• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank and Transfer.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    I wanted to ask:I have a Keldeo which has a special ribbon and therefore cant be offered for trade on the GTS.I will be able to transfer it right?

Yes, you'll be able to bank any pokemon, regardless if it was received by event.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Saying hi to Magmaruby~

On the other side I hope they can reconsider being able to transfer from HGSS too... It is such a hassle moving the Pokemon over to BW x.x

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I just realized how much less of a hassle starting a new file will be thanks to the PokéBank. I can just store whatever Pokémon I want to keep from the previous game file into the bank instead of having to do all that tedious trading. Finally.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I just realized how much less of a hassle starting a new file will be thanks to the PokéBank. I can just store whatever Pokémon I want to keep from the previous game file into the bank instead of having to do all that tedious trading. Finally.
    Yeah, even those like me who don't restart the game as they don't want to lose their precious Pokémon and don't have somewhere to trade to can now reset their games as we can store them into Pokebank :3

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    We finally have some option of "multiple save files" like some people have been asking for. Aside from not needing to by another 3DS and a copy of X, this was another reason why I'm excited over Pokemon Bank. I've stopped myself from restarting games because there are a few Pokemon that I want to keep, but it's a hassle to trade them around from game-to-game. With Pokemon Bank, whenever I want to try something different in Y, I can just load any Pokemon I want to keep and have them there waiting for me without any trouble.

On the other side I hope they can reconsider being able to transfer from HGSS too... It is such a hassle moving the Pokemon over to BW x.x
    It sure is a hassle
    I must be the only one who didn't mind the minigame to transfer from Gen 4 to Gen 5.

Years
    We finally have some option of "multiple save files" like some people have been asking for. Aside from not needing to by another 3DS and a copy of X, this was another reason why I'm excited over Pokemon Bank. I've stopped myself from restarting games because there are a few Pokemon that I want to keep, but it's a hassle to trade them around from game-to-game. With Pokemon Bank, whenever I want to try something different in Y, I can just load any Pokemon I want to keep and have them there waiting for me without any trouble.

I must be the only one who didn't mind the minigame to transfer from Gen 4 to Gen 5.
    The mini game was fine at first, but it got tiring after awhile...at least it allowed us to transfer an unlimited amount in a day unlike the transfer from Gen III to Gen IV.
    Btw there's no limit to how long we can transfer our Pokémon correct? Or at least not one that's been established?

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    It can if its the same program that banned players using hacked Pokemon in the last Wi-Fi Tournament. I know I can't use three pokemon I got from friends because they were 4th and 3rd gen hacks when using them on Black and White. Couldn't use them even while they were in my battle box and everything.

I'm not counting on this new hack check to stop hacks. I'll probably get a lot of hate for this, but since mid 2012, I've been playing in all the wifi tournaments with legal hacks and only got excluded from the rankings twice because of ragequitters. Of course it will probably stop the n00b hackers, anyone that knows how to get the right PID can probably continue to cheat.

The only way I would think they could get rid of them is if the unused bytes actually are used and we just didn't know.

I actually enjoyed it for a while. But transfering twice could take a while and I'll eventually want to play though my gen 5 games again without cutting off kalos from my sinnoh pokemon.

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    My only thing is , that ill most likely have my special pokemon in game so if anything ever happens I guess my pokemon are still gone. But this is better than nothing. I hope they have a feature that lets you back up your save file as well

Years
    I'm of two minds about Pokémon Bank.

Positives:
    • It's amazing how we are able to transfer our hard-earned Pokémon from previous generations to our new 3DS games. Pokémon that we spent hours searching for, then levelling up, and training for certain moves we are now able to use in full 3D.
    • It makes the whole process of transferring A LOT easier. We no longer have to spend ages transferring one Pokémon at a time; not to mention the fact that we can upload as many Pokémon at one time.
    • Longevity. We are now able to keep any Pokémon we catch and use them in any future Pokémon game that comes up. We are now able to use the same Pokémon throughout multiple generations with some much ease - finally being able to have that true connection that Nintendo are yearning us to have with them.

Negatives:
    • The annual fee. Whilst I understand why they are using it, I feel a little overwhelmed at the fact that I now have to pay to use a service that has been a staple of the series since Generation III. The only solace to this is the fact that we have a free trial when it first comes out so that those that want to transfer their Pokémon quickly before the trial ends, they are able to.
    • Hacked Pokémon. Whilst the official Pokémon website has said posted a note about hacked Pokémon as shown here:
      Pokemon Bank and Transfer.

There will almost certainly be some that get through somehow. Not to mention that you will have the option to equip hacked items such as Masterballs and Rare Candies to these Pokémon in the Pokémon Bank which makes it easier to catch the legendaries and harder-to-catch Pokémon. The challenge won't be there any more.

Overall, I think it's a good feature that needed to be introduced, it's just a shame that hacked Pokémon will no do doubt get through.

Years

Positives:
    • It's amazing how we are able to transfer our hard-earned Pokémon from previous generations to our new 3DS games. Pokémon that we spent hours searching for, then levelling up, and training for certain moves we are now able to use in full 3D.
    • It makes the whole process of transferring A LOT easier. We no longer have to spend ages transferring one Pokémon at a time; not to mention the fact that we can upload as many Pokémon at one time.
    • Longevity. We are now able to keep any Pokémon we catch and use them in any future Pokémon game that comes up. We are now able to use the same Pokémon throughout multiple generations with some much ease - finally being able to have that true connection that Nintendo are yearning us to have with them.

