• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Are Real

skyterra

In Olivine city
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2008
uhh, Pokemon ARE real, smart one, people have been taking pictures of them, but others seem to just keep saying "loloz ok guud photoshop work rite thur loloz"

If they weren't real, how do you explain these?
Spoiler:

I'm going to start injuring you know.

I'm not sure when I'll stop.

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
I used to dream that a lot (seriously) a while ago.

mrshaun7

King of the Mighty Turtwig
Years
I wish Pokemon were real. I would catch a Turtwig, Pikachu, raise a Charizard, get a Squirtle and create this team-

Pikachu
Torterra
Blastiose
Charizard
Garchomp
Starapter

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
you are nuts. you aren't making them fight. you are testing how well you've raised your pokemon against other trainers
o_O

Let me make sure I read that right, I thought you said "you aren't making them fight."

Hmm...that is what you said.

<sarcasm>
Yep, I think that making creatures beat on each other until pass out is a little inhumane. I must be crazy, that's a good explanation!
</sarcasm>

But seriously, Pokemon battling is fine in the video game because it's a video game. I just don't think that it'd be a good thing to happen in real life. In fact, something similar to Pokemon battling does happens in real life. It's called dog fighting, and it's not a pleasant or moral thing.

Plasmaniac

I has burritoes! Ajua!
Years
Seriously, if pokemon existed it would be illegal to make them fight xD
I have thought of it before, but the fantasy always ends when I start thinking of legal issues lol.
And as a sidenote, I believe our friend DavyJones4our was just making fun of the people who actually believe that >_> (or so I hope)

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2008
I would love to have Pokemon in real. Pikachu is my favorite character and i will keep him with me always.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
I have thought of it before, but the fantasy always ends when I start thinking of legal issues lol.

true, but seeing as:

1) Pokemon Do it even in the wild
2) Most RESPONSIBLE Trainers will withdraw their 'mon from the battle if it gets to rough to the point where it will acctually get hurt

I would imagine the battle rules would be similar to Boxing... your NOT trying to get anyone killed, you're just trying to knock them down for over 10 seconds (or something like that)

and in my made up region, you have to accomplish the following before you can get your own Pokemon & Travel:

1. Finish 3 years worth of learning at a Pokemon Academy (it's possible to finish in less than 3 years, but you'd have to be a really fast learner!)
2. Pass an exit exam
3. Be at least 13-14 years of age.

Now, if this where the real world, I imagine the years and ages might be...

5+ years at an Academy
over 16 years of age

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
No kidding! Just imagine all of the liability issues there would have to be if it were legal, there'd be the risk of a poor trainer not being able to keep his Pokemon from attacking other trainers. And even so, probably over half of the people on this forum (myself included) wouldn't be old enough to possess a Pokemon safely. I'd say you'd have to be at least 21 to start learning how to train, and your license would have to be renewed every four years or so.

Cobalt36

Ivy and Harley, quite a pair..
Years
Before i answer to he coordinator thing, let me comment first. If pokemon were real i'd be:

1. Floating above sinnoh from a basket attached to a Drifblim.
2. Underwater searching for Kyogre.
3. Running through a field trying to find my favorite, Eevee, to get a Leafeon.
4. Beating Sinnoh so i could go to Turnback Cave. I just hope that Giratina doesn't kill me when i try to catch it o.O
5. Making out with Sabrina, DUH!

Lastly, with coordinators:

1. I would have tons on ribbons because i am very creative for appeals and a strong battler.
2. Meeting new coordinator friends to travel with.
3. Cheating on Sabrina with May, DUH!

Back