• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Choose Your Own Adventure(Kanto)

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Ok, this is like one of those stories where you the reader are the main character. Unlike other ones that are voting ones I will be letting everyone pick what happens. Even the name and Gender of the character. Depending on which Starter you pick depends on what type of adventure you will go on. Only rule is don't change your answer after you've already picked an answer even if you don't like what comes up from what you pick. Some choices will be good ones, some bad. You'll have to deal with the choices you make as this is your story. Ok this first part starts in Kanto. No, I will not have the Battle Frontier in here as I know nothing about it. That means no Kanto Contests either. Your a beginning Pokemon Trainer in this. Ok let's start.

Note: The blank spaces is what you'd fill in while reading like when they say your name or a gender is used I'll do this___. Also no Pokemon nicknames makes this too hard for me.

Prologue

You are excited. Tomorrow is going to be your tenth birthday. You'll finally be able to go off and start your Pokemon journey,"_____, I can't believe your finally turning ten tomorrow and going off on your own. Reminds me of when your father started his journey," your mother smiled at you. "Thanks I guess," you say scratching the back of your head.

"You'd better be getting to bed now. It's getting kinda late. You don't want to sleep in and miss getting your Pokemon tomorrow do you?" Your mother suggests to you. You go up to your room. You decide to:

A.) Follow your mother's advice and go to bed.
    B.) Stay up all night playing video games.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    A.) You decided to listen to your mother and go to bed. After all if your late you won't be able to get a Pokemon. You go and brush your teeth and put on your pajamas, and turn out the light and go to bed. The next day you get up and get ready to leave. You go down to the lab.

Professor Oak lets you in,"Ah! ______, your right on time. Ok which do you want? I have Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle?"

A2.)Pick Bulbasaur
    A3.)Pick Charmander
    A4.)Pick Squirtle

B.) You fall asleep in front of your TV. By the time you wake up you look at your TV. The game is flashing,'Game Over.' Whatever game you were playing you lost since you fell asleep. You look at the clock and notice that it's already 10:00 AM. The Pokemon were supposed to be given away at 8:00 AM,"Oh no! I'm late!" You panic. You quickly turn off your game and rush downstairs. You don't even bother getting dressed as you rush to the lab.

You rush up to Professor Oak. He opens the door to the lab for you as you rush inside. He follows you in,"Please tell me there are some Pokemon left!" You say in a paniced voice,"Sorry, ______. All the Pokemon were already taken by kids who were on time," the Professor told you. You look disappointed. You wished you had listened and gone to bed early last night.

"However I do have one left. But I don't know if you'd want it. It's called a Pikachu. Do you want it?"

B2.)Take the Pikachu
    B3.)Refuse the Pikachu

Last edited:

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Yes it is. It's one of those,'Choose Your Own Adventure' fanfics. Why? Are these types against the rules?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Not against the rules persay, but just really difficult to do. You, as the author of this, have to type up several million different plot lines based on the choices, and you have to do your best to make sure that they don't all sound the same. The plot that goes off from one choice has to be different from the plot that goes off a different choice, since the fun of these books is to see where the different choices take you.

Otherwise, there's no point in choosing all the different choices further down the road because it would just have the exact same outcome as a different choice made by someone else.

And let's take for instance the choice between catching a Pidgey or not. You have to work through a battle that might make use of each Pokemon's different attacks. Which leads me to say that there are a lot of different styles of battle/training/catching/raising Pokemon that it would be difficult to cover them all without making it seem like you're forcing someone into a set way of doing things.

Pokemon training is way too open-ended to be placed into three/four different choices.

Also no Pokemon nicknames makes this too hard for me.
    What happens if someone wants to nickname their Pokemon? It could be part of their character's personality to give their Pokemon names following a certain scene, but you just made them into a clone of boring normalacy.

I'm not sure if you fully thought through the amount of work that goes into writing one of these. They can be done (I have a collection of twelve books that use this format), but those followed a set plot. With Pokemon, there are so many choices to make, even in the games, that each person's experience is different, and it can't really be done will in a fanfic like this. Maybe in a roleplay, but that's not my area of expertise, so I can't really help you out there.

On one hand, I want to close this, only because I've never seen anything like this work out well in all my years in this fandom. On the other, I can leave this open because it's not against the written rules, and it might be interesting to see where this winds up, especially in your hands.

Back