallen off a cliff."

As the two walk, something suddenly jumps out at them. "Ah! Tank, Water Gun!" Moe holds Tank like a shield, while Tank dutifully regurgitates a stream of water. "Hey! Cut it out!" Tank stops as Moe sees what just happened. A young boy, probably around ten, sits on the path, soaking wet. "Oh! Sorry! You startled me." "Yeah? Well now I'm all wet. We all have problems." "True, true. If I might ask, what were you doing in the bushes?" "Catching Pokemon, duh. Why are you carrying yours?" "Well, he likes to be held. And walking's a bit difficult for him, flippers and all, you understand." "I just remembered, I don't care." "What?" "You interrupted my training session, so I think you owe me a favor." "What?!" "Let me show you the Pokemon I just caught. AND THEN WE BATTLE THEM!" "What!?!"

Moe somehow finds himself on the side of the road, the boy striking a pose at the other side. Tank sits in front of Moe, ready for action. "I'm honestly not sure how this happened..." "Enough talk! My name's Tim, and things are looking grim, pal! Go Drilbur!" Tim throws a Pokeball, revealing a slightly worn-out looking Drilbur. "He looks a bit sore, are you sure he's okay?" "He's fine! I said I just caught him, didn't I? This is his first real fight on my team! Drilbur, start off with Scratch!" Drilbur jumps forward, his sharp claws raking Tank across the face. Tank blinks, the attack hardly hurting him. "Use Water Gun, I suppose." Tank spits out a quick burst of water, hitting Drilbur in the chest and knocking him back. "No no no! Battle me correctly! Loss of control! Screaming and hollering! PASSION! Drilbur, use Mud Slap!" "Now hold on, this is only my second Trainer battle, I'm still new at this!" Drilbur grabs a clawful of mud, dirt from the path mixed with some of Tank's water, and throws it in Tank's face. "Tank! Use another Water Gun! How was that, better?" Tank spits out a jet of water, missing Drilbur and hitting a tree near Tim. "Ha! Nice miss!" "Oh, I see! That mud in your eyes must have made it hard for you to see." Tank spits a Water Gun, hitting Moe in the face. "Hey!" "Drilbur, use Rapid Spin!" "Tank, Bite him when he gets close!" Drilbur spins around, moving fast enough to blur his movements and resemble a small tornado. He spins forward, his claws outstretched, getting several scratches to Tank's face. Tank pulls his head back, then snaps his neck forward, biting Drilbur. Drilbur's motion abruptly stops, his eyes wide as Tank bites down on his nose. Drilbur's eyes roll back as he faints from the pain.

"Hey! No fair! My Pokemon was still hurt!" "You challenged me! That was self-defense!" "You could have healed him first!" "You said he was fine!" "Drilbur, come back!" Tim returns Drilbur, shaking with anger. "Well, that was fun, but I think-" "Barboach, avenge Drilbur!" The boy tosses out a Net Ball, revealing a Barboach, who happily flops around in the mud. "We're still going? Alright, Tank, you're still up!"

"Barboach, start out with Mud Slap!" "More mud? Tank, use Water-" "Stop using Water Gun!" "...Pulse, actually. Water Pulse." Barboach flings mud at Tank's face, but an air bubble surrounded by water cuts through the mud, knocking Barboach into Tim's arms. The mud hits Tank in the face anyway. "Use another Mud Slap!" Tim tosses Barboach back into the fight, the fish's landing tossing more mud at Tank. "Tank, take a Bite out of that mud-slinger!" Tank hops forward, but Barboach dodges quickly. "Mud Sport!" Barboach happily flops around, tossing mud all over Tank and itself, but not really doing any damage. "Bite again!" "Water Sport!" Tank snaps at Barboach, who stands on its tail and does a little jig while spitting water all around. "Haha! We're tormenting you!" "Third time's the charm! Allons-y!" Tank Bites down on Barboach's mid-section, elliciting a squeak of protest. "What? No, use Mud Slap!" "Too late for that, Tim. Tank's teeth took a toll, and Barboach is all tuckered out."

