• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
    Wow!!!

I was able to transfer a shiny Druddigon, Shiny Charizard, Shiny Ninetales, Shiny Chandelure, Shiny Gallade, Shiny Latias, Shiny Cloyster, and shiny Breloom!! All were download from YouTube!!! Awesome. I had alot more shinies but couldn't go through. :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    No it is not possible to have both in one game without hacking. The DNA splicer can only be used once at a time. if you use it to fuse to Kyurem Black, you cannot use again to fuse a second Kyurem to Kyurem White. Instead it forces Kyurem Black to split apart. That's how it was designed.

@Oshawottlover. DNA Splicers has always been a Key Item. It was never a Hold Item.

Yes i know. that was the only thing i got right XD

Wow!!!

I was able to transfer a shiny Druddigon, Shiny Charizard, Shiny Ninetales, Shiny Chandelure, Shiny Gallade, Shiny Latias, Shiny Cloyster, and shiny Breloom!! All were download from YouTube!!! Awesome. I had alot more shinies but couldn't go through. :(

how in dah heck do you download them from youtube?

Last edited:

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
    Years
    Knowing the release of Bank was indeed soon here in the states, I disconnected myself from this thread and other news sources, and was very happy to see that Bank was released today!
    Just transferred all my legendaries and IV bred pokemon to Y :)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Ok, so I've spent the last 10 minutes trying to figure out how to get my Celebi. I did the Pokemon Link, but I kinda sped through the text assuming it would be delivered at the Pokemon Center like other event Pokemon. How do I get it?

Years
    My shaymin got through. Oaks letter one, I think.

A couple of Pokemon that I think are from RNG did not get through, but it's also possible that they were cloned/pokesav'd. They were Pokemon I don't like/hadn't used so didn't pay much attention to them.

Other clones have got through fine.

Event Pokemon obtained on a Japanese rom hacked to English (so their names become English) got through and had their names changed back to Japanese. Wasn't expecting it to get through because obviously it's not meant to be able to be nicknamed!

Some shinies that I doubt are legit (ditto and mew) got through, but I got them from someone else so have no idea of their actual origins.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    Bizarre, I transferred my Darkrai across just fine and that was through an AR'd item. Wouldnt know about Arceus because the one I transferred was the Dream World Arceus.

I transferred one specimen of every event-exclusive Pokémon created by AR, and only had trouble with a Deoxys.
    IIRC, all Gen 1-4 event exclusives were created by AR codes for HG/SS and Platinum (except Phione, I'll just breed Manaphy) . Gen 5 event exclusives were created using codes that just made them appear in teams/PC out of nowhere in B/W/B2/W2.

The only Pokémon I had trouble with was Deoxys created in HG/SS (or is it Platinum? I forgot) using the code "Oblivia Deoxys". I later found a code for B2/W2 that produced a transferrable Deoxys.

(on the side note, my AR now has officially fulfilled its purpose; putting it into a drawer now to never touch it again)

EDIT: I guess it's the Pokémon itself, and not how it was obtained that can determine if it's going to be blocked. Besides, if you trade a legal Pokémon created by shady means on a different game, the games won't even be able to tell there's something wrong with it. The only possible red flag that could come up if the Pokémon itself is perfectly fine is when you have a Pokémon, yet not its Pokédex entry.

LuminescentUmbreon

Eeveelution Trainer
    Years
    Ok, so I've spent the last 10 minutes trying to figure out how to get my Celebi. I did the Pokemon Link, but I kinda sped through the text assuming it would be delivered at the Pokemon Center like other event Pokemon. How do I get it?
    Did you receive it from the Bank or has it not yet told you that you got one, because in order to get it you have to use the app twice, I'm assuming, and it will send it to Pokemon Link in your actual game. Once you start X/Y go to the Pokemon Link and you will receive it there, it will then be sent to a box in the PC. Hope that helps, I'm not very good at wording things. :P

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Did you receive it from the Bank or has it not yet told you that you got one, because in order to get it you have to use the app twice, I'm assuming, and it will send it to Pokemon Link in your actual game. Once you start X/Y go to the Pokemon Link and you will receive it there, it will then be sent to a box in the PC. Hope that helps, I'm not very good at wording things. :P

Ah, thanks! It was in one of my boxes. I just didn't see it because I have so many full boxes :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    I transferred one specimen of every event-exclusive Pokémon created by AR, and only had trouble with a Deoxys.
    IIRC, all Gen 1-4 event exclusives were created by AR codes for HG/SS and Platinum (except Phione, I'll just breed Manaphy) . Gen 5 event exclusives were created using codes that just made them appear in teams/PC out of nowhere in B/W/B2/W2.

