• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Blackened Night [Alpha 3.1] Final Alpha

How good was the alpha?

• Great keep it up!

Votes: 66 68.8%
  • Good, needs work

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Needs lots of work to be good.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Crappy

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Alright so ive gotten a temp computer and am almost done with a huge update that adds 2 or 3 more gyms, a new tileset(if i can figure out how to insert the stupid things), lots of bug fixes and much much more!
If you would like to help me out with this hack(cause I cant figure out tilesets to save my life) please shoot me a pm vm or post at my team recruting page here.
Hope this helps I also vmed you this so I'm copying/pasting here too:
For tile sets try Syn's Easy Way Of Inserting Tiles
or you can use a public rom base that already has tiles inserted like ProjectUnamed(Complete)

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Hello everyone, just posting to let people know that I am still working on this game, ive just been gone all summer so I havent had any internet to share updates or such.This game is getting a super overhaul from the ground up!!!!! Hopefuly updates will come out much much much faster than before, there will be even more features!(taking out some of the lameo ones) And now there wont be many(if at all) of the original emerald graphics, everything will hopefully get changed.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I just experianced a major major bug. I often use save states for ROMs and hacks rather than the actual battery-powered save feature in the original game's programming so I was lucky not to lose too much, but just now after obtaining the egg from prof. birch (which I thought I picked the fire type he offered but the egg hatched into Elekid instead) and when I hit reset to go back to where I last saved (which I knew was right in front of the first pokemon center) to try again with the egg, it sent me back to when I first entered the forest. I lost the Zigzagoon and Shroomish I caught, both decent natures, and Zigzagoon's pickup was working overtime for me as well.

Now fortunately when I first entered the forest I had used a save state at one point to use as a restarting point after I caught an adamant Shroomish (at the point I lost my save game I had an adamant shroomish already and was content with what else I had) so when I went back to my save state I got back the shroomish I lost. But this is a huge concern, because if the game messes up like this when using a battery save, then my game goes bye-bye if and when I become the champion of the league for this game. This also hugely impacts any feature in the game that requires a save, like the battle frontier if you kept it in this hack. This needs to be fixed right away when you get to that point, because while I can get by fine on save states, there's still the matter of mandatory saves.

Also, the main charactr sprite looks too similar to the bad guys you chose for this game, can we have a new main character option? Also if the physical/special split is enabled on this hack it's not clearly defined, so I dunno if I'm using the latest patch if the 4th gen split in move classes wasn't seen in 1.3.

Joexv

Years
I just experianced a major major bug. I often use save states for ROMs and hacks rather than the actual battery-powered save feature in the original game's programming so I was lucky not to lose too much, but just now after obtaining the egg from prof. birch (which I thought I picked the fire type he offered but the egg hatched into Elekid instead) and when I hit reset to go back to where I last saved (which I knew was right in front of the first pokemon center) to try again with the egg, it sent me back to when I first entered the forest. I lost the Zigzagoon and Shroomish I caught, both decent natures, and Zigzagoon's pickup was working overtime for me as well.

Now fortunately when I first entered the forest I had used a save state at one point to use as a restarting point after I caught an adamant Shroomish (at the point I lost my save game I had an adamant shroomish already and was content with what else I had) so when I went back to my save state I got back the shroomish I lost. But this is a huge concern, because if the game messes up like this when using a battery save, then my game goes bye-bye if and when I become the champion of the league for this game. This also hugely impacts any feature in the game that requires a save, like the battle frontier if you kept it in this hack. This needs to be fixed right away when you get to that point, because while I can get by fine on save states, there's still the matter of mandatory saves.

Also, the main charactr sprite looks too similar to the bad guys you chose for this game, can we have a new main character option? Also if the physical/special split is enabled on this hack it's not clearly defined, so I dunno if I'm using the latest patch if the 4th gen split in move classes wasn't seen in 1.3.

Well Im not 100% sure on whats causing that issue, but I am remaking every script in the game so it should be gone when I release the new alpha. And as for the character and enemys I'm remaking those to depending on the higher poll result on how to make them,(4th or 5th gen) atm its 5th gen so They will also be released anew in the next alpha. And also no previous saves will work as far as I know, so be prepared to lose progress. The 4th gen physical special split will have the little icon in the next alpha so you will be able to see the difference.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Ok I'm glad to hear this is being worked on, I dunno if anyone else had the same problem but regardless that was something I needed to comment on because that is a huge issue right there.

On the matter of the egg Birch gives you a part of me can't help but think that might have a part in the crash. I KNOW I picked the fire pokemon Birch offered, but the fact it hatched into Elekid instead really confused me. Even if that had no connection to my save problem, that in itself is another thing to check on as well.

Joexv

Years
Just thought I should post a quicky update: Male overworlds sprites are almost done
jSel67u.png
These sprites are not finnal obviously.:)
Credis go to tebited15 @deviantart for the gen 5 gary oak overworld that has been used as a base.

Gen 6 style exp gain after catching a Pokemon has been implemented as promised.
Along with gen 4 physical special split with the little images.
Various other enhancements and I think some asm stuffs.
Also new evolution methods have been added thanks to kearnseyboy6 for the original evolutions for fire red and anonyboy for porting some.

The new alpha should only be a little ways away as I finish up mapping and then insert the last of the scripts! Yay!

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Just thought I should post a quicky update: Male overworlds sprites are almost done
jSel67u.png
These sprites are not finnal obviously.:)
Credis go to tebited15 @deviantart for the gen 5 gary oak overworld that has been used as a base.

Gen 6 style exp gain after catching a Pokemon has been implemented as promised.
Along with gen 4 physical special split with the little images.
Various other enhancements and I think some asm stuffs.
Also new evolution methods have been added thanks to kearnseyboy6 for the original evolutions for fire red and anonyboy for porting some.