Tim angrily returns his fish Pokemon, unable to even speak through his temper tantrum. "Come on back, Tank. You need a rest and a bath." "THIS ISN'T OVER! I STILL HAVE-" Tim tosses a third ball, this one revealing a small black and white bird. "STARLY!" "You've been resting for long enough! Welcome back to the world, Cyndaquil!" Moe tosses Cyndaquil's ball, and the small rodent appears in a flash, yawning and stretching. His flames flare up for a second before calming down. "Make it quick with a Quick Attack!" Starly seems to vanish, a few speed lines all that are visible. She suddenly reappears, smacking Cyndaquil with her wings. As quick as she appeared, she flash steps back to Tim. "Cyndy, throw up a Smokescreen! That'll throw her off!" Cyndaquil's flames flare up, filling the path with dark smoke. "As if! Starly's keen eyes can see through anything you throw at her! Tackle!" "Just the same!" Both Pokemon leap forward, colliding with each other in mid-air. Cyndaquil falls straight down, landing on his feet. Starly is knocked back, landing in a heap. She hops back up, angrily chirping and carrying on. "Easy now, angry bird! Seems you've met your match!" "Starly, Wing Attack!" "Cyndaquil, Leer!" Starly slaps Cyndaquil across the face, earning a sharp glare in response. The tension is almost palpable, and Starly feels the urge to step back and apologize. "Hit him again! His eyes are still shut!" "Use the Stare, Cyndy!" Starly smacks Cyndaquil, who stares even harder. Starly crouches down, intimidated. "What's wrong, Starly? Just Tackle him!" "Cyndaquil, WILD CHARGE!" Starly rushes forward, but Cyndaquil meets her halfway, electricity coursing through his body. He grabs Starly, executing a mid-air spin that carries them both to the ground, Cyndaquil landing shoulder-first on Starly's back. She lets out a loud squawk as her back pops, her eyes all swirly. Cyndaquil stands, breathing hard.

"And she's down! Ha! We won! That was really fun! Got the ol' adrenaline pumping, eh Cyndy?" "Quil!" Tim returns Starly, his eyes distant. "I... I lost. I'm out of usable Pokemon..." His eyes roll back as he blacks out, falling over on the path. "Tim? Tim?! Oh no, oh no! What happened? He blacked out? Seriously?!" Moe picks him up, slinging him over his shoulder. "Hop up, Cyndy! We've gotta get him to a Pokemon Center, STAT!" "Quil!" Cyndaquil hops onto Moe's other shoulder, and they head down the path back to Old Mahogany.

((Seriously, why do Trainers black out when their whole party faints?))

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    @RHCP - Where's that block now? That was a terrific post, really I loved it. As for the love story, I already think those two are adorable, so I'm not stopping you xD

Larvestra (Elektra) grew to lv. 10 and learned Leech Life!
    Aipom (Astrid) grew to lv. 15 and learned Tickle!

@Wonderfulpat - The Wopper makes me happy, and the pun was fully intended. Seriously, a great post, and definitely some creative use of Helping Hand!

Eevee (Evos) grew to lv. 13!
    Wooper (Happy) grew to lv. 9 and learned Mud Shot!

@Godzil - Pffft, that tim was quite an odd one xD I kinda like how you use the common game-elements and make fun of them too.

Tirtouga (Tank) grew to lv. 10!
    Cindaquil grew to lv. 11 and learned Ember!

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
    Chapter 4 - Part I
    "Guardian Angel"
    - Mahogany Town and Route 43 -

Lily and her fellow pokemon were sitting at the local café in the old part of Mahogany waiting for their order. " Achoo!!! " Clover sneezed startling both Lily and Winter. " Are you ok Clover?" The little pokemon nodded thinking it was just something that tickled his nose. Just then the waiter came with their order.
    "Here are your orders miss: Two plates of pokemon food and some water for pokemon and one sandwhich with a cup of tea for the pretty lady. " the waiter said handing the plates, then after being thanked left at another table as some fresh customers came in the café.