The only Pokémon I had trouble with was Deoxys created in HG/SS (or is it Platinum? I forgot) using the code "Oblivia Deoxys". I later found a code for B2/W2 that produced a transferrable Deoxys.

(on the side note, my AR now has officially fulfilled its purpose; putting it into a drawer now to never touch it again)

EDIT: I guess it's the Pokémon itself, and not how it was obtained that can determine if it's going to be blocked. Besides, if you trade a legal Pokémon created by shady means on a different game, the games won't even be able to tell there's something wrong with it. The only possible red flag that could come up if the Pokémon itself is perfectly fine is when you have a Pokémon, yet not its Pokédex entry.

A solution in Gen V was apparently to put it into Daycare or a PC Box (I forget which) and them immediately withdraw it. I know this one because I had the Dream Radar Legendaries in Pokemon White 2 a lot earlier than I had the National Dex.

I bet there's also a flag on certain Pokemon that would not normally appear as shiny Pokemon IE Zekrom and Reshiram.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    I managed to send every species of event-exclusive Pokémon:
    • Mew: French distribution in Fall 2010 (OT: AUT2010)
    • Celebi: French distribution in Winter 2011 (OT: HIV2011)
    • Jirachi: French distribution in Summer 2010 (OT: ETE2010)
    • Deoxys: English distribution "Plasma Deoxys" (OT: Plasma)
    • Manaphy: I just ARd an egg in a Gen 4 game (OT: well... me)
    • Phione: Didn't try, will breed it.
    • Darkrai: Almia Darkrai (OT: Almia)
    • Shaymin: French distribution commemorating the release of a movie (OT: Film11)
    • Arceus: Some Japanese distribution (OT: sorry, I can't read it ^^)
    • Victini: French distribution commemorating the release of a movie (OT: FILM14)
    • Keldeo: French distribution in Summer 2012 (OT: ETE2012)
    • Meloetta: French distribution in Spring 2013 (OT: PRI2013)
    • Genesect: French distribution "Plasma Genesect" (OT: Plasma)

What didn't make it through:
    Oblivia Deoxys

EDIT: all created with AR.
    Used it in HG/SS to get the following Pokémon through the delivery man: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy (egg), Shaymin, Arceus
    Used it in Platinum to make the following Pokémon appear out of nowhere in the PC: Darkrai, Deoxys (the one that didn't work)
    Used it in B2/W2 to make the following Pokémon appear out of nowhere in the PC: Deoxys (the one that did work) and Gen 5 exclusives.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    What box? I don't see mine either and I used it twice.

If you got PokeMiles or BP from Bridgette, you have to get those first from the Link thing. It seems to only be capable of holding 1 thing at a time. So once you've checked for that, go back into the Bank and you should be given a Celebi. Then go to your X/Y and get Celebi from the Link option at the main menu. Then go look for it in your PC boxes.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    What box? I don't see mine either and I used it twice.

1. open pokebank
    2. deposit ONE pokemon
    2.5: save + quit
    3. play X or Y and use pokemon link
    4. re-open pokemon box (they'll give you the celebi then)
    4.5. save and quit
    5. find the celebi in your box (x/y game)
    6. save. you got the celebi!

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    The first Pokemon I send, my favourite Zoroark, named Akakios, got his name changed to Zoroark! I'm so sad ;0;

Can you not change it? :(

I've finally got the hang of Transport/Bank and have now transferred about half my legendaries. It feels really poignant clearing them out from the previous games though :(

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    The first Pokemon I send, my favourite Zoroark, named Akakios, got his name changed to Zoroark! I'm so sad ;0;

Maybe because it references evil, in spite of it meaning "not evil"? Without knowing what's on their names blacklist for certain, I couldn't say but it looks like that name might be on it.

Can you not change it? :(

Not once it's been sent, you can't.

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
    If you got PokeMiles or BP from Bridgette, you have to get those first from the Link thing. It seems to only be capable of holding 1 thing at a time. So once you've checked for that, go back into the Bank and you should be given a Celebi. Then go to your X/Y and get Celebi from the Link option at the main menu. Then go look for it in your PC boxes.

1. open pokebank
    2. deposit ONE pokemon
    2.5: save + quit
    3. play X or Y and use pokemon link
    4. re-open pokemon box (they'll give you the celebi then)
    4.5. save and quit
    5. find the celebi in your box (x/y game)
    6. save. you got the celebi!

Thanks guys! I'll go do that now.

EDIT: Sweet! Got it. Thanks a ton!

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years

That's Sucks. I LOVE nicknaming pokemon, so hopefully none of my names get changed.

It is suposed to do that to offensice names, though... Akakios doesn't seen to contain anything bad...

Back