• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Burnout

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I'm kind of going through it now a bit as I haven't felt like playing much at all lately. I'm planning on going through the postgame of Omega Ruby pretty soon, so I'm looking forward to that.

Years
    Thanks for the answers! Just to contribute to the topic, I think one reason also, why we keep going back to our pokemon games despite the burnout is the thought that we invested so much in it including time, effort and money which are three very important things.

Right now, I'm officially on a pokemon burnout and is planning to buy a new game. But this will be temporary i know, because Pokemon really holds a place in my childhood and I'll never let go of it.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    It happens to me periodically. After spending so many years in this fandom, playing the same style of games, it feels like I've done it all every once in a while. What happens then is that I take a break. I focus on other games or other fandoms to get my mind off Pokemon. Then something--this forum or the various championships being streamed--catches my interest again, and I'm back to playing Pokemon. Or at least wanting to play Pokemon, but I don't have the time yet.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    But they are coming out with Pokemon Go which I have made a short video about:
    It is going to be exciting for all of us !

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Forgive me for being frank, but I think the fandom, as a whole, is experiencing burnout.

2015 will finish as the first year since 1997 (!) to not see any new main series games be released in any country, and it badly shows. People have already burnt XY and ORAS to a crisp, so there's very little left with those games to talk about, and enthusiasm for the rest of Gen 6 and Gen 7 seems to have hit rock bottom.

There's also very little interest in revisiting older games, best epitomized by the rather lukewarm response the impending re-release of RBY has gotten. Yeah, it's not a new game, but is it not still a pretty huge development for the main series games? You'll finally be able to play Gen 1 legally on a 3DS! It astounds me that this hasn't gotten more hype and attention from people.

And, one only needs to looks at the threads in this very subforum just to see how much people have run out of things to talk about. How many more threads about shinies and favorite Pokémon/Starter/Type/etc can you make? Are threads about palette-swapped Pokémon really the best you can muster?

Well, if this is what the fandom wants, I can't make anyone change their minds, but nobody should be shocked if people start leaving in droves, if it hasn't already happened. Sad how much the lack of a new game really seems to kill this fandom. Maybe, we really were spoiled by all of those yearly releases. :(

Back