• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon at 15?

Years
  • Bah, I'm 18 an' I still like Pokémon. Nah, tch, Pokémon ain't neither stupid nor child-ish. It's an intelligent an' good anime an' more mature than ya'll ever think. ^_-

Get over tha complex. Tch, it ain't worth forcefully ripping something ya like outta yarself just because others think it's stupid. XP

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    Well i dont feel so bad now that i know there a people my age and older who like pokemon as well ^^.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
  • I'm 15 and have absolutely no intentions to stop liking it at any point of my life.

My boyfriend is 19 and he likes it, and I know several Pokémon fans in their twenties.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Lone Eevee said:
    well i turned 15 on 10th september and i still like pokemon, now is this stupid or child-ish, i mean i feel stupid cause im prob the only 15 year old who still likes pokemon. what do you all think is it stupid?
    The surveys running in $erebii.net actually comes to a result of the average age of Pokemon players is 17.xxx

Whilst being average 16 in Hong kong Pokemon Alliance, Modal being 14 followed closely by 18.

University students playing Pokemon are becoming more and more common in Hong Kong.
    Hong kong's next Pokemon tournament will take place in "City University".

You really shouldn't be worrying about your age.
    If you like it, just play it.
    Don't stop playing because you feel embarassed.

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
  • on the site in my sig*pokecorner* there is a 32 year who adores it and she works and makes the games and we have all seen photos to prove she is awesome! so trust me 15 aint wrong^^

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Gyarados Girl said:
    If it makes you feel better, I'm 25. :)

You're not childish, anyone who is rude to you due to your tastes is the childish one.

True, very true ^^.

I'll be 14 in about two weeks and I've liked Pokemon since it came out. I don't scream that I like it from the tops of buildings or anything, but if the topic comes up I'll admit that I like it. Yes, sometimes people make fun of me for it, but they're the immature ones.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • *blink* I still like Pokemon. I highly doubt I'll ever forget one of the first 150. It was like something programmed into my head when it was popular. Some think it's stupid only because little kids play it also. Hmph. Well, Pokemon still rulz for meh ^-^

eX.A.K.R.

Slow Periods.
    Years
  • I'm 18 and I'm still liking Pokémon, and with the exception of a few years in between (when Digimon completely took over me), I have not stopped liking it since the age of 11. I'm not afraid to tell people that I like Pokémon; I wear my Pokémon t-shirt out, and everybody can clearly see it with their own eyes; once, after I brought a Pokémon publication, I went to the library to read some international newspapers. I placed the carrier with that publication inside on the table in the reading longue, in such a way that people could see it's contents. I didn't really care what other people might think of me; it's their own opinion. They can even mock at or laugh at me; I simply don't care about the contorted opinions of such people and just brush it off.

I once saw a group of teenagers (around my age) playing the Pokémon card game, and they were opening discussing strategies and such. In Japan, a survey revealed that 35.7% of Pokémon fans (in Japan, at least) were from the 13 to 15 age group, and 2.1% of them were aged 20 or above (fans aged 16 to 19 made up 9.6%) (I got these figures from that Pokémon publication I was talking about earlier, an offical publication). All these (plus the fact that there are quite a lot of members aged between 13 to 19 here, including myself) prove that Pokémon is not something childish or stupid; I see it as something that has mass appeal across ages, from children to adults. It's people who only can see the children group of the auidence, or just see only the surface of things, that think that Pokémon is childish and stupid.

DoomKitty

Local Crazed Catgirl
    Years
  • heyyyy i'm 18 and i like pokemon tuu XD liked it ever since i was 10, yup ^-^ lots of people say i'm immature for my age but i don't care! besides, i thought 15 was a normal age for playing pokemon? oO;

Sharky

Shark Master
    Years
  • there's nothing wrong with liking pokemon, im 15 as well and i like pokemon and if anyone teases you for liking it then ignore them cos they are being childish (pokemon is cool)

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • Meh, I'm 14 and I love Pokemon. When I'll be 15 I'll still love Pokemon.

Even when I'm old and wrinkly I won't have time for it, but I'LL LOVE POKEMON!

=P There's nothing bad about it. Laugh all the idiots away who say Pokemon is for kids.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • Hey I take direct offense to that xd

No but really, Pokemon is for everybody not just for little kids, me and my friend still play it and when someone says something about it I just say something back or ignore them.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
  • Don't get mad, get glad. My Gramps plays Pokemon, and he's like 70. 0_0
    Of course I do help him, sometime^^;

DR.MUNCHLAX

Just passing by.
    Years
  • I have been playing Pokemon since it came out and will continue to play it. I will be turning seventeen in sixteen days and I have never had a thought that Pokemon was childish, everyone has there own intrest, some people respect what others like and so do not its just the way people are but don't ever give up something you like because other people look down upon you. Hope this helps you.

DR.MUNCHLAX

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • Pokemon Freak here since whenever. I know almost everything about pokemon. ALMOST!. Like types and move types and other small stuff. Pokemon Lover!!!!! I ain't denying it too.

Sniff sniff. What I really miss is head-to-head battles on the gameboy. Sniff. No one plays me because they think I'm too powerful. Class of '07!!!!!!!!!!! Go go go. (Sorry for the spam.) :P

Last edited:

Yuna-chan

Returned from Beyond
    Years
  • Im almost 16 and I still like pokemon, im not extremely crazy about it like I was when I was 10, but still I'll play the games in public, if anyone says anything I just tell em to go straight to hell.

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • Alter Ego said:
    I'm 17, and turning 18 next February

gah, copycat....

anyway, i still like pokemon and have ever since pokemon blue came out. I was 10 at the time i think...

but anyway, some parts of it are childish, but the core elements are what i like about the games.

Back