" Mmmm it's delicious." Lily said taking a bite from her sandwich. " Sno…Snorunt!!!" the hat pokemon agreed enjoying her meal. " What about you Clover?" the little pokemon lifted its head. " Achoo! " he sneezed again before it could nod. " Clover I think we should let a doctor see you, after this we'll go straight to the Pokemon Center." Clover couldn't do anything but agree and continue to eat. After finishing their meals Clover had already sneezed about fifteen time and was feeling weaker and weaker. Lily got up and put her hand on his forehead. " Oh Arceus!!! You're burning up!" And without wasting another minute Lily put Winter in her pokeball, grabbed Clover and started running. "Miss are you gonna…." But before the waiter could finish Lily had already thrown money at him * more than the actual order* but that was of no interest to her at the moment. She exited the café, opening the door with her shoulder and ran as fast as she could towards the local Pokemon Center. She past house by house ignoring everything in her way. She had to reach the center as soon as possible. After a bit she finally reached the center but just to make things worse today was the day when the center was being moved a few block away and work would only resume the following day.

"TODAY!!!!! IT JUST HAD TO BE TODAY!!!!" Lily said kneeling on the ground with her pokemon half awake and burning up but still keeping his jolly smile, while near her from behind a mailbox a pokemon was looking at her. Lily couldn't help but shed a tear. " It'll be ok Clover I'll find a way to help you." she said looking at her pokemon and faking a smile so that the pokemon would feel at least a tiny bit better. Just then she felt a hand on her shoulder. When she turned she saw and old lady looking at her with caring eyes. " Come with me my dear." The old lady said lifting her up and starting to walk towards a nearby house. Lily without asking a question, being still desperate for a solution, followed the old lady unconsciously. " I'm June by the way. Please come in. " Lily entered the house and sat on the couch near the coffee table. The old lady exited the room and came back with a basket in which lied a little yellow pokemon. While passing by the window she saw a glimpse of something and smiled. In the basket was a Pichu which was in the same state as Clover. "As you see my dear you and I are in the same situation. Our pokemon have fallen under the influence off a bad flue that has been going around the town. And to make matters worse the Pokemon center is closed for today. But there is a hope for our pokemon. " Those words wore like a alarm clock to Lily. She had snapped out of her trans and was all ears. " There is a berry that lies not far from here, on Route 43 on the mountain side. It along with some ingredients that I have make a perfect remedy for this flu but the thing is that the rough terrain is too much for an old bag of bones like me, but I'm sure that you are more than willing to do the job, seeing that your pokemon has caught the flu as well and as you are a passing trainer. " " You don't have to say more…..i'll find those berries for sure." " That's wonderful my dear." The old lady said beaming with a smile as the two pokemon had some hope now. " But before you leave there are two things you need to know. The berry we are looking for is very rare and hard to find….it's and Aspear berry and it look like this.." the lady said showing a picture from a book with medicinal herbs and berries. " ..and the second thing is that the area filled with very territorial pokemon so you have to watch out."

" I understand but it doesn't matter as long as the pokemon will be alright." " Indeed my dear. Hand that poor little fellow to me and I'll watch over him until you come back. And please hurry as the sooner they get the medicine the better." Lily got up on her feet and handed Clover into June's hands. " Don't worry Clover everything will be ok, just hand on for a little bit!!!" " Sewaddle." the pokemon said in a soft and powerless voice opening its eyes. After that Lily ran out and headed towards the route as fast as she could as she didn't want to waste even one second, so after running on the main road and jumping over a flock of Pidgeys she reached the start of the route. She took the right side with the jotted trees passing them one by one, or jumping over them from time to time and after a couple of minutes she was already at the mountain side. There her running spree ended as the path that lead on the mountain was very narrow and she couldn't afford to lose her balance and fall even if she was only at the lower part so far, falling down meant more time to get back up. The step rocky slope was getting on Lily's nerves as she had to walk slowly and with care which in her case was more than stressing and annoying, but it was very reasonable as she couldn't think of anything but Clover and Pichu's health.

