• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Black Cinder

Tiefi

Røcvald
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2021
    So I've played this game a bit, I have one badge so far, and I really love the detailed designs and the music, but I have one major critique so far: This game really needs documentaion!
    For example, without me reading through the forum, I would've never thought about thiefing the Lycanroc to get the special Twilight Medaillon. I've also read something about a dark-type Lycanroc, but I don't have a clue, how to get it, I just caught a normal Rockruff. Also I thought, that this game doesn't have hidden abilites, but I just got a traded Snover with its hidden ability Soundproof, which is actually way worse than Snow Warning, so I don't understand. Last but not least, an NPC said something about Pokemon with different types like the dark Lycanroc, but I don't know, if it's just some random dialogue or if it's true. And if so, what Pokemon have different types or also abilites, is there information somewhere?

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2022
    So I've played this game a bit, I have one badge so far, and I really love the detailed designs and the music, but I have one major critique so far: This game really needs documentaion!
    For example, without me reading through the forum, I would've never thought about thiefing the Lycanroc to get the special Twilight Medaillon. I've also read something about a dark-type Lycanroc, but I don't have a clue, how to get it, I just caught a normal Rockruff. Also I thought, that this game doesn't have hidden abilites, but I just got a traded Snover with its hidden ability Soundproof, which is actually way worse than Snow Warning, so I don't understand. Last but not least, an NPC said something about Pokemon with different types like the dark Lycanroc, but I don't know, if it's just some random dialogue or if it's true. And if so, what Pokemon have different types or also abilites, is there information somewhere?

your rockruff will change forms midbattle once it evolves, regardless of which one you caught. the snover thing is a bit annoying I'll agree, but I think what you prolly heard about hidden abilities is that you can't catch pokes with hidden abilities naturally in the wild, maybe some trade pokemon like that snover will have a hidden ability but generally don't count on it. the npc was talking about deerling and sawsbuck i think but I haven't checked out how that works myself yet so I'm not certain about the secrets there either. i don't mind there being no documentation, it just means you get the credit for exploring and finding stuff :D, I think most game documentation is generally done by fans anyway so it might just be because your not used to playing more obscure games.

Tiefi

Røcvald
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2021
    your rockruff will change forms midbattle once it evolves, regardless of which one you caught. the snover thing is a bit annoying I'll agree, but I think what you prolly heard about hidden abilities is that you can't catch pokes with hidden abilities naturally in the wild, maybe some trade pokemon like that snover will have a hidden ability but generally don't count on it. the npc was talking about deerling and sawsbuck i think but I haven't checked out how that works myself yet so I'm not certain about the secrets there either. i don't mind there being no documentation, it just means you get the credit for exploring and finding stuff :D, I think most game documentation is generally done by fans anyway so it might just be because your not used to playing more obscure games.

Thanks for the explanations, I might catch a deerling to find out! And I can assure you, that I played a lot of Pokemon fan games, but the thing is: Usually I can find a lot of information in forums, if there is no wiki, pastebin or doc-sheets.

Tiefi

Røcvald
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2021
    So I read somewhere, that Vespiquen has a new ability, so I evolved a Combee and it just has its normal Pressure. Is that supposed to be?

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2023
    the tile puzzle that you need to do to get a key to a door

I am assuming it is after you get arrested,
    Tile puzzle need to put the tile in the proper order, the order is seen in the multi-colored square in the previous room.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2022
    So I read somewhere, that Vespiquen has a new ability, so I evolved a Combee and it just has its normal Pressure. Is that supposed to be?

mines only got pressure to, so I'm not sure. For some reason when I use attack order on vespi, the bee's in the animation persist even after the move finishes, I'm not sure whats going on with that but maybe its related.

roberthavins24

Frost the fox
    Years
    • him
    • Seen Dec 29, 2022
    I am assuming it is after you get arrested,
    Tile puzzle need to put the tile in the proper order, the order is seen in the multi-colored square in the previous room.

ok thanks but how do i get it right without messing the whole thing up?

Tiefi

Røcvald
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2021
    I finally managed to find out, what the special ability of Vespiquen is: It changes its form like Aegislash to a sweeper instead of a slow tank, when it uses Attack Order. Now what is kinda odd, is that all the form-changing Pokemon have an form-changing ability like Stance Change or Zen Mode, but Vespiquen just keeps its Pressure, so you don't have a clue, that this exists.
    However, female Combee are really rare and I managed to find one with bold nature and a perfect SpA-IV, so I trained it to level 29 without evolving to get Bug Buzz, since Attack Order is physical. The problem is obvious: As it is, you are forced to play Vespiquen physical with Attack Order, if you wanna use its concealed ability (not to say hidden XD). So I have a request, which will probably be refused, but at least I wanna try: Can you make it, so that the concealed ability is triggered by both Attack Order and Bug Buzz? I mean, it would even fit perfectly because for a real Bug Buzz you would actually need a swarm and not just a single bug. What do you say, Digitalzone?

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2022
    I finally managed to find out, what the special ability of Vespiquen is: It changes its form like Aegislash to a sweeper instead of a slow tank, when it uses Attack Order. Now what is kinda odd, is that all the form-changing Pokemon have an form-changing ability like Stance Change or Zen Mode, but Vespiquen just keeps its Pressure, so you don't have a clue, that this exists.
    However, female Combee are really rare and I managed to find one with bold nature and a perfect SpA-IV, so I trained it to level 29 without evolving to get Bug Buzz, since Attack Order is physical. The problem is obvious: As it is, you are forced to play Vespiquen physical with Attack Order, if you wanna use its concealed ability (not to say hidden XD). So I have a request, which will probably be refused, but at least I wanna try: Can you make it, so that the concealed ability is triggered by both Attack Order and Bug Buzz? I mean, it would even fit perfectly because for a real Bug Buzz you would actually need a swarm and not just a single bug. What do you say, Digitalzone?

oh nice, I knew something was happening with that animation! he could prolly make 'attack order' work like 'shell side arm' which just changes the move into a physical or special move based on which will be more effective, or just use a tanky vespiqueen i spose, between toxic, heal order and defend order it's pretty strong

Years
    • Seen today
    Could you give raichu a mega evoltion ? Its weak in coparsion to the another starters options so mega evoltion would be good for it

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2020
    Hello, first of all, I wanted to say that the game is incredible. You're doing a great job and I hope you keep up the good work. I have two quick questions, where can we find the exp share and up grade to make Porygon evolve?

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2023
    Hello, first of all, I wanted to say that the game is incredible. You're doing a great job and I hope you keep up the good work. I have two quick questions, where can we find the exp share and up grade to make Porygon evolve?

I don't know where the exp. share is but about the upgrade, in the town after meeting Ho-oh for the first time (the town with the sez headquarters, where you get the water badge) there is a scientist who asks you to find 75 different pokemon on the pokedex then he gives you the upgrade and some pokeballs, then he asks for 120 pokemon he might be giving you a second one i do not know. I could look for which building it is but it would take a while, and I think the exploration of the town is fun so...

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2023
    Is there any mega evolution?

Mega evolutions are for sure planed, as the creator teases it at the end of the demo, but you can't yet obtain them as far as I know at least.
    I would for sure recommend this game even though there are no megas yet

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Nope, it haves 3 badges
    But the dev said the next update will have the full game

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    U sure? The update wasn't that long ago, and the content so far for every gym is ginormous. Did he give an estimate of when he would update?

SolarDawn

LunarDusk
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    hey just started this game it pretty amazing and very beautiful art but one question I was just curious why did you not make switch Pokémon in mid battle just curious you do not need to answer my question if you don't want to.

Back