• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    Nintendo Europe stated that it will be released for Europe on the 25th, if I'm correct. No news from Nintendo America, though.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Okay, I know you'll know this sooner or later when the Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter comes out, but this is how they basically work:

You first place your XY cartridge into the slot and activate Pokemon Bank. After you connect to the Internet and log in with your Nintendo Network ID, you can use the functions on the Pokemon Bank. There are four choices: the first choice is the Pokemon Bank itself, the second is a brief explanation on Pokemon Bank, the third is to confirm your "support code", and the fourth is to download the Poke Transporter.

Obviously you have to download and activate the Pokemon Bank to get the Transporter (it doesn't appear on the eShop), since you have to have a bank server to send your BW/BW2 Pokes over.

When activating Poke Transporter, your BW/BW2 cartridge should be inserted in order for it to respond. It will then connect to the Internet, using your Nintendo Network ID, and then connect to the bank server. After explaining to you how items will disappear when you transport, it will show you Box 1 and ask if you want to send the Pokemon inside into the Bank, into a special box used to store migrated Pokemon. You have to put another box of Pokemon into Box 1 if you want to migrate new Pokemon, or it'll say that there are no Pokemon to send over and end the process.

Important: the Transporter will send EVERY POKEMON in Box 1 to your Bank. If you don't want to send certain Pokemon to XY, you have to move it out of the box. Also, I tend to send a full box to the Bank so I'm not sure, but you have to put the migrated Pokemon out of the special box (in the Bank) in order to migrate a new bunch of Pokemon.

That's all I know so far! I don't even know why I typed this since you'll all know how everything works later, but hey I'm bored.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2019
    So this might seem like a simple or dumb question, but you can transfer your pokemon from X & Y to pokemon bank via transporter in order to save space right? I need that functionality, but don't have B/W or B2/W2.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    So this might seem like a simple or dumb question, but you can transfer your pokemon from X & Y to pokemon bank via transporter in order to save space right? I need that functionality, but don't have B/W or B2/W2.

I believe the transporter is only for your PKMN from B/W/B2/W2 to be transferred to your X/Y game.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Oh yeah, if you have a LOT of Pokemon to move with the Transporter! It's really annoying at first, but if you can keep maintaining this process of:

BW/BW2 Cartridge into 3DS -> Switch BW/BW2 on and move all Pokes you want into Box 1 -> Open Poke Transporter, migrate Pokes -> XY Cartridge into 3DS -> Open Pokemon Bank -> Take out migrated Pokes from Transfer Box -> Rinse and repeat

This is what I've been doing for almost ten minutes and this is really tedious haha.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I believe the transporter is only for your PKMN from B/W/B2/W2 to be transferred to your X/Y game.

The transporter is only for B/W/B2/W2, yes, but you can still put Pokemon in the bank straight from X/Y without using the transporter.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    If it's never released, then the games essentially become uncompletable, unless they were to make another game, remake or otherwise, to compensate.

How do you figure? Even before the current release, during the first release enough pokemon were released that all the breedable pokemon were available, bred by people are retraded back onto the GTS and wonder trade, so even if poke bank got taken off right now and never put back all the pokemon are currently available online right now. Before the initial release then yes, you're right, it was uncompletable but as soon as it was released that first day the game was completely completeable.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2016
    So Pokemon Bank should be released today since its the eShop update right?

Years
  • Here is some information from Nintendo's Network status page

"From Monday, January 27, 2014 4:00 PM
    - Monday, January 27, 2014 10:00 PM Pacific Time
    Affected Services:

• Nintendo 3DS
      • - Online Play, Rankings, etc. for Pokémon™ X, Pokémon™ Y"
    Would this be a sign of Pokemon Bank coming shortly??

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Okay, I know you'll know this sooner or later when the Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter comes out, but this is how they basically work:

You first place your XY cartridge into the slot and activate Pokemon Bank. After you connect to the Internet and log in with your Nintendo Network ID, you can use the functions on the Pokemon Bank. There are four choices: the first choice is the Pokemon Bank itself, the second is a brief explanation on Pokemon Bank, the third is to confirm your "support code", and the fourth is to download the Poke Transporter.

Obviously you have to download and activate the Pokemon Bank to get the Transporter (it doesn't appear on the eShop), since you have to have a bank server to send your BW/BW2 Pokes over.

When activating Poke Transporter, your BW/BW2 cartridge should be inserted in order for it to respond. It will then connect to the Internet, using your Nintendo Network ID, and then connect to the bank server. After explaining to you how items will disappear when you transport, it will show you Box 1 and ask if you want to send the Pokemon inside into the Bank, into a special box used to store migrated Pokemon. You have to put another box of Pokemon into Box 1 if you want to migrate new Pokemon, or it'll say that there are no Pokemon to send over and end the process.

