• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank Rejected Genuine Pokemon

Dark Phantom Samurai

Finesse & Perfection
Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    As we all know, Pokemon bank has its own ways of preventing hacked Pokemon from passing through. However this filter of it seems to block the occasional legit one at that as well. A friend of mine has a Shinny Braivary {Forgot how to spell its name} With 5 Perfect IVs. Apparently as he attempts to transfer it the bank doesn't let him and. Problem being is that i have two shinny Pokemon that both have 5 31IVs. He didn't tell me weather he got banned from using the bank, nor did he say weather his legit Braivary was deleted or still there. I need to know that is, if anyone knows. How the bank detects weather you're Pokemon are legit or not, and are you banned or have your Pokemon deleted from the bank as you try to transfer your Pokemon but its picked up that there hacked?

I'm a bit worried about my hard earned shinies and a single event Pokemon being deleted or just simply being banned from the software after use, a rapid response would be greatly appreciated.

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • I doubt that they'll delete the pokemon. It'll just say "You have a pokemon that cannot be sent over." etc. I have yet to have a legit one rejected by the PB.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Nothing happens, the rejected pokemon simply doesn't get transferred and the next time you open the originating game it will simply still be in the box. There's many ways for the pokebank to detect whether a pokemon is legit or hacked, the easiest one is simply having moves it's not supposed to have, so what moves did the Braviary have?

Dark Phantom Samurai

Finesse & Perfection
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    Thank you all for the rapid response it is highly appreciated :)

Nothing happens, the rejected pokemon simply doesn't get transferred and the next time you open the originating game it will simply still be in the box. There's many ways for the pokebank to detect whether a pokemon is legit or hacked, the easiest one is simply having moves it's not supposed to have, so what moves did the Braviary have?

Superpower
    Brave Bird
    Tailwind
    Return

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Thank you all for the rapid response it is highly appreciated :)

Superpower
    Brave Bird
    Tailwind
    Return

Huh. That's weird. Not only are they all legitimate moves, but none of them are even egg moves (it does check if the pokemon has an egg move but wasn't hatched) how about it's ability? What ability does it have?

Dark Phantom Samurai

Finesse & Perfection
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    Huh. That's weird. Not only are they all legitimate moves, but none of them are even egg moves (it does check if the pokemon has an egg move but wasn't hatched) how about it's ability? What ability does it have?

Its secondary ability Sheer Force, I don't understand either.

Dark Phantom Samurai

Finesse & Perfection
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    Where does it say it was caught?

Not caught, hatched in Black 2. Its rather odd I thought Pokebank just had some checker that could see if the Pokemon was actually possible or not. Suppose it thinks that a shinny 5-IV Braivary is just too 'impossible to obtain' and that its hacked... shame.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Not caught, hatched in Black 2. Its rather odd I thought Pokebank just had some checker that could see if the Pokemon was actually possible or not. Suppose it thinks that a shinny 5-IV Braivary is just too 'impossible to obtain' and that its hacked... shame.
    Apparently I have a hacked 6IV Ditto that also didn't make the trip. So I can tell you the Pokémon isn't transferred and you are not banned from Bank for trying to transfer it because it uses the checker to make sure only things that are not hacked get through. Though it's imperfect.

Here's where I think the problem stems from. Look at this list on Serebii. It lists that Braviary is catchable on Route 4 with its hidden ability (and I know that, I have it too). Rufflet, ironically, is not listed as being possible. One question is this: can the Braviary be female? I think it can, so here's another: if a similar 5IV is bred without Shiny, will that transfer? If not, the bug is Braviary itself; if so, however, then I'd be contacting Nintendo to ask why your Shiny can't be transferred and suggest there's still a problem with the checker. They might have an idea what makes it legitimate or illegitimate, and maybe there is something hacked you aren't aware of.

As for my Ditto; it's still in the Daycare in Black. Waiting for its next client. {XD} A replacement is now in my possession for Masuda use.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Here's where I think the problem stems from. Look at this list on Serebii. It lists that Braviary is catchable on Route 4 with its hidden ability (and I know that, I have it too). Rufflet, ironically, is not listed as being possible. One question is this: can the Braviary be female? I think it can,

Braviary is always male. Mandibuzz is always female. https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/628.shtml

Hatching shinies and getting perfects is rather broken/difficult in the way Black 2 generates Pokemon, so likely it was hacked. Was the egg transferred from Black or White? It's location would be Link Trade if so.