After an hour of walking she reached the end of the line. The rode ended and she was facing the mountain, still with no berry in sight. Taking a deep breath and putting a hand on her hearth she then started climbing on the rough mountain wall. By the time another half an hour passed she was all covered with dust and some bruise on her knees and arms, but she had just a tiny bit of climbing and she would reach a little bit of straight land where she could rest, the place above her was no much larger than an olympic swimming pool, but more than enough space to take a rest. As Lily had one hand fixed on the ground she pulled her body up and managed to get up. She spread on the ground breathing hard with her eyes closed, the wind blowing hard as she was at a high altitude. When she opened her eyes she looked up, which in her case meant back at the mountain, her eyes got all big and a smile filled her face within seconds. She was staring at a little tree that was coming from within the mountain which you can already guess had the berries she was looking for. Lily got up and dashed to get the berries. As she reached for the berries and howl came from above her. She lifter her head but she immediately jumped a few feet back as a pile of ember had been sent towards her. Three black dog like pokemon jumped from above a cliff in front of Lily. Lily got her Pokepad and found out that the pokemon attacking her were Houndour:

"Houndour, the Dark Pokémon. Houndour travel in packs and communicate though barks in order to surround their prey."

As she was setting one foot back at a time as the vicious pokemon were getting closer she put her PokePad back in her bag and then reached for Winter's pokeball. At that time the three pokemon launched an Ember attack. " Winter come out and help!!!!!" Lily shouted throwing the pokeball into the air. Out came the ice type pokemon launching a powerful Icy Wind to counter the fiery attack. Just as the attack was getting closer to Lily and Winter the sparkly ice blue wind managed to stop the sparks o fire. " We have to end this quickly. " Lily taught putting into consideration both the number of pokemon and the typing. " Winter use Rollout!!!" Lily said thinking that this was the best solution for now, knowing that the longer the attack lasted the more powerful it gets. Winter jumped curling into a ball then landing on the ground and starting to spin at a high speed towards and knocking the dog pokemon like bowling pins. As the one dog got up Winter immediately hit it so that it would not have time to recover. But one of them, the leader of the pack, sat still and without Lily realizing, in a matter of seconds filled the whole area in a thick Smog leaving Winter and Lily without their vision. " Winter stop the attack!!!" the girl shouted knowing that without a clear vision winter could harm herself. The Houndour used this chance to get up and due to their noses managed to move through the smog and started hitting Winter one after another. This was bad not only Winter and Lily could not see their enemies but the Smog was hurting winter as well.

" Winter use Double Team then Icy Wind!!!" Lily said after some quick thinking. Winter multiplied herself and now was spread through the fog, but Lily knew that the high sense of smell would help the dog pokemon find Winter quickly, but the Double team was for another thing. Used in combination with Icy Wind meant gust of wind blowing all over. The result was the dispersion of the smog. " Good job…now we can see again!!!! " But due to the fact that Winter had focused on the smog gave the enemies a chance to use Ember attack without anyone noticing. The fact that Snorunt had a type disadvantage and that it got hit by not one, nor two, but THREE Ember attacks knocked her out. " Winter come back." Lily said calling Winter back into her pokeball before the nasty dog pokemon could launch another attack. Now that the pokemon had no other thing in their way they ran straight for Lily, which was at the edge of the mountain, with their fangs out. Lily closed her eyes and was ready for what was to come. She, despite knowing that she would surely fall, was saddened by the fact that her pokemon was still suffering.
    It is said that in your last moments of life, before death comes to take you, you see your whole life before your eyes, yet Lily saw nothing. The girl heard a falling noise and when she opened her eyes she saw the three Houndours on the ground covered in dust, but also a mole like pokemon sitting in front of Lily with his claws up and a fierce look on his face. The three Houndour started using Smog so they could gain the advantage once again but this time the mole pokemon used Rapid Spin and the force of the attack made the Smog clear away.The dog pokemon dashed at the mole pokemon launching and Ember attack but the pokemon went with its claws towards the ground and threw mud balls at the attack knocking it back and then the balls hitting the dog pokemon knocking them back once again. The mole pokemon turned towards Lily with a serious look. Lily knew what she had to do. As the three Houndour got up and launched another fire attack Lily made her way towards the three leaving the mole pokemon to handle the battle. Lily quickly picked some berries which she put in her bag. The Houdours saw that and turned around and jumped towards Lily but the mole pokemon, with its fast movement used Rapid Spin and knocked them into the mountain. Just then one of them gave a big Howl. In a matter of seconds Lily and the pokemon were surrounded above by Houdours and their evolution.
    "Drilbur!!!" the mole pokemon shouted signaling Lily to follow him. The pokemon got to the edge of the mountain and use Mud Sport to create a slippery mud path to the bottom of the mountain then jumped sliding down on the slope. Lily didn't argue as the number of wild pokemon that surrounded her and Drilbur were too much for them to handle. Just as the wild pokemon dashed toward her she jumped down, sliding just behind Drilbur. If they wouldn't have been in that dangerous situation they could have said that the slide was fun. The wild pokemon didn't follow them so they were out of any harm. Lily slided along with Drilbur 'till the bottom of the mountain, but as she reached the bottom she didn't waste any time. She got up and started running. " Thank you for your help!!!!" She yelled as she was running towards the Drilbur which once reached the bottom sat down to take its breath. Lily couldn't have that luxury as two pokemon depended on her.

