• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Chromatite (Revived)

What do you think to this game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

You should NOT load all images at start. It is unnecessary and takes up way too many resources. Instead, only put a reference to that image as a string and do LoadImage(that string) when necessary. Saves on memory and loading time. ;)

Thanks DaVince. I was gonna change it anyway cos the load time was increased alot.

I will hopefully be able to work on the game abit more soon.

DaVince, just wondered if u had a good random walk script with a pokemon feel to it?

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
  • Well, I DID indeed make a path walking script, which you can give a set path or randomize for some random moving/pausing. It works on more than one person too. See me on MSN!

Waudby

Well, I DID indeed make a path walking script, which you can give a set path or randomize for some random moving/pausing. It works on more than one person too. See me on MSN!

Ok thanks. Ill be on msn soon.

Small update, im now goin to start mapping and events ready for the demo that is in the works. Only a few systems will be ready, but the battle system should be ready for it.

Waudby

Hey send me a few examples of your work, and ill make a final decision on them. thanks.

Anway, if people want to join the team then all they have to do is ask and post a few examples of their work. Ill post some screens later on, these will just be screens to show of more of hoenn and maybe even a few new places. Ill have some battle screens to show off soon and also the new reputation system im working on.

Im now perfecting the day/night system.

@: DaVince, do you know off anyway that once the time gets to a certain point, change the window tiles to a new tile and show a light effect from it? As to give the eefct of light coming from the windows at night.

Do you know how i would do this, or is it worth asking at spherical?

Thanks

Waudby.

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
  • @: DaVince, do you know off anyway that once the time gets to a certain point, change the window tiles to a new tile and show a light effect from it? As to give the eefct of light coming from the windows at night.

Do you know how i would do this, or is it worth asking at spherical?
    Thanks
    Waudby.
    It certainly is possible. You could do a few things, like replace the tile when it's late, or just put some kind of light over lighter colours when it's late, or even replacing the colours. My own system doesn't have that at all yet and I haven't researched much about that either (nor will I atm). But you can certainly ask around on Spherical!

Btw, you work faster than me, damn... :P

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
  • Yup, basically you check this before viewing the map:

Code:
    var date = new Date();
    var time = date.getHours();

if (time < 6 || time > 18)
    {
       //Set a renderscript to make it dark and also do
       //either tile replacement, tile editing or blitting something in it.
    }

Waudby

I already know how to do the basic day/night system, i just wanted to advance it a bit more. Should have some new screens for you today as its wednesday! Give me about maybe 2 weeks for a small v1 demo.

Waudby

Nice... can you teach me how to do more advanced scripting?

After i release the first demo, im thinkin of writing a short tutorial explaining how a few of the systems are made etc, as more demos are released i will release more tutorials. SO if you care to wait a few weeks i can get a small tut done for everyone.

Meanwhile if you check out the spherical website/forums then the people there should be able to help out alot. Probably better than i can.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2010
    Hm... a tutorial would be nice... but it would better if I could just suck the knowledge out of your brain XD

Waudby

Hm... a tutorial would be nice... but it would better if I could just suck the knowledge out of your brain XD

Hahaha. Thanks lol, but i think I prefer the tutorial way lol.

I have some news, im currently re-working my forums to incorperate the game, so new info will also be posted there.

The link is in my sig, im now making a banner for it and will change it soon.

The first tutorial, will be about making a pokemon styled text box, which uses character by character, it will also cover things like, making a menu in pokemon style, and maybe the pokemon data loading system. However that might be to advanced for the first tut.

Does anyone have any questions on the game, or would they like to join the team etc?

-Waudby-

Waudby

I would like to join... but I don't know what I could do...

Well what areas are you good at, if you excell at a certain area of work please give me some examples, im in need of mappers for a new regoin(which is yet to be revealed)

I need a few spriters, for some new systems etc and also maybe a few new overworlds, and heros.

And i also need some people to make/find me music for the game.

If you can do any of these please let me know.

-Waudby-

Waudby

Today is the day of the walk around demo version release 0.1!!

Yes, im now working on the events and finishing a few things off here and there, and by the end of the day you should have a small walk around demo with a few little features to keep you happy!!

Unfortunatly there will be no fancy battlesystem, instead i will use the same idea in which Pokemon GS/SS used, a crappy little framework battle, which will be a one sided battle. But experience etc will be gained.

Also im new putting a screenshots together just to show off a few more things before release.

I hope this bumps up the interest in this game.

Also check my forums, the link is in my sig, this is where more info will be posted as well, also resources and stuff will be there.

Thanks.

MasaXGPMat

Super Transcedent Milenio
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    Name: Masaxgpmat
    Type(i.e fisherman etc etc) Cool Trainer
    Pokemon: Typholosion, Charizard, Sneazel, Houndoom, Pegeot, Pikachu
    Overworld Sprite:
    Pokemon Chromatite (Revived)

Credit goes towards Adam_148
    Battle Sprite: Havnt got one yet
    Text before battle: So You Got What It Takes To Beat My Pokemon?
    Text after battle: Win: Hah! I Completely Battered You Into A Million Pieces!
    Lose: WHAT! How Can This Be, I.....I.... I've Never Lost A Single Battle!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back