• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Black and White- A Sale Whale

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    IN OTHER BREAKING NEWS, CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS IS A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER.

This was so obvious, I don't see how anyone could not expect this to happen.

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
    i think what Luck is trying to say was this could have easily been foreseen =D
    i think it's great... but i don't really care much about total game sales...
    i'll let the company worry about that... i see an intriguing game.. i buy =P

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I'm saving up money to buy it right now! I'm selling my older stuff, plus a spare N64, on Ebay. I recently got 66 dollars for my NES, and in the 30s for my SNES. Haven't even put the 64 up yet.

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
    Wow, I saw that coming from a million miles away. I'm still waiting for the English version to be available for preorder in the US, I'm getting white for obvious reasons.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    well i'm guessing there is going to be a hole bunch of people preordering a week or 2 before hand, including me, so yeh maybe 2 million.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    Yeah, I saw the link, so that's why I made a poll about who's pre-ordering these. It's really quite amazing, isn't it? Quite a few people will be pre-ordering from Japan, as well as possibly buying the American or European versions, etc. I know I am and many others are as well. Not to mention a lot of people (as it's been already said) have pre-ordered or will pre-order/buy both games, rather than just one, so that's definitely a factor as well. Now if they would just announce the RS remake (in a year or two), that would just be goddamn awesome. I doubt it'll top BW, but you never know, lol. I for one loved RSE a lot; they were the first games I ever played. :D

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    Yeah, I saw the link, so that's why I made a poll about who's pre-ordering these. It's really quite amazing, isn't it? Quite a few people will be pre-ordering from Japan, as well as possibly buying the American or European versions, etc. I know I am and many others are as well. Not to mention a lot of people (as it's been already said) have pre-ordered or will pre-order/buy both games, rather than just one, so that's definitely a factor as well. Now if they would just announce the RS remake (in a year or two), that would just be goddamn awesome. I doubt it'll top BW, but you never know, lol. I for one loved RSE a lot; they were the first games I ever played. :D
    Well the only problem i see with a RS remake in two years is that, they still seem to young, even thought the would hve come out 10 years ago at that point. But maybe thats just me as i hack alot.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    This isn't a thread to discuss RS remakes. :(

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    Sorry. And yes as someone said above i too belive the pre-orders could go up to 2.000.000. And with the one million copy isnt it already the most pre--ordered game of all time or something?

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    Quite possibly.

I honestly never saw this coming. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl introduced new Pokemon, but wasn't a total breakthrough in sales. So, I thought, "Why sould Pokemon Black and White surpass Pokemon Diamond and Pearl sales if they are nearly the same, with new graohics, regions and Pokemon species?" Never saw it coming. :P
    Yeah i know, its amazing. But well deserved. As they have been working on for many, many years apparently.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    Actually no, they're collaborating with this stupid company and that's probably helping them get the work done quicker. GF probably haven't been on their own since HG/SS.

You have to wonder if total sales will surpass that of say, Red and Green. Only then will you know that you've been extraordinarily successful. How will the sales compare to the total DS sales, and will it beat Nintendogs? Heck, will it top charts in sales regardless of the console? That's a better measure of success than "most fast-selling games for [insert console here]".
    How are the pokemon company helping them? Their only purpose is to market the games and make money off of GF.

Lunoon

Even through the wire.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2010
    Wow, I didn't expect B&W to sell this fast, and people are only pre-ordering. o.O

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
    1 million pre-bought already? :12: it can probably be more by now already.
    i can't imagine how fast they must go when they will be released, in japan and the us, and then worldwide.

i hope they can make more remakes, but also different types of games too like mystery dungeon and pokemon ranger.

Back