The new alpha should only be a little ways away as I finish up mapping and then insert the last of the scripts! Yay!

The sprite looks very good, nice job. Looking forward to the alpha :D

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
good to hear of this progress, good job. Has that save glitch I refferred to also been isolated yet? What about the egg Birch gives out?

Joexv

Years
All right guys so the votes are in and gen 5 style overworlds are gonna be inserted! yay. The next alpha will be coming out hopefully early december.

PS could a mod close my poll? I have no idea how.:P

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Oh will the next version also enable the newer abilities as of gen four and possibly ability capsules? I would like it if the shroomish I mentioned in my game were to get Poison Heal in the update patch if I can get an ability capsule somewhere.

Either that or ditch the crap abilities altogether and replace them with the better ones in certain cases while making it so others gain the better ability upon evolving. This would add a nice extra challenge to the game if Shroomish were to start with Effect Spore but upon evolution gets Technician. As such those with a Breloom end up becoming a decent challenge to overcome.

Joexv

Years
Oh will the next version also enable the newer abilities as of gen four and possibly ability capsules? I would like it if the shroomish I mentioned in my game were to get Poison Heal in the update patch if I can get an ability capsule somewhere.

Either that or ditch the crap abilities altogether and replace them with the better ones in certain cases while making it so others gain the better ability upon evolving. This would add a nice extra challenge to the game if Shroomish were to start with Effect Spore but upon evolution gets Technician. As such those with a Breloom end up becoming a decent challenge to overcome.

Sorry for the delay on answering. I may add new abilities and attacks later but im not sure. I dont really know how atm.

And be sure to follow the new Instagram account @Pkmn_Blackened_Night I made for this hack. Updates, gameplay teasers and possible release dates will be added there most likely before here, as this site hates my ipod.
But for all you adoring fans, I have more updated screen shots with the new finished overworlds in them! Yay. Big thanks to anonyboy for helping with the sprites!
AlDfYWU.png
Y80cvoC.png

FOa2lfH.png
BWjk7bU.png

hvA1Lee.png
Ebec5nf.png

And the heros are done
SjpcXlH.png
qCQ5mY7.png

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
there's some gen 4 toolkits that work on gen 3 roms, just ask around

Joexv

Years
there's some gen 4 toolkits that work on gen 3 roms, just ask around

Yea but for Emerald? I havent seen any.:-/ From what I've heard though mrdollstreak is making an attack base for Emerald. Not sure if its 100% true though. So, mrdollstreak, if your reading this could ya confirm it?;P

Also indoor tiles are finnaly being inserted. Yay. So the first alpha should go faster now.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Yea but for Emerald? I havent seen any.:-/ From what I've heard though mrdollstreak is making an attack base for Emerald. Not sure if its 100% true though. So, mrdollstreak, if your reading this could ya confirm it?;P

Also indoor tiles are finnaly being inserted. Yay. So the first alpha should go faster now.

Yeah you're right, I almost forgot this was an emerald hack. But yes I actually can confirm MrDollSteak is working on that, I saw him remark on it when I asked him about ever possibly enabling the same thing for emerald. But he is the one to hear it from proper.

But with regards to working things with what you have right now, there's a program called G3T which allows you to edit everything about a rom, weither it's been patched or not. I sometimes mess with it on older hacks prior to the creation of the phys/special split patch made by doesn'tknowhowtoplay to enable the split and to change pokemon learnsets among other things.

Joexv

Years
Yeah you're right, I almost forgot this was an emerald hack. But yes I actually can confirm MrDollSteak is working on that, I saw him remark on it when I asked him about ever possibly enabling the same thing for emerald. But he is the one to hear it from proper.

But with regards to working things with what you have right now, there's a program called G3T which allows you to edit everything about a rom, weither it's been patched or not. I sometimes mess with it on older hacks prior to the creation of the phys/special split patch made by doesn'tknowhowtoplay to enable the split and to change pokemon learnsets among other things.

Yea but the sequel will be based in fire red. Well hopefully he comes out with it after I finish my hack, that way no overwritten scripts for me.:)

Yea I've got it. Barely used it though.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
Sorry for the delay on answering. I may add new abilities and attacks later but im not sure. I dont really know how atm.

And be sure to follow the new Instagram account @Pkmn_Blackened_Night I made for this hack. Updates, gameplay teasers and possible release dates will be added there most likely before here, as this site hates my ipod.
But for all you adoring fans, I have more updated screen shots with the new finished overworlds in them! Yay. Big thanks to anonyboy for helping with the sprites!
AlDfYWU.png
Y80cvoC.png

FOa2lfH.png
BWjk7bU.png

hvA1Lee.png
Ebec5nf.png

And the heros are done
SjpcXlH.png
qCQ5mY7.png

hi what about some credits for spriting... and by the way i'll send more frames in the next few days... finally learnt how to sprite sides...

Joexv

Years
hi what about some credits for spriting... and by the way i'll send more frames in the next few days... finally learnt how to sprite sides...

Hey sry bro, havent updated the credits in a while have I? Doing so right now!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I like how this hack looks but i must say it doesnt look good when theres a 4th gen sprite in a 3rd gen world or 3rd gen sprites in a 4th gen world. Lol i cant 100% tell the sprites are good but if u put a 3rd gen sprite next to a 4th gen sprites either the 4th gen sprites looks bigger and fat lol or the 3rd gen sprite looks puny id stick with the fourth gen sprites and just implement them. Also why are some of the sprites umm actually why is the females hat sprite digging into the guys head? Haha.
Anyways it still looks like a great hack good luck with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back