• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: pokemon blue/green-and-a-half XD

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    marioguy said:
    Actually, upgraded looks cool and downgraded, well let's just say there's no point for this hack. That's putting it lightly.
    Hacks are made for fun, so what's YOUR point, sweetie?

Anyway sweetie, nice job, but it'll be cooler if ya downgraded all the gfx. =3

P.S. Why do I get all the girls?
    Cuz I'm a playa, dawg! XD

Years
    jeremy ur the man
    now everybody say
    jeremy is a cool guy and we're not cool in the least
    lol
    i still cant wait the old pokemon games are my faveorite

Jeremy???

Josh is my Pearl Name
    Years
    jeremy is a cool guy and we're not cool in the least... XD
    Anyway, I'm unsure of how to edit the tilesets to got R/B/Y, or where even to find them. tats the only thing I'm having a problem with at the moment. Oh, and SuperNerd was screwed up. I'm not starting again. I'm giving myslef 3 strikes. One more thing, I wanna chnage the name "gamer" (cornylicious babez) bakc to gambler. other than with hex, how can I do that?
    ~Lil Kalki
    BTW Blaine's Appr... Yeah ,this is real strange. It'l get even stranger, as soon as I can find the unlz (sp?) - gba offsets for the ghost, and the fossil pokemon. At the least, I will not release a beta until i find out the fossil sprites offsets. Cheers!
    BBTW Pokenator... I never saw the edit about what pokemon I want on the titlescreen... I'm thinking onehalf the new Venusaur, and the other half the old one from green (see figure [A]). I'm no good at titlescreen hacking, so I'll need help with that, as well.
    [A] : Ne|ld half new| half old

Last edited:

Spazzup

umm
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    kalkris said:
    UnLZ-GBA offsets for the ghost
    It's somewhere around 1900 I think. I'll have to get back to you on that since I'm not on my hacking comp ATM.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    Well anyway, I would like this hack if you didn't downgrade the gfx to R/B, maybe if it was the origional R/G gfx, or maybe make it all G/S/C graphics. Now I'm interested. I just thought of something that you must do. What would happen if someone encountered a shiny Pokemon? You can make a whole second sprite for every Pokemon that way you want it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremy???

Josh is my Pearl Name
    Years
    actually, I'd just keep them the way they are. Why? Cuz shinies have different pallettes than the other ones. therfore, there'd probabvly be a different colorscheme.
    ~Lil Kalki
    (P.S.-- for the Johto pokes, I'm just using G/S/C for them.)
    ~Jeremy???

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    hey Jeremy??? im a big supporter of this game u probably kno that and i was wonderin about how long will it take to finish this game are you still doing this game cause id be very sad if u stoped keep up the good work

Jeremy???

Josh is my Pearl Name
    Years
    hmm... how long this game will take to finish...
    Well, I have no help whatsoever, and I have to change everything (except the tiles, as of yet, or the battle bgs), so I'd estimate about, well, you'll see a second beta in summer. As for the first, I need to work a little more. OH! And, because the real Jeremy has requested it, I must stop acting like it, 'cuz it's "noobish".
    ~Lil Kalki

pokerocks

Nintendo Goo...
    Years
    • Age 30
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 30, 2011
    Can i be one of you beta testers? Thanks.

Nice job so far by the way keep going!

Jeremy???

Josh is my Pearl Name
    Years
    pokerocks said:
    Can i be one of you beta testers? Thanks.

Nice job so far by the way keep going!
    no prob, you can be a beta-tester. I don't see anything wrong wit hthat.
    ~Lil Kalki

Kazan22

The Drumming Guitarist
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2019
    this looks pretty sweet, out of curiosity, how do you plan on doing the Pack and PokeNav? are you just gonna keep them the same or completely redo them?

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
    Just like to compliment on this great looking hack..very good idea..downgrading but keeping the new graphics and old graphics mixed...thats so awesome..cant wait to see more

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    take a step back in time lol..this is great. i like it because it sort of black and white but not? Black and white scaled picture then you have its coloured backsprite. Have to admit that oak looks better in the old ones.

Jeremy???

Josh is my Pearl Name
    Years
    there're a couple questions, i see. And i must answer all of them.

Pokenav Q: no pokenav, silly this is a LEAF-GREEN hack!

pokemon backsprite Q: I don't know why it chnages to orange, etc., when charmander, etc., is on your side (the backsprite). It should've stayed gray.
    ~Lil Kalki

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
    Lil kalki? LIL KALKI!? you changed your name, copied an idea of min, and still use your nickname i gave you?

anyway, looks good. Is the tileset going to be changed? I know you said you didnt know how to, but if i knew someone who did, and that could help you.....LIL KALKI!?!?

Back