• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Chrome

Where/When should Beta 1.0 End?

• The Second Gym

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • The Third Gym

Votes: 51 46.8%
  • Come on! Just release it now!

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • I honestly don't care.

Votes: 12 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
  • The tile error is just because I had to squeeze a tile into an empty spot by a tree. It's an easy fix ;)

3/4 implemented. I've found the routine to load, and written my routine. I just need to slip mine in, and it's good to go!

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • Tile errors in the middle of the map. Dude, that stuff is like awesome. Maybe Nintendo was planning to do this with the snow animation they put into the game? But, i guess they weren't good stuff and just put it aside for SQ!

I doubt it because Gamefreak make Pokemon :P

Anyway, the seasons is....wow.....just wow. I honestly think this hack may have a great chance at HOTY.

School days again...
    Years
  • More New Tiles, and a Side Quest

I've added some lovely beach tiles! Creadit again goes to WesleyFG ;P
    Pokemon-Chrome_01.png
    Pokemon-Chrome_02.png
    Pokemon-Chrome_03.png

Pokemon-Chrome_04.png
    Pokemon-Chrome_05.png

Oh, I should note that Pokemon Chrome's demo is coming soon! I'm just tidying up a bit ;)

Update looks really nice! Say, I think that boat tile is mine.. Please give credit if it is...

Shiny Quagsire

Years
  • Aak! I completely forgot out of the hassle of trying to fit it in! XD
    I Added you, so it's cool now...

The seasons are IN!

After a gruesome two weeks of ASM hacking and debugging, I finally got it!
    That's right! There are full fledged seasons! It switches from an orangy fall, to a white winter, and then to a beautiful spring! And of course normal summer :(

Omega Zero

Is back...
    Years
  • Aak! I completely forgot out of the hassle of trying to fit it in! XD
    I Added you, so it's cool now...

The seasons are IN!

After a gruesome two weeks of ASM hacking and debugging, I finally got it!
    That's right! There are full fledged seasons! It switches from an orangy fall, to a white winter, and then to a beautiful spring! And of course normal summer :(
    that's great :D but some people live in the southern hemisphere and it'll be weird to have winter in summer etc O_o is there anyway to change that it's not a biggy it's just a strangey

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
    Years
  • can i make a suggestion for fall?
    here,it rains a lot in fall so maybe you could add puddles of water and fallen leaves.Keep it up!

==========================================================
    R0bert.

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
    Years
  • Are you still gonna have people on the beach during the winter and fall? That would be wierd to see a beach umbrella during winter! Also you can make smoke come out of house chimneys during the winter. The seasons you implemented gives everyone ideas, so if were bombarding you with too much you can only blame yourself! LOL

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
    Years
  • and you should make the wild pokemon change too
    also the events,like water minigames collecting leaves minigames would be nice too.

==================================================================
    Sincerely,R0bert.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
  • Have you seen white flowers in winter? xD
    This is one of the best hacks i've seen. Congrats on making the seasons! =3 I think no hacker managed to do this in his hack!
    There are only problems with beaches and wild pokemon. =< I hope you'll manage to change that.
    Can't wait for the beta. It looks sincerely amazing!

Shiny Quagsire

Years
  • UPDATE!

Alright, progress is moving along great! The seasons are completely in! I hacked the behavior blocks and graphic blocks, so they'll look somewhere else depending on season. Result? Sliding on ice! That's right, you get to slide across frozen ponds during winter! I could also change certain objects, such as a house, to have snow on it! How cool is that :3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011

UPDATE!

Alright, progress is moving along great! The seasons are completely in! I hacked the behavior blocks and graphic blocks, so they'll look somewhere else depending on season. Result? Sliding on ice! That's right, you get to slide across frozen ponds during winter! I could also change certain objects, such as a house, to have snow on it! How cool is that :3

Let me say this... very!!!!!!!!!

Though maybe you can do this for the seasons instead.

Dec-Feb: Winter
    Mar-May: Normal
    June-Aug: Kinda Dry and arid. Everything dying
    Sep-Nov: Fall

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back