Lily had run as fast as she could and eventually reached the June's house bursting through the door getting out of her bag the berries and placing the on the table. "You did it my dear!!!!" the old lady burst with happiness. She took the berries and went into a room saying that she will have the medicine prepared in then minutes. Lily walked up to Clover and patted him on the head. " Hang in there. The medicine will be ready in no time." Lily called Winter out which was very tired and had some wounds from the battle. She put Winter on the cough and using a wet rag cleaned the little ice pokemon. The she got the last potion she had in her bag and used it on her.

Now Winter was all healed up and needed just a bit of rest so Lily called her back to her pokeball for some nice deserved rest. " You did wonderful." Were her words as the pokemon went back into her ball. In that moment the June got out of her room and was holding to bottles of some liquid. She gave on to Lily and told her to give it to Sewaddle. "Now the fever should go down and all that's left should be a few hours of sleep until they get better." The woman said putting her hand Clover and her Pichu's forehead. Lily was relieved seeing that her pokemon was out of harm. After that Lily and the old lady went into the kitchen where the old lady made some tea for them to drink while their pokemon rest. " Thank you so much……." The old lady paused realizing that she didn't knew the girl's name. " Lily mam. And I should be the one thanking you for preparing the medicine." " Well you did get the berries so let's just say that we made a good team." The old woman said smiling handing Lily a cup of tea.
    Hours past and dawn was just upon the silent town of Mahogany. Lily and the old woman had talked a lot, about Lily's journey and about the woman's past. They got up from the kitchen table and went to check up on the patients. Pichu had just awaken and was full of energy, his cheeky all red and sparking. Lily picked Clover up in her arms just as he opened his eyes and smiled at Lily. Lily hugged her pokemon, Clover leaning his her on her shoulder. Just then Clover started to glow brightly and got a bit bigger and more round. Lily took him from her shoulder and realized that clover had evolved. " Clover this is fantastic!!! Now you're much more stronger." She said putting the pokemon on the couch and getting her PokePad :

"Swadloon, the Leaf-Wrapped Pokémon and the evolved form of Sewaddle. Swadloon's body is covered in leaves which protect it from the cold. In forests where Swadloon live, the trees and grass grow very well."

" So now you're a Swadloon! But the picture on the PokePad show you being grumpy but you're your normal smiley self." Clover looked confused at her trainer due to the remark. He felt taller and stronger but despite that he was still Clover. " Yes it is true that Swadloon usually spend their life with a frowned face all the time but some, a very few in number, are not restricted from showing their emotions. Some say this is due to good caring and some just that some Swadloon refuse to stay frowned all the time." " I see…..well I'm glad that he's healthy and back to his old jolly self." " Swadlooooon!!!!" Clover cried happy jumping around on the cough. " Lily I think you should spend the night here, as the pokemon center is closed. And I won't take no for an answer." The old lady said looking outside and seeing that it got dark. " Ok. Thank you very much." Lily said bowing at the lady. Indeed the night had covered the town in darkness but the cosy home in which Lily would spend the night was brighter than ever due to both the happiness of the pokemon getting better and the newly evolved Clover. But Lily and June were not the only ones that had witnessed the evolution of Clover as a little fellow had been watching the whole scene from the window outside……..

Last edited:
    Back