• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Black and White- A Sale Whale

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    Developers and such have actually been collaborating with them for a while now. Artists and sound teams who are hired (or contracted?) have been working on the games as well. (At least a few people from The Pokémon Company were behind some of the melodies of HG/SS.) Worse, the High Link's missions smell of Ranger team stuff. (As if the terrible Ranger artist behind HG/SS and BW's non-Sugimori artwork wasn't enough.)

I'm basically venting my dislike of said marketing company though, so let's not delve into a topic of them.
    Are the ranger games "The Pokemon Company" sponsored? I didnt look like something GF would make. But this sounds a little stupid, were GF forced to let someone create the pokemon company?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I thought Pokemon Company was just a marketing front for Nintendo. How could they be involved in the creation of a game?
    Executive meddling?

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    I thought Pokemon Company was just a marketing front for Nintendo. How could they be involved in the creation of a game?
    Executive meddling?
    Thats exactly what got me confused to QUOTE from https://www.giantbomb.com/the-pokemon-company/65-4709/: The Pokémon Company isn't necessarily involved in the development of Pokémon games, but they are an affiliate of Nintendo set up for marketing and licensing of Pokémon material. Despite The Pokémon Company's involvement, other companies still handle the development of the various Pokémon games. Most often, The Pokémon Company is seen as just "Pokémon," along with copyrights for Game Freak, Nintendo, and Creatures, Inc. in the video games.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...this is getting off the topic of B/W sales, bring it back to that.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2016
    wow o.o thats pretty amazing maybe all the fans just ended up gettin paid within the 2 days XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Merged with the sale whale thread, because it covers sales in general.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    What kind of batter, is this cake batter, if so I fail to see how Pokemon affect the sales of cake batter

LOL! :cer_laugh: I have yet to see the full Isshu Dex as I'm avoiding spoilers for now, but still, Enbuoo, Daikenki (unless you're talking about its design), Jaroda, the starters' pre-evos, Zoroark, Zoroa, Reshiram, and Zekrom are not crappy!!

And the more Pokemon there are, the higher chance of a little kids wanting Pokemon-themed cakes if they happen to have a fave Pokemon, thus leading to an increase in cake batter sales! :D

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Im not at all suprised the sales are doing so well, we've been waiting 4 years for this gen and we got in finally! :3
    This game probably the most anticipated game for 2010 and even 2011 if you count the USA and European countries!! :D

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    LOL! :cer_laugh: I have yet to see the full Isshu Dex as I'm avoiding spoilers for now, but still, Enbuoo, Daikenki (unless you're talking about its design), Jaroda, the starters' pre-evos, Zoroark, Zoroa, Reshiram, and Zekrom are not crappy!!

The only points I disagree with you on are Chaobuu and Enbuoh. The designs might not be 'crappy', but they're very uninspiring. Were it not for Urugamosu, I'd call it a perfect example of Fire-types getting left out in the rain again. I was hoping for another pure-type trio, as no dual-typing made sense for a Pig (for me, at least); I especially thought they wouldn't use the Fire/Fighting-type yet again, but I guess I was wrong. Not to mention Chaobuu at least borrows parts off of Infernape. (the little gold/yellow things on its chest)

But anyway... I'm glad Generation V has gotten off on good spirits with brilliant pre-order and sales figures in Japan. I was a little sceptical of it at first, but its really grown on me; even more so as I've played through it. I can't wait for the English versions, so I can enjoy them to their fullest. (they seem a lot more story-oriented than before)

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I was actually expecting this from such a big franchise. :p

lol it so owns that its selling well. (I think it is backed up by the Fatismu review.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I read that BW is still the Best selling game in Japan for the third week in a row, wow that's impressive...
    Oh wow thats really good! I also think the Famitsu review did back it up a lot though. Or pokemon fans are just growing more and more after every year.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Oh wow thats really good! I also think the Famitsu review did back it up a lot though. Or pokemon fans are just growing more and more after every year.
    Well, Pokemon is even more popular today than ever before in its history. This is both due to the increasing population numbers (which means more people to buy the games) and the better quality of the games.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Wow, over 2.5 million sales in the first two days, and still best selling game for 3 straight weeks. I think b/w have another two weeks before they get threatened by another game, and at tops I'd give them another 3 weeks on top.

But on the 20th Nintendo is releasing two new DSis inspired by black and white, so it may stay the top selling game all through november, and possibly into early december. If the games manage to stay on top through the holiday shopping season it'll be a pokemon milestone. :)

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    I'm really glad to see that the games are selling so well, but I still yearn for the days of my youth where the franchise was really in the public consciousness and was the best thing since sliced bread. Ah, those were the days. I miss them. :<

Years
    That is not surprising. But the fact it's going into history is. I guess all those spoilers really did help B/W, huh?

Also, with all that money I think that they could make Pokemon Grey the best Pokemon game as of yet.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    This only shows how genius this game is ! :-D
    I mean, becoming the fastest-selling DS Games ever and the fastest-selling games on a period of 2 days is something. Actually, it's a lot.
    It's true that most some of use downloaded ROMs and put them on our R4s/R4si/acekards/etc. Well... if dad wasn't here, I could have an R4 as well, but he's totally anti-piracy.

Back