• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank and Transfer.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    It's an interesting question to bring up, and while I doubt very much that it will work, we can bring this discussion into the thread about the PokéBank and Transporter.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    I'm worried!

Hello from Ireland. My story is long but bear with me.

Back in 2005 I was fortunate enough to receive a female modest togepi with serene grace and the move tri attack. As most of you will know, getting each of these traits is a feat in itself, but the fact it happened first time is nothing short of a miracle. Destiny!

Since then, my partner and I have been through thick and thin - I have transferred her with me on my journeys through all subsequent games and regions since our fateful meeting. She is now a very powerful Togekiss. However I noticed that when a friend wanted to borrow her briefly for a tournament, I couldn't transfer her to him via GTS due to her having a National Ribbon. She got this when I purified her on Pokemon XD.

I realise that the new generation works on transferring older pokemon to the new game in a similar way to the GTS. The pokemon is transferred into the ether and traded that way. My question is: will pokemon from XD that have the national ribbon be able to be transferred to generation 6?? Any opinions or advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated and welcomed. If I have to leave her behind, I think that would be the end of my pokemon journey.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
    I'm worried!

Hello from Ireland. My story is long but bear with me.

Back in 2005 I was fortunate enough to receive a female modest togepi with serene grace and the move tri attack. As most of you will know, getting each of these traits is a feat in itself, but the fact it happened first time is nothing short of a miracle. Destiny!

Since then, my partner and I have been through thick and thin - I have transferred her with me on my journeys through all subsequent games and regions since our fateful meeting. She is now a very powerful Togekiss. However I noticed that when a friend wanted to borrow her briefly for a tournament, I couldn't transfer her to him via GTS due to her having a National Ribbon. She got this when I purified her on Pokemon XD.

I realise that the new generation works on transferring older pokemon to the new game in a similar way to the GTS. The pokemon is transferred into the ether and traded that way. My question is: will pokemon from XD that have the national ribbon be able to be transferred to generation 6?? Any opinions or advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated and welcomed. If I have to leave her behind, I think that would be the end of my pokemon journey.

It is gonna work like the PC boxes in the games.Anything can be stored.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    Thanks Jay, but I'm also worried that because my togekiss has tri attack and softboiled, the software will not allow transfer because it may see it as an illegitimate pokemon - even though they aren't. What do you think?

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
    Thanks Jay, but I'm also worried that because my togekiss has tri attack and softboiled, the software will not allow transfer because it may see it as an illegitimate pokemon - even though they aren't. What do you think?

The only reason the software wouldnt accept it is if you had used action replay or pokegen on it

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    Well I definitely haven't used those things on anything. I've never even heard of pokegen before now! Thanks for the help man. I feel a bit more at ease now.

Years
    I really want to like this idea, buuuuuuuuut:

I don't really agree with the premise of a recurring (being the key word) fee to use this thing indefinitely. I think a one-time fee is pretty reasonable. But it is only like five dollars (?) so I guess that's not too bad.

I do like the attempt to try and get hacked Pokemon off the market, I wish they'd be a little more hawkish with the GTS in that regard. However, if the cloud doesn't accept clones, then I'd worry a little about the future of RNG and trading.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Do you think eggs can be stored in the Cloud? How have "Box" Games worked in the past?

I just spent an hour gathering eggs for all Starter Pokemon from all 5 Games. I hope I can transfer the eggs and hatch them in GEN6.

Years
    Do you think eggs can be stored in the Cloud? How have "Box" Games worked in the past?

I just spent an hour gathering eggs for all Starter Pokemon from all 5 Games. I hope I can transfer the eggs and hatch them in GEN6.

That's a very question that I would certainly love to know the answer to as I have done the exact same thing! I'm sure we can though - I mean, if we can trade them and store them in boxes in-game, then I don't see why we can't transfer them and store them in boxes in the cloud.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

I sure hope so...I'm thinking of restarting the game and running a team made of all starters from past games after Pokebank comes out in December.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
    I just thought of something...what if Pokemon Bank can be used as a cloning method? For this example, we'll be cloning a Smeargle.
    Step One: Save the game. Then, create a save-data back up(you click the little triangle icon)
    Step Two: Reopen the game and transfer the Smeargle to Pokemon Bank. Of course, your game will save automatically, most likely.
    Step Three: Exit the game and then use the save back-up you made earlier. Your new save has the Smeargle in it, because you backed up the save before you transferred the pokemon.
    Step Four: Take the Smeargle from Pokemon Bank and put it back into your game.

Ta-Da! Two Smeargles! Would this work?

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    This feature is honestly brilliant. Allowing you to preserve your favorite Pokemon forever in cloud storage is something I have personally never though of, but I can now see how useful it is. From Gen 6 forward, we won't have to worry about accidentally erasing our save files in terms of losing our Pokemon. Not to mention that you can pass down your Pokemon to future generations and all that other nifty stuff.

I also understand and am fine with the annual fee. I mean it is cloud storage after all.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    I just thought of something...what if Pokemon Bank can be used as a cloning method? For this example, we'll be cloning a Smeargle.
    Step One: Save the game. Then, create a save-data back up(you click the little triangle icon)
    Step Two: Reopen the game and transfer the Smeargle to Pokemon Bank. Of course, your game will save automatically, most likely.
    Step Three: Exit the game and then use the save back-up you made earlier. Your new save has the Smeargle in it, because you backed up the save before you transferred the pokemon.
    Step Four: Take the Smeargle from Pokemon Bank and put it back into your game.

Ta-Da! Two Smeargles! Would this work?

There is no way of knowing exactly how Bank would work, but I doubt cloning would be this easy.

Years
    Pokemon Bank

Why does the Pokemon Bank only allowed Gen V games, why not Gen IV? I mean same cartridge right? :(
    also in same engine.
    can someone explain if there's wrong in my statement lol

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2013
    I suppose because there is a way to transfer from Gen 4 to Gen 5, so they think there's no need for this feature. But it would actually be pretty nice for people who haven't played Gen 5 and want to start again in Gen 6 ;)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Merging your thread into an already on-going discussion about the PokéBank, Adryel.

The question behind why the Bank wasn't adapted to work for Gen IV games as well as V, probably has to do with the missing DSi enhancements as someone mentioned before. Which could be the reason why only the Gen V games are capable of working with the PokéBank and not Gen IV. Or maybe it's because GameFreak simply didn't want to do it.

No one really knows for sure, but at least the reason of missing DSi enhancements from the Gen IV games sounds a little bit more credible, yeah?

Years
    yep Artemis,
    plus I don't have another DS console to transfer IV - V
    so I hope someone send this to gamefreak making a way or at least wouldn't acquire another console just to transfer pokemon from IV - VI

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    PokéBank is going to cost you five dollars per month, I believe. You're going to get a free trial though, and if you like it, then you may keep using the service. If not, then you're always free to cancel it. (: In my opinion, it's not expensive at all. Most of us spend a lot more money than that on other things every day, such as food, clothes, and laundry.

Last edited:
    Back