• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Black Cinder

Years
  • Well then, that's good for you. However, I believe the increased difficulty was poorly executed. It is way too unbalanced especially when you fought the gym leaders. I understand they want to show how strong they were, but the could tone it down a little.

P.S I keep on forgetting to press respond. This is supposed to be for IAmHerox3.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Well then, that's good for you. However, I believe the increased difficulty was poorly executed. It is way too unbalanced especially when you fought the gym leaders. I understand they want to show how strong they were, but the could tone it down a little.

P.S I keep on forgetting to press respond. This is supposed to be for IAmHerox3.
    But.. I pinged you first..! ... I'mma go find a Adamant Drilber or Jolly one and Evolve it.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Well then, that's good for you. However, I believe the increased difficulty was poorly executed. It is way too unbalanced especially when you fought the gym leaders. I understand they want to show how strong they were, but the could tone it down a little.

Have you Seen Drilber??

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hey Digital! I made an account just to say that this is my dream fan game, I love everything about it! I attempted to join the Discord through the link on the first post of this thread but it said invite invalid. If the server hasn't been deleted would you mind either sending a new link or update the preexisting one so I can keep up with development? Anyways thanks for the game and have a good one!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I like the difficulty of the game, its something that requires EV training, strategy building and straight up luck. Personally its a charming concept to have to really work hard to win because once you win its a way better feeling of victory than any other pokemon battle victory from other games (granted I lost over 7 times in a row before winning against the first gym by luck, also I saved right before the battle so when I technically gave up I still had to fight her to leave and thats when a lucky moment hit and I won). It brings me back to the old gen one days with my old GBC. Granted the grammar needs a little polishing from someone very fluent in English, but its still an extremely enjoyable storyline and the point of what characters say is still gotten across to the player. Im sure an easy mode will be made eventually but I see no reason to hate this game based on grammar and difficulty alone. I am very excited to see the next update.

I can see where you're coming from, however people can hate the difficulty of the game. The reason I say this is that it depends on how hard the player wants their game. I personally feel that the difficulty is unbalanced and can lead some players too feel frustrated. I respect your opinion, but your statement saying no one should should hate it on difficulty alone (like with all things) has bias. A lot of fan games are being built upon the basic mechanics of Pokemon, and one of the ways you can critique games is on Difficulty. If the game is too difficult it cannot be played, that is a fair criticism. I respect your opinion and you could respond back with a rebuttal if you want to.

Years
  • Well also please reread what I posted, I didnt say "no one should should hate it on difficulty alone", I said "I see no reason to hate this game based on grammar and difficulty alone" because an easy mode will be implemented, so remember not to put words in others mouths please. I understand its a difficult game but if you read other posts, digitalzone said he will put an easy mode on the game at some point. I know im not the best at writting or speaking for that matter because of my disabilities but you could try to take the emotion out of your response and try to understand what I really was trying to say instead of quickly and hastily skimming over my post without taking the time to understand it and make a emotional response that can escalate to a bad situation. Anyways im sorry if I offended you and hope you have a great day. Again, sorry for sounding like im inconsiderate.

Yeah no problem, but I did only write that post to rebuttal about the difficulty, not the grammar, at least for this post. Thanks anyway for responding.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Its all good, have a great day :)

Wtf happened here? My Thing is Story and Characters are good, Difficulty is More Harder than Renorns, although I don't play that Game, Ive seen vdieos dying from that game. Grammar, I can see, but if it's like that crystal Rom hacks where everything is unplayable, It's ok. Decent.
    Uhh let's see, Pokemon choices are decent. Money is Ok in the sense of Reality, people wouldn't give you like 146P, Plus, makes it more diffcult and reliant of quests, Which is a Pro and cons same time. But when gyms comes around, 1st can be beaten by Literal Trash of a Pokemon, 2nd One is very hard, 3rd One I haven't tried, but Glaceon or Ice type move in general is good for it. And Fire types, but watch out for Tangrowth. Overall, very good game, hope to see it become better than reborn's. Also, maybe make the gym leaders come out of their gym more often or not, you can decide on that, make Intervals between Gyms Longer. So like more story and things before 4th gym/5th gym and etc. League... I would say around 80-90-100 at least because that's where this level thing is going for now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    Hey Digital! I made an account just to say that this is my dream fan game, I love everything about it! I attempted to join the Discord through the link on the first post of this thread but it said invite invalid. If the server hasn't been deleted would you mind either sending a new link or update the preexisting one so I can keep up with development? Anyways thanks for the game and have a good one!

Thanks, I really appreciate your words! The discord server was deleted long ago, but if there are more updates I'll post them here

Have a good day!

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    SHould I pick TalonFlame or Zard? I have a fletchender with Around perfect Speed, good nature, and etc, but if there are Megas Invoved, espcially X, I'll choose Zard, I will also include Gyarados as well, I will put gyara for water type, but idk, you guys could pick .
    RIght now, Team will be
    Pikachu
    Glaceon
    Breloom
    Excadrill
    Zard/Talonflame/etc
    Gyarados and etc.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    For making fangames you need rpg maker xp and then download Pokemon Essentials, which comes with a tutorial and it's very easy to start

I prefer Talonflame

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2020
    You need a shinystone. It's in the eolic garden, using foresight at the end of the bush maze

Thank you!! That helps me out a lot!! One last question, are you allowed to have more than one save file if so how do you do that?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    Thank you!! That helps me out a lot!! One last question, are you allowed to have more than one save file if so how do you do that?

Np! You can't have more than one save at a time, however saves are located at " C:\Users\(Your name)\Saved Games\Pokemon Black Cinder "

So you can move the file out of that folder and paste it when you want to play it again

I can still upload my game after the ban?

Which ban do you mean?

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Np! You can't have more than one save at a time, however saves are located at " C:\Users\(Your name)\Saved Games\Pokemon Black Cinder "

So you can move the file out of that folder and paste it when you want to play it again

Which ban do you mean?

I keep getting Male Eevee, can I try save file to send to you. To make it Female Eevee?

Back