• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Black Shadow

Should I include Fakemon?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Some

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Not at all!

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Yep, I'm starting another hack. I still don't know a lot though, so don't expect too much.

[size=+2]Pokemon Black Shadow[/size]
    [size=+1]Hack of Ruby(U)[/size]

Story:
    Your father has been offered a position in the Elite Four in the Sho Region, and he accepts. This forces your family to move to the entirely new region. You have just arrived at your new home in Emerald Town, and you've recently turned 13. In the Sho Region, you must be at least 13 years of age to become a Pokemon trainer. So you talk to Emerald Town's Pokemon Professor, Prof. Pine. He asks you to choose 1 of 3 Pokemon to use in a wild Pokemon battle. If you win, he gives you the Pokemon used, as well as a Pokedex. He then asks you to go meet his son, Ken, who has recently started his Pokemon journey. As soon as you do meet him in the next town, he challenges you to a battle and quickly becomes your rival. Throughout your travels, you run into the mysterious Nova Organization multiple times. All you know about them is that they plan to reshape the Sho Region, and their intentions are bad...

Features:

- The new and diverse Sho Region
    - Region includes Pokemon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh.
    - All Pokemon obtainable
    - New tiles
    - Many different areas, including mountain, volcano, desert, swamp, and snowy areas.
    - Headbutt system from G/S/C returns, replacing wild Pokemon found by Rock Smash
    - A new team called the Nova Organization
    - New towns, gyms, and rivals (obviously)
    - Not just anyone with all 8 badges can face the Elite Four. You must go through a tournament first.

Progress:
    Finished Emerald Town, Route 301, Hillside Town, Hikari Hills, and Route 302. Currently mapping Centra City.

Screenshots:
    Pokemon Black Shadow
    Pokemon Black Shadow
    Pokemon Black Shadow

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Pokemon Black Shadow
    Pokemon Black Shadow

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Pokemon Black Shadow
    Pokemon Black Shadow

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Pokemon Black Shadow
    Pokemon Black Shadow

Maps:
    Emerald Town
    Route 301
    Hillside Town
    Hikari Hills
    Route 302

Credit for the tree tiles goes to whoever contributed the custom sinnoh tiles in the Pokemon DP section of The Spriter's Resource. (There was no name)

So let me hear your comments, positive or negative, and suggestions. I may need scripter(s), someone to make support bars, and eventually beta tester(s), so if anyone wants to help (with anything really. It doesn't have to be anything I mentioned above), just PM me. I would really appreciate it.

Last edited:

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    sweet. a tournament. i will WIN! when this comes out. hehehehehe.

lukeh

Former ROM Hacker
    Years
  • Hey I had the name pokemon Shadows for a while now and I have had it announced for a while now too. Could you change your title?

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Sorry, I had no idea anyone else was using this for a title. I don't mind changing it if it matters that much to you.

Years
  • Hey I had the name pokemon Shadows for a while now and I have had it announced for a while now too. Could you change your title?
    his hack isnt pokemon shadow its pokemon black shadow as it says on the thread anyway you need a mod to change the name for you anyway good luck

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I've updated the first post with some screenshots and maps. I'm hoping to finish the scripts for those areas soon.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Actually, Kevin, I may need someone to resize DP battle sprites to fit the 64x64 limit. I just don't know which DP Pokemon I want in the game. (for sure the evos/prevos) If you want to help PM me an example of your work, and I'll see if you can help. ^_^ I guess that basically goes for anyone who wants to contribute.

And about the tiles, I forgot to mention in the first post that I got the trees from the Spriter's Resource. And the grass tiles were custom made by me, as well as the palette.

And I'll keep the name Black Shadow, since I already inserted the title into the game.

BTW, I think this thread now fits the requirements for the Hacks Showcase. You think I should PM a mod and ask to move it? (and change the name)

Last edited:

lukeh

Former ROM Hacker
    Years
  • Sorry i was too late.... But keep only the new pre and evos cause they were the only good things about Sinnoh. But thats just my opinion....

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Thanks for the comments, everyone! :)

I've added more screenshots. And lukeh, as you can tell by them, I'm using more than just the evos/prevos in the hack, obviously the starters and Darkrai.

Silver Riolu: I guess it doesn't matter if the Professors have the same name. I'm sure there are plenty of other hacks that use that name.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Just double-posting for an update.

I've added more screenshots. They include the first encounter with your rival, Ken. And Hikari Hills will play an important part in the story later on.
    I've pretty much finished scripting and mapping for the first three areas. I'm planning on release the first beta once I finish work on the next city and the route after it. The beta most likely WON'T have the National Dex, since I don't think anyone knows the flag for it yet.

BTW, I'm still in need of beta testers, support bars, probably some scripters, and probably some spriters, so if someone wants to be a part of this hack, it would be a great help.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just double-posting for an update.

I've added more screenshots. They include the first encounter with your rival, Ken. And Hikari Hills will play an important part in the story later on.
    I've pretty much finished scripting and mapping for the first three areas. I'm planning on release the first beta once I finish work on the next city and the route after it. The beta most likely WON'T have the National Dex, since I don't think anyone knows the flag for it yet.

BTW, I'm still in need of beta testers, support bars, probably some scripters, and probably some spriters, so if someone wants to be a part of this hack, it would be a great help.

I might be able to beta test.
    This hack looks great so far.
    I wish I could help with anything else, but I'm horrible at spriting scripting, etc.

Last edited:

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Sure, you can beta test! :) That would be a great help! Thanks if you can!

Back