• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Battle Revolution(PBR) Who played during its prime?

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    The DPP/Plat era on the DS was, at least to me, the absolute pinnacle of pokemon. The DS era introduced us to really cool evolutions for pokes that needed it like Tangrowth, Rhyperior, Electivire, Mamoswine, etc. It introduced online battling and trading. It had the physical special split, so the gameplay was better then ever. What really got me into this era however, was Wi-Fi battling on the big screen, with pokes breeded and crafted from the two little screens!

Pokemon Battle revolution!

The overall reviews for this game were lackluster about its lack of content and lack of story. Compared to Colosseum/Gale of Darkness on the previous gen before PBR, thats a fair criticism. At the time however, PBR was the only way to "randomly" play people on Wifi battles, aka without exchanging any friend codes whatsoever. It was also IIRC the first time your trainer card had your team along with a customizable trainer inside an official game. Lets not forget the much needed faster paced 4th gen battles in 3D with MUCH better music for each colosseum.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq4cDLaancQ

So who here has played it? Remembers it? Wifi battled with it? Interesting fact: this game is also compatible with Heartgold and Soulsilver! The ONLY THING that wasn't in this game with the new 4th gen releases was the Rotom formes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I had it briefly, for about 6 months - this was back when I had to constantly trade-in my games and my parents would make up the difference rather than buying all the ones I wanted, which Game must have loved - and I did enjoy the 3D battling. Eventually though, the novelty wore off - I preferred using my Wii for MarioKart, and sitting down with my DS for Pokémon - so I made sure I got the Electivire, Magmortar and Pikachu sent across then got rid. Sadly I no longer have any of those three despite my best efforts to keep them.
    As someone who always wanted a GameCube just for XD I was initially really disappointed that it wasn't more of a traditional Pokémon RPG, but given I stopped with Pokémon after Black 2 and don't intend to get a Switch, I'm going to savour the memories of 3D battling.

Back