• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Adventures Gold Chapter

Years

• lqyb8gv.png

Introduction

It's been a while. Back in 2015, Gold Chapter was first started out as a ROM Hack. Due to family problems and many hospital visits the hack was canceled. Six years later, I've started to work on this project again but as a fan game. Pokemon Adventures Gold Chapter is based on Essentials v19.1.

Story

LYJHmTz.png

Throughout your adventure you will play as the main protagonist, Gold from the Pokemon Adventures Manga. Trying to fix your antenna, you run into a boy named, Joey, sneaking around in your backyard. After helping Joey to retrieve a bag of Pokemon belonging to Professor Elm, you suddenly lose focus causing a thief to steal your bag. Thinking the culprits stole the wrong bag, you and Joey travel to Professor Elm's hoping to catch up to the thief. Upon arriving, you notice an unknown trainer (Silver) stealing a Totodile. Jumping into action, you borrow Professor Elm's Cyndaquil to stop the culprit in his tracks. After being attacked by Team Rocket, you wake up from a Police Officer trying to get information about the robbery. Giving him the wrong information, you set out on a journey with your new partner Cyndaquil, to find your bag and the missing Totodile.

Features

• Play through the Johto region following the story of Gold
    • Able to catch all Pokemon Gold caught within the manga - Catching some Pokemon can be optional
    • Skateboard instead of Bike
    • Speed Up Button with Custom Graphics
    • Pokemon, Moves, and Abilities up to Generation 8 (Gen 8 Project)
    • Pokemon Follow You (Following Pokemon EX)
    • Shadows Appear Under Overworld Sprites (Overworld Shadows EX)
    • Custom Pause Menu (VPM)
    • Name Windows - You can now understand which NPC is talking
    • BW Signposts
    • Don't like the name Silver for your rival, that's fine. You can change it.
    • Generation 4 Style Sprites and Tiles
    • Interactable Party in the Bag Screen -> You will be able to see your Pokemon in the bag menu. Giving items to Pokemon will now be easier.
      KzRshUOm.png
    • Pokeball Swapping -> Selecting a Pokeball in the bag menu will now give you the option to swap a Pokemon's Pokeball. Swapping a Pokemon with a Masterball will break the Masterball.
      A2fh8Y1m.png
    • BW Get Key Items Animation -> Picking up an item in the OW will now display an animation of what item you acquired.
      GxcEWQJm.png
    • Get Pokemon Animation -> Collecting a Pokemon through a certain event will show an animation of what Pokemon you acquired. (Similar to the Items Animation)
      SzgbL6Ym.png
    • Encounter List UI -> A UI that will tell the player which Pokemon can be caught in a certain location.
      NyUcwXSm.png

Screenshots

Screenshots are sorted by Chapter
    Spoiler:

Progress

Check here for the progress of each beta. A strikethrough means that a chapter is completed.
    Spoiler:

Downloads

None yet! Check back later!

Credit

Big thanks to all of these people for making awesome resources! If I forgot anyone, please contact me and I'll add you to the list!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Approved!
    Welcome to Games Showcase!

Mahian23

Behold my Supreme Power!
    Years
  • Can you change the Text colour in the spoilers? I can't see a damn thing cuz the background and text colour are really similar.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I'm surprised I haven't come across this! This really does take me back when there used to be a Fire Red Hack called Gold's chapter or adventure that was based on the Manga, that was roughly a decade ago. The screenshots look really promising. Eagerly awaiting a demo!

P.S: I think it would be dope if you used a custom OW for Gold than the HGSS sprite.

Years
    • Online now
    Can we catch any gen 1 and 2 despite this we suppose to playing as gold? And what about gym challngeing i think its should be featured

Years
  • I'm surprised I haven't come across this! This really does take me back when there used to be a Fire Red Hack called Gold's chapter or adventure that was based on the Manga, that was roughly a decade ago. The screenshots look really promising. Eagerly awaiting a demo!

P.S: I think it would be dope if you used a custom OW for Gold than the HGSS sprite.

Yeah I canceled the hack about six years ago. Works been a bit busy but I do plan to have a demo out by early next year. I did make a custom OW for Gold, it's just based off of the HGSS sprite. I might do a tweak to it later.

Can we catch any gen 1 and 2 despite this we suppose to playing as gold? And what about gym challngeing i think its should be featured

You will be able to catch any generation pokemon and add them to your team. Not sure how I want to do events that involve Gold's pokemon. You might need to have them in your party for events that involve that pokemon but that's basically it. I am planning to add gyms to the game, each gym will be playable after you finish a certain chapter.

Updates (Not much, just new features):
    - Interactable Party in the Bag Screen -> You will be able to see your Pokemon in the bag menu. Giving items to Pokemon will now be easier.
    KzRshUOm.png

- Pokeball Swapping -> Selecting a Pokeball in the bag menu will now give you the option to swap a Pokemon's Pokeball. Swapping a Pokemon with a Masterball will break the Masterball.
    A2fh8Y1m.png

- BW Get Key Items Animation -> Picking up an item in the OW will now display an animation of what item you acquired.
    GxcEWQJm.png

- Get Pokemon Animation -> Collecting a Pokemon through a certain event will show an animation of what Pokemon you acquired. (Similar to the Items Animation)
    SzgbL6Ym.png

- Encounter List UI -> A UI that will tell the player which Pokemon can be caught in a certain location.
    NyUcwXSm.png

- Started adding Gen 4 music

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2022
    Yeah I canceled the hack about six years ago. Works been a bit busy but I do plan to have a demo out by early next year. I did make a custom OW for Gold, it's just based off of the HGSS sprite. I might do a tweak to it later.

You will be able to catch any generation pokemon and add them to your team. Not sure how I want to do events that involve Gold's pokemon. You might need to have them in your party for events that involve that pokemon but that's basically it. I am planning to add gyms to the game, each gym will be playable after you finish a certain chapter.

Updates (Not much, just new features):
    - Interactable Party in the Bag Screen -> You will be able to see your Pokemon in the bag menu. Giving items to Pokemon will now be easier.
    KzRshUOm.png

- Pokeball Swapping -> Selecting a Pokeball in the bag menu will now give you the option to swap a Pokemon's Pokeball. Swapping a Pokemon with a Masterball will break the Masterball.
    A2fh8Y1m.png

- BW Get Key Items Animation -> Picking up an item in the OW will now display an animation of what item you acquired.
    GxcEWQJm.png

- Get Pokemon Animation -> Collecting a Pokemon through a certain event will show an animation of what Pokemon you acquired. (Similar to the Items Animation)
    SzgbL6Ym.png

- Encounter List UI -> A UI that will tell the player which Pokemon can be caught in a certain location.
    NyUcwXSm.png

- Started adding Gen 4 music

when game release?

Years
  • Been busy with work for the past few months; working on games and releasing games. Gonna try to release an update on this thread 2-3 times a week for this game. Also gonna try to get a beta out sometime this year as well.

Updates:
    - Ported the current base from v19 to v20.1 of Essentials
    - Removed EBDX
    - Added Gen 4 Music
    - Updated thread
    - Chapter 2: Hoothoot Time (WIP)
    After encountering Joey, you accompany him to deliver a package to Prof. Elm. While travelling, you discover a con artist using a Hoothoot to cheat to gain money. Challenge him in his mini game, Wooper Mania, to teach him a lesson. Complete this chapter to unlock different levels for Wooper Mania.
    vpcpVbjm.png
    42W6Gjkm.png
    7D2h0wom.png
    hXuGxQRm.png
    MWHxSsPm.png

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2023
    We need an update that what's been going with the fan game mate but i hope you doing fine thou

Back