• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Battle and Get! Typing DS Pokemon Games

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
  • This looks cool! I'd always wanted to learn Japanese, but books weren't for me. If this is available soon I'd get it so I can translate Pokemon names and other stuff in Black/White. If I get it, I'd keep a notepad of the Japanese characters and their English translations.
    3 good points
    It includes Pokemon!!!
    You can learn Japanese whilst playing the game!!
    It looks fun!!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I think it's curious Genius Sonority (the makers of this game) have recently been busier with a bunch of DSiWare games and now a Pokemon game - maybe there's more to come from them? (Note they made Colosseum, XD:Gale of Darkness and PBR on the GCN/Wii and also Trozei for the DS).

I wonder if it turns out to be any good for the average young player. Can't say there's many/any Pokemon edutainment titles out there?

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Wow, so weird. Something educational. But video games are supposed to be full of blood and guns...

Well, since I don't want to learn Japanese and never did so, I say no to this game. Just like Dash : I just left it with his own fans...

Plus, it has a very slim chance of being released outside of the Eastern Wonderland... meh, who cares ? -_-

Years
  • I am really disappointed at this. I really thought it couldn't get much worse with some of the modern spin offs; seems i was very, very wrong.

The game though does just be a game to introduce people to new 3DS and such a game was always going to be made. i just see very little audience for a game like this.

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • According to a recent Nintendo press conference, there will be a new Pokemon game for the Nintendo 3DS, called Pokemon Battle and Get! The main premise of the game is for people to learn the transliterations of Japanese characters in English and get Pokemon along the way. It also comes with a keyboard, that can be synced with a DS Lite, DSi, DSiXL, and 3DS. This also proves this game is backwards-compatible with older models, but if not used, there is a keyboard on the touch screen.

What do you think of the first Pokemon-oriented 3DS release?

[DISCUSS]
    I'm surprised, Nintendo should make something better... But I do like to learn Japanese :D

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I am really disappointed at this. I really thought it couldn't get much worse with some of the modern spin offs; seems i was very, very wrong.

The game though does just be a game to introduce people to new 3DS and such a game was always going to be made. i just see very little audience for a game like this.
    Well, what do you expect from an edutainment-type title? They're always going to be aimed at rather young kids.

Also I thought this game was for the DS, not 3DS? =/ *checks* Yes, it appears so. Maybe that first post should be edited then. =p

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    Its pretty good for people who dont know how to read Moonrunes.
    However, i wont get it because i actually am Japanese.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Wait a second, isn't it supposed to teach Japanese children English names of Pokemon ?

In that case, why is everyone talking about language building ? I thought you can't use this game to learn Japanese, just to learn English.

And it's actually backwards compatible, so it seems like it's capale of playing both on the DS/DS Lite/DSi and 3DS.

Back