If you are sure without a doubt that the Pokemon is legitimate, then Pokebank is giving you a false negative.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Braviary is always male. Mandibuzz is always female. https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/628.shtml

Hatching shinies and getting perfects is rather broken/difficult in the way Black 2 generates Pokemon, so likely it was hacked. Was the egg transferred from Black or White? It's location would be Link Trade if so.

If you are sure without a doubt that the Pokemon is legitimate, then Pokebank is giving you a false negative.
    Oh, duh. I know that having bred Vullaby. Slipped my mind.

And it has Sheer Force...

Yeah, I'd contact Nintendo via their Web form or by calling them. That sounds legit.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've had PokéBank a couple of my Pokémon before, even though none of them were edited in the slightest way. It's sort of a frustrating experience, to say the least.

Dark Phantom Samurai

Finesse & Perfection
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    I've had PokéBank a couple of my Pokémon before, even though none of them were edited in the slightest way. It's sort of a frustrating experience, to say the least.

Tell me about it... Out of the two 5-IV shinnies that i transfered just a few minutes ago prior to this post. Only one made it through the other was rejected oddly enough...

Rejected Pokemon: Shinny Cloyster
    Transfered Pokemon: Shinny Aggron
    Both have 5-IVs Both Have There Non-Hidden Abilities and both Have Egg Moves/Level Up Moves/TM-HM {Cloyster Has Surf Aggron has no HM Moves}Moves.

So then I deleted Cloyster's Surf and the result was still... Stopped.
    However Cloyster has a Iv yield of 31/28/31/31/31/31 Im assuming that the bank thinks that the 28 in there is too low of a chance to obtain without hack let alone a shinny version.

Oh well I'm not so fussed my Friend traded over a normal Braivary and begun the breeding process again, and well I'm not to flustered if I have cloyster or not. But I still feel very bad for those players who have plenty of 5-IV Shinies. I hope they can bypass it somehow.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Tell me about it... Out of the two 5-IV shinnies that i transfered just a few minutes ago prior to this post. Only one made it through the other was rejected oddly enough...

Rejected Pokemon: Shinny Cloyster
    Transfered Pokemon: Shinny Aggron
    Both have 5-IVs Both Have There Non-Hidden Abilities and both Have Egg Moves/Level Up Moves/TM-HM {Cloyster Has Surf Aggron has no HM Moves}Moves.

So then I deleted Cloyster's Surf and the result was still... Stopped.
    However Cloyster has a Iv yield of 31/28/31/31/31/31 Im assuming that the bank thinks that the 28 in there is too low of a chance to obtain without hack let alone a shinny version.

Oh well I'm not so fussed my Friend traded over a normal Braivary and begun the breeding process again, and well I'm not to flustered if I have cloyster or not. But I still feel very bad for those players who have plenty of 5-IV Shinies. I hope they can bypass it somehow.