Important: the Transporter will send EVERY POKEMON in Box 1 to your Bank. If you don't want to send certain Pokemon to XY, you have to move it out of the box. Also, I tend to send a full box to the Bank so I'm not sure, but you have to put the migrated Pokemon out of the special box (in the Bank) in order to migrate a new bunch of Pokemon.

That's all I know so far! I don't even know why I typed this since you'll all know how everything works later, but hey I'm bored.

It's good to know this ahead of time.

But why only the stuff in Box 1? And why only one box at a time? Sure, that's way less tedious than past transfer method, but I don't see why you can't just transport pokes from any box, and/or send up multiple boxes at a time. It couldn't be THAT hard for them to do, right? Oh well, at least it seems like we'll finally get the Bank soon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Quick question:

I'm about to finish Y (I think, how much more is there after the elite four?), if I move my mons to the bank, then restart the game in Y, will my mons from Y still be in the bank and accessible?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Quick question:

I'm about to finish Y (I think, how much more is there after the elite four?), if I move my mons to the bank, then restart the game in Y, will my mons from Y still be in the bank and accessible?

Yes, the pokes stored in the Bank will be accessible to you when you restart your game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    It's good to know this ahead of time.

But why only the stuff in Box 1? And why only one box at a time? Sure, that's way less tedious than past transfer method, but I don't see why you can't just transport pokes from any box, and/or send up multiple boxes at a time. It couldn't be THAT hard for them to do, right? Oh well, at least it seems like we'll finally get the Bank soon.

I would imagine it's probably easiest on the servers and would limit the chance of lost or corrupted data. Imagine millions of people all transporting 930 pokemon all at once vs only a maximum of 30 per person. Just a guess though.

Kokocat

Burning Young Heart
    Years
  • Wait about Box 1, if you have renamed all of your boxes, do you need to change one back to Box 1 or does the program automatically pick the Box which was originally named Box 1?

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
    Years
  • Everyone is sayin that the Pokebank should be out by the end of the week. I'm hoping this is true. There are also many people saying that the Pokebank has failed to stop hacked pokemon. So when it comes out, hacked pokemon will be running rampant :/

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Everyone is sayin that the Pokebank should be out by the end of the week. I'm hoping this is true. There are also many people saying that the Pokebank has failed to stop hacked pokemon. So when it comes out, hacked pokemon will be running rampant :/

And what will be even MORE rampant will be all the people freaking out that completely legitimate pokemon are hacked ;-)

Everyone just needs to calm down COMPLETELY on it. If you're worried about it being hacked, breed it. Then the offspring will be completely legitimate.

And (as this came up in the last couple of days) logically think things through before someone assumes a pokemon is hacked: Is it a shiny legendary with perfect IVs, EVs and nature? It might be hacked. Is it a shiny legendary with terrible IVs and a horrible nature? It's probably legitimate. (Why would you hack a shiny pokemon, but let it have horrible stats?) Are they trading a pokemon from a previous gen and looking for a pokemon from a previous gen? Even if what they're offering looks too good to be true, if they hacked the pokemon they are offering, they can hack the pokemon they are asking for so what they're offering likely is NOT hacked. If they're offering one from a previous gen and it looks too amazing to be true and want a current gen pokemon, then MAYBE it's hacked. If it's got moves it shouldn't be able to learn, keep in mind there's 12 or 13 YEARS of games, level up moves, move tutors, Tms and Dream Worlds to sort through, so look through that decade of options before you make the snap decision it's hacked.

Kokocat

Burning Young Heart
    Years
  • For the more obvious moveset hacks (a Bidoof with Judgement), you only need to trace back to Gen III for potential moveset. Serebii has a pretty good list of possible moves for Gen VI.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Here is some information from Nintendo's Network status page

"From Monday, January 27, 2014 4:00 PM
    - Monday, January 27, 2014 10:00 PM Pacific Time
    Affected Services:

• Nintendo 3DS
      • - Online Play, Rankings, etc. for Pokémon™ X, Pokémon™ Y"
    Would this be a sign of Pokemon Bank coming shortly??

No its not. That update is for Battle Spot and is just updating the Pokemon Global Link info into the games. It has nothing to do with the Bank. It will list the Bank if it has something to do with it. The Bank itself is a separate system/app. It won't ever be included with General X and Y Updates.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    No its not. That update is for Battle Spot and is just updating the Pokemon Global Link info into the games. It has nothing to do with the Bank. It will list the Bank if it has something to do with it. The Bank itself is a separate system/app. It won't ever be included with General X and Y Updates.

What exactly did the update do? I downloaded it earlier today, but have no idea what it was for.

Back