• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • I got Bank and I transferred some stuff from X to Y. I got the Celebi (took me a YouTube video to figure out how to put it in the game), and I got a Naive natured one with good IVs in Attack, Special Defense and Speed. I wish the Attack IV had gone to Special Attack, but it stinks that I can't soft reset for it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So what is the point of the bank really?

I mean, you get 30 boxes in X/Y. That's enough to put all the pokemons in right?

it is, but if you want to transfer to other games this is the easiest and fastest way, and if you're breeding and have 1 pokemon with good IVs, another with an egg move you want, another you got in a trade with another egg move you want, another with this, another with that, you could have 2 - 6 or more pokemon in waiting for every 1 pokemon you want. very few people may need the 3000 pokemon capacity, but it is possible to need, if nothing else, a place to put your excess to keep them out of the way in your main game

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • So what is the point of the bank really?

I mean, you get 30 boxes in X/Y. That's enough to put all the pokemons in right?

To elaborate, some Pokemon can't be obtained in X/Y, like Meowth and the non-Kanto/Kalos legendaires, which is why people bought Poke Transporter when they got Bank. It's also the only method to let Pokemon from Kanto to Unova use the tutor moves they gained, as X/Y don't have move tutors besides the Pledges, elemental Hyper Beams and Draco Meteor.

Years
  • The best part about bank coming out is that I don't have to keep visiting this thread and sifting through all the hate posts to find out if the bank is out or not.

Also in case anyone is still wondering, and if its been posted here already then sorry but I just expressed my animosity toward this thread, but I can

CONFIRM that you can transfer your pokes to the bank from X and Y then reset your game, start a new one, get the pokedex and transfer them back. You do not need the National Dex to do this, the Dex you get right off the bat is all that you need.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    To elaborate, some Pokemon can't be obtained in X/Y, like Meowth and the non-Kanto/Kalos legendaires, which is why people bought Poke Transporter when they got Bank. It's also the only method to let Pokemon from Kanto to Unova use the tutor moves they gained, as X/Y don't have move tutors besides the Pledges, elemental Hyper Beams and Draco Meteor.

Yeah I suppose, I did the same. But not sure if I'll keep it after my trial runs out, may just move the lot to my Y game.

If I restart X/Y by the way, can I still access all my pokemons in the bank (obviously after getting a subscription)

Years
  • *Gets disconnected while saving* damn looks like I have to wait a "while" coz it says I have to since there was an interruption with the server, hence I just wasted my time(I think) and to think that my connection and the app are trolling me -_-

Years
  • Any special setting you used? Levels? Where did you gen it? Thanks :D.

Didn't change anything, just went through fine. One was a algit event obtained on a Japanese rom (which was hacked to English, so mews name was in English). I didn't expect it to go through because of the name change but it just changed the name back to Japanese.
    I don't remember where the other three came from, but two are shiny so I doubt they're totally legit.

Years
  • Is the server just busy? Because every time I try to save, my 3DS says I could not connect to the Internet ._. and thus I cannot get the Celebi and my old pokemon ._.

Years
  • I've had absolutely no problems at all with bank. Just hate having to move the Pokemon I want to transfer to box 1 ugh. How lame. But I've moved everything over and can finally work on the national dex - yaay!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Sorry if this breaks rules, I GENUINELY cannot tell what this site actually is, but if I am presuming it correctly, it SEEMS as though you can use this site to check if your pokemon have been hacked/could have been hacked.

https://www.pokecheck.org

I had a quick look around and it seems people could store, clone or otherwise use it to check pokemon they have. If you have a pokemon that you think is hacked, input the OT and ID No. (or just the ID No. if you can't read the name characters) and check to see if your pokemon has ever been on that site. Again, I'm not sure what the purpose of the site actually is, but if you're concerned your pokemon has been hacked, you go to that site and see that your pokemon is on it and it has been downloaded 523 times or whatever, it probably, at teh very least, has been cloned if not hacked. Plus you can also read a legality check at the bottom of the pokemon summary screen to see if it was likely hacked, RNG abused or what.

Once again, sorry if this breaks any rules (I'm honestly not sure if it does, because I honestly can't tell if that site is ACTUALLY used to cheat or if it's simply a storage site like Pokebank long before pokebank came out, or what it actually does, it's not very clear) however it's a good starting point to quell worries if your pokemon is hacked or not. Obviously not every hacked pokemon will appear on there, but the popular ones will (my Korean shiny Darkrai apparently was as it shows up on that site. The legality check said it was likely RNG abused and it had been downloaded hundreds of times) It's moot though since I traded that for my Arceus which was the movie event pokemon and that's listed on the site as well, so it could be simply a site to store pokemon for all I know. Again, not 100% sure what the site is actually for, so take what you find with a grain of salt, but if you're THAT worried about hacked pokemon, this may put your mind at ease a bit.

EDIT 2: NEvermind! ;-), the original post stands!

Last edited:

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I finally managed to transfer my Hidden Ability Pokemon and some Legendaries from Black 2 on my first run. I also transfered my Hidden Ability Pokemon and my Gen 3 Sableye to X. My Celebi has a Timid Nature. Not sure about IVs. I was hoping to get Celebi on my Y version too, but it looks like Celebi is restricted to one Nintendo account.

Years
  • Oh my Arceus!!! Why can't the 3ds just let me withdraw from the bank and let me have the freakin' Celebi, and now I feel that my time has just been wasted -_-

Years
  • What's teh problem? More details and maybe we can help

Well Basically, I successfully transferred a box of Pokemon from Black 2, and now when I just received my Celebi, and trying to transfer my old Pokes to Gen 6, every time I try to save the 3ds disconnects, and thus I can't get my Pokemon ._.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Well Basically, I successfully transferred a box of Pokemon from Black 2, and now when I just received my Celebi, and trying to transfer my old Pokes to Gen 6, every time I try to save the 3ds disconnects, and thus I can't get my Pokemon ._.

Oh I think I might have misunderstood in your other post, are you saying the 3DS disconnects when using the Pokebank App or the Pokemon game? (my other solution was in regards to the pokemon game itself) and if the game, do you mean when trying to transfer from gen 5 to pokebank, or from pokebank to gen 6?

Years
  • Oh I think I might have misunderstood in your other post, are you saying the 3DS disconnects when using the Pokebank App or the Pokemon game? (my other solution was in regards to the pokemon game itself) and if the game, do you mean when trying to transfer from gen 5 to pokebank, or from pokebank to gen 6?

From Pokebank to gen 6, and I believe the 3ds has the problem, because every time I hit save, my 3ds says "Could not connect to the internet" and I can't access Bank for a while, then when I try the same thing, it happens again

Back