I really don't think the IVs have anything to do with it, I have tons of 5IV and 6IV pokemon from older games and they're all here. I got them in various trades and such so I don't know their histories, but they've got 5 - 6 IVs, one is Shiny, I really don't think that's the issue. I think it's more an issue of their moves, what ball they're caught in, what game they're from, what level they were caught at, what level they're currently at, etc. I was talking to someone who had two identical Regirocks, same IVs, same moves, same ball, everything. They both had Rock Slide, Iron Defense, Lock On and Dynamic Punch. Problem? The one from the gen 4 game would not go through, but the one from Hoenn would, and that was because Dynamic Punch is a move that can ONLY be taught in Gen 3 so it can ONLY be on a Hoenn caught Regirock. The one from Gen 4 was obviously hacked and Pokebank caught it. So I would say put less focus on the IVs and Shinyness and more on the rest of it's details. I presume gen 5 games say where they were caught? (Not sure, don't have a gen 5 game) so check all the other information, even what level it was caught at and what level it;s at (if gen 5 shows where the pokemon were caught) and compare it to the information for that pokemon on Serebii because one little thing (like in the Regirock example) can make otherwise perfectly legitimate looking pokemon rejected by Pokebank.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I really don't think the IVs have anything to do with it, I have tons of 5IV and 6IV pokemon from older games and they're all here. I got them in various trades and such so I don't know their histories, but they've got 5 - 6 IVs, one is Shiny, I really don't think that's the issue. I think it's more an issue of their moves, what ball they're caught in, what game they're from, what level they were caught at, what level they're currently at, etc. I was talking to someone who had two identical Regirocks, same IVs, same moves, same ball, everything. They both had Rock Slide, Iron Defense, Lock On and Dynamic Punch. Problem? The one from the gen 4 game would not go through, but the one from Hoenn would, and that was because Dynamic Punch is a move that can ONLY be taught in Gen 3 so it can ONLY be on a Hoenn caught Regirock. The one from Gen 4 was obviously hacked and Pokebank caught it. So I would say put less focus on the IVs and Shinyness and more on the rest of it's details. I presume gen 5 games say where they were caught? (Not sure, don't have a gen 5 game) so check all the other information, even what level it was caught at and what level it;s at (if gen 5 shows where the pokemon were caught) and compare it to the information for that pokemon on Serebii because one little thing (like in the Regirock example) can make otherwise perfectly legitimate looking pokemon rejected by Pokebank.
    Granted, we're talking about a Braviary here. It can only be caught in Unova. So here's a summary, not looking at IVs:

Braviary (Shiny)
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Nature: ???
    Level: ???
    Where hatched: should not matter
    Moves: Superpower/Brave Bird/Tailwind/Return

If Braviary is under Lv.54, that would be triggering a hack indication. If any of the stats are edited, that would trigger a hack indication. Nature should not matter, but knowing that should also help.

If you can hack unlimited items into your game, give yourself the EV berries (or buy one per day on Join Avenue with the right Berry shop) and see if feeding a bunch of them to Braviary to reduce the EVs to 0 can get us the base stats. You can then run checks on them to see if they are legit. or try importing it without maxed out EVs. Maybe there's just something wrong in the stats that is blocking it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    The pokémon is a hack. Braviary is male only and in Generation V only females could pass down a HA.

There is no way you can breed a HA rufflet in Generation V, as male only and genderless pokémon can't pass down the HA.

Who said that the Braviary in question was female? That was other posters presenting ideas on why the Braviary might not have made it, but the actual original poster never said it was female and they also said it had the ability Sheer Force, not it's hidden ability.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • My mistake. I misread on it having its HA.

Also, I never said it was female. Just said that you couldn't breed a HA Braviary in Generation V, as there are no female Braviary.

EDIT: False positives is an option. However, if it was shinified, its PID won't match that of a shiny Pokémon and PokéBank will detect it as a hack. This among many other things could be the cause.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    My mistake. I misread on it having its HA.

Also, I never said it was female. Just said that you couldn't breed a HA Braviary in Generation V, as there are no female Braviary.

EDIT: False positives is an option. However, if it was shinified, its PID won't match that of a shiny Pokémon and PokéBank will detect it as a hack. This among many other things could be the cause.
    That is also a possibility I thought of but don't want to assume has been done. You can Shinify through AR in Gen. V, but Nintendo no doubt is aware of hacks. If multiple Shinies are giving you the problem, I wonder if they have been Shinified. I know in Gen. VI the ID changes when you Shinify something, and that's how you can identify a hacked one (though rarely someone's actual ID could match and it's legit., so they would not be blocked on the Bank), but I'm not entirely sure of the Gen. V mechanics. If the code that says Shiny is not there and it's Shiny anyway, it might indeed pick that up.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • That is also a possibility I thought of but don't want to assume has been done. You can Shinify through AR in Gen. V, but Nintendo no doubt is aware of hacks. If multiple Shinies are giving you the problem, I wonder if they have been Shinified. I know in Gen. VI the ID changes when you Shinify something, and that's how you can identify a hacked one (though rarely someone's actual ID could match and it's legit., so they would not be blocked on the Bank), but I'm not entirely sure of the Gen. V mechanics. If the code that says Shiny is not there and it's Shiny anyway, it might indeed pick that up.

Yeah, I'm not assuming this is the case either, as I'm aware false positives can occur and there are a lot of other things that could be wrong. I'm just giving the OP information that may be useful, haha.

Back