Negatives:
    • The annual fee. Whilst I understand why they are using it, I feel a little overwhelmed at the fact that I now have to pay to use a service that has been a staple of the series since Generation III. The only solace to this is the fact that we have a free trial when it first comes out so that those that want to transfer their Pokémon quickly before the trial ends, they are able to.
    • Hacked Pokémon. Whilst the official Pokémon website has said posted a note about hacked Pokémon as shown here:

There will almost certainly be some that get through somehow. Not to mention that you will have the option to equip hacked items such as Masterballs and Rare Candies to these Pokémon in the Pokémon Bank which makes it easier to catch the legendaries and harder-to-catch Pokémon. The challenge won't be there any more.
    Overall, I think it's a good feature that needed to be introduced, it's just a shame that hacked Pokémon will no do doubt get through.
    At least they're trying to prevent them from coming over to this generation. The last two transfers didn't do anything if I recall correctly to stop them from coming through.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years

Positives:

Negatives:

There is one thing I'd like to point out, that is a possibility.
    Action Replay, actually works WITH Nintendo, to make sure everything is perfectly compatible. So I'm thinking, what if things used through AR are considered authorized? That could still be a way of getting what you want and avoiding the blockade.

Years
    At least they're trying to prevent them from coming over to this generation. The last two transfers didn't do anything if I recall correctly to stop them from coming through.

Yes, I understand that they are trying and my hats are off to Nintendo for taking this step, however, bringing the Pokémon Bank in to play they will no doubt be reintroducing hacked Pokémon and items again - that was my point. I wasn't blaming Nintendo for that, I was just saying that it is a downside to having Pokémon Bank, a small part of me was hoping that we could just all start fresh with no cheats, hacks etc. But I'm still happy that this is being released I guess. :)

There is one thing I'd like to point out, that is a possibility.
    Action Replay, actually works WITH Nintendo, to make sure everything is perfectly compatible. So I'm thinking, what if things used through AR are considered authorized? That could still be a way of getting what you want and avoiding the blockade.

Action Replay words with the 3DS, but it currently doesn't work with 3DS games as far as I'm aware - it'll only work with Nintendo DS/i games. Even so, Action Replays, PokéSavs, PokéGens and other copious amounts of hacks and cheats will allow gamers to bring certain Pokémon and items over from Black/White & Black 2/White thus reducing the challenge in Pokémon X & Y. Let me give you an example.

You're travelling through Kalos in X & Y and you come across a part where you really stuck as you are severely underlevelled and you can't beat a certain Gym Leader. You then access your Generation V games (Black/White/Black2/White2), attach a load of Rare Candies that were obtained by cheating/hacking to Pokémon and upload them to the Pokémon Bank. In X & Y, you retrieve these items and use them and your Pokémon are now level 1000000000 and can take on anything. To me it just ruins the challenge - I understand that it's a personal thing and whilst this person might go about this method, it doesn't mean I have to, but I like to think that everyone would be in the same boat with these games. That was only point really.​

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019

Yes, I understand that they are trying and my hats are off to Nintendo for taking this step, however, bringing the Pokémon Bank in to play they will no doubt be reintroducing hacked Pokémon and items again - that was my point. I wasn't blaming Nintendo for that, I was just saying that it is a downside to having Pokémon Bank, a small part of me was hoping that we could just all start fresh with no cheats, hacks etc. But I'm still happy that this is being released I guess. :)

Action Replay words with the 3DS, but it currently doesn't work with 3DS games as far as I'm aware - it'll only work with Nintendo DS/i games. Even so, Action Replays, PokéSavs, PokéGens and other copious amounts of hacks and cheats will allow gamers to bring certain Pokémon and items over from Black/White & Black 2/White thus reducing the challenge in Pokémon X & Y. Let me give you an example.

You're travelling through Kalos in X & Y and you come across a part where you really stuck as you are severely underlevelled and you can't beat a certain Gym Leader. You then access your Generation V games (Black/White/Black2/White2), attach a load of Rare Candies that were obtained by cheating/hacking to Pokémon and upload them to the Pokémon Bank. In X & Y, you retrieve these items and use them and your Pokémon are now level 1000000000 and can take on anything. To me it just ruins the challenge - I understand that it's a personal thing and whilst this person might go about this method, it doesn't mean I have to, but I like to think that everyone would be in the same boat with these games. That was only point really.​

If you're not going to do it, then that is all that really matters. There is no point in complaining if it doesn't effect your experience. Let other people do what they want. If they want to ruin their experience, let them.

Years
    If you're not going to do it, then that is all that really matters. There is no point in complaining if it doesn't effect your experience. Let other people do what they want. If they want to ruin their experience, let them.

I understand that, however, I feel that my opinion is still relevant due to how it also means that the connectivity between these games will be altered and affected somewhat as well. It will in turn affect battling, trading and general rarity of certain Pokémon. It's merely an observation by me, rather than a complaint. I am very happy that Pokémon Bank is being included, but I was simply making an observation as this topic requires...

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019

I understand that, however, I feel that my opinion is still relevant due to how it also means that the connectivity between these games will be altered and affected somewhat as well. It will in turn affect battling, trading and general rarity of certain Pokémon. It's merely an observation by me, rather than a complaint. I am very happy that Pokémon Bank is being included, but I was simply making an observation as this topic requires...

Good point about the rarity of some Pokemon. Also, i'm not sure if this is true, but I think hacked Pokemon won't be allowed in the game, and will not be allowed in the Bank either. I hope this doesn't mean legal hacks as well(It probably will). Actually, the only reason I used legal hacks was because I hated EV training, and now it has been redone, so maybe I won't need them anyway.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I'm the type of person that likes to buy both copies of the Pokémon games, so this should make transferring my Pokémon from these two games much, MUCH easier than in the past. Also, $5 a year is chump change for me.

Back