• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon and your parents

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Housyasei-san said:
    My parents don't care. But back when it was a fad, my dad was obcessed with Beedrill. I miss those days. wah.
    my dad's obsessed with game mechanics and snorlax...@@|||

Asher

Just your ordinary evil...
    Years
    My parents don't even care. But sometimes whenever I watch the movies or anime they think it's sort of, you know, childish or for mentally disturbed people. x_x;; Meh. =p; They only support my sister's love for some cartoons. But they buy me things involving Pokemon, anyway. =/

Years
    This probably happens to everyone, first its okay for the first few years; they don?t mind buying the GB and the GBC games and the training cards, and then when I ask for the GBA pokemon ruby they like wat? They still think it?s wired that I?m 17 years old and still love pokemon, though now I?m able to buy my own stuff with the money that I get, so buying pokemon games is okay :)

Aaron5367

The Legendary Spriter
    Years
    My parents don't care... I buy my own games... My Dad dose'nt mind em but he calls em' Pok?man.... If my parents are anything.. They are embaressing...

~Aaron~​

Bay-kun

<That's me Oo
    Years
    My parents don't mind. My Dad does think its a little weird that I still like it, but puu to that. XD

I don't think they know that I come here though. OO

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    At first my parents were ok with pokemon. They embrace and support me in this. That was when i just started to be a fan at age 11

Now 5 year later and I older they say i should stop watching the show because it for little kids and that i should not be wasting money on the games because it a waste of money and i should use it for more .... things that parents always say. They don't even know i on this site.

At first suppoteive now they want me off the pokething.

Pookie

Pookie O.o
    Years
    When I was like 11/12 Pokemon was huge here, and I had a 7/8 year old little brother who was into it, so I got into it too collecting all the cards and everything. Everyone I knew got into it. My mom didn't care and let us collect the cards and I think even played the card game with me sometimes just for fun... now 4 years later my parents have no clue I like the gameboy games still. I know my mom wouldn't care, she might think I was a little old... but still, I'd rather keep it a secret. :x

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    I'm not sure my parents still remember what Pokemon is. They didn't care about it 7 years ago so I don't expect they'll care now either...

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    My dad seems to not care but:
    Okay, so he works at the computer in the same room I watch my show. This is usually Saturday. So During a boring part of Poke, I turn around to see him watching the show with me. XD, talk about being an undercover fan.
    My mom encourages me to: go to the PokemonCenter in Manhattan, to go to the local mall, anime convention because she thinks I stay at meh laptop too much.
    Maybe this isn't my mom or dad but my teachers at school actually like Pokemon. My math teacher likes to play with stuffed animals like Pikachu during class. My english teacher themes her tests on Pokemon. My art teacher loves my anime drawings, my computer teacher actually lived in Japan and understands my anime craze. And my counselor loves to see my Pokeart and hear my stories of Pokemon like my obsession with Clair and how I hate Jasmine, Lance and Adan. Or how I didn't evolve my Combusken in my Ruby version while everyone walked around with Blazikens. Or how I kind of hate Pikachu.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Mr Cat Dog said:
    What do your parents think of you liking Pokemon?

When it first came out, they were fine with it, as they thought it would be natural for me to get into a 'fad' as they called it. But now they've only still realised that I still like Pokemon 5 years later, and ar teasing me about it XD My mum tried to be helpful by getting me a plushie of Pikachu from a charity shop... -_-

But still... what are your experiences with parents and Pokemon ^_^
    Good topic. My mom doesn't care at all, but my dad is sort of a macho guy, he probably thinks its really stupid

AngelWolfie

Tiger Power!
    Years
    My mom doesn't care. My dad used to watch pokemon with me sometimes and play my yellow version, he liked beedrill :P He's also the one that helped me figure out how to use a pokeball (on my games) XD

Erik

Mr. Self Destruct
    Years
    At my old high school.. it was the cool thing to wear pokemon shirts and omg power rangers. Such a worthless trend.. I'm glad I'm gone farrr away from that haunting prison.

Anyways, back when I was a kiddo I played it, watched it, and bought all the toys all the time. My mother didn't care, she just made fun of the name a lot. My father never really knew what I was doing... for he was always gone. My stepparents didn't care at all.. and yeah.

THE END.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    Crystal Clair said:
    My dad seems to not care but:
    Okay, so he works at the computer in the same room I watch my show. This is usually Saturday. So During a boring part of Poke, I turn around to see him watching the show with me. XD, talk about being an undercover fan.
    My mom encourages me to: go to the PokemonCenter in Manhattan, to go to the local mall, anime convention because she thinks I stay at meh laptop too much.
    Maybe this isn't my mom or dad but my teachers at school actually like Pokemon. My math teacher likes to play with stuffed animals like Pikachu during class. My english teacher themes her tests on Pokemon. My art teacher loves my anime drawings, my computer teacher actually lived in Japan and understands my anime craze. And my counselor loves to see my Pokeart and hear my stories of Pokemon like my obsession with Clair and how I hate Jasmine, Lance and Adan. Or how I didn't evolve my Combusken in my Ruby version while everyone walked around with Blazikens. Or how I kind of hate Pikachu.

Haha thats hilarious.

Back