• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Chrome

Where/When should Beta 1.0 End?

• The Second Gym

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • The Third Gym

Votes: 51 46.8%
  • Come on! Just release it now!

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • I honestly don't care.

Votes: 12 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    That, is an awesome feature. Way to take complete advantage on the entire seasons thing!
    Are you planning on making seasonal events? Like maybe a Pokemon battle-off (Yeah bad example) every spring or something like that?

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
    Years
  • Awesome Vid shiny quagsire! You leveled
    up your Hacking skill!

From what I can see, you are the very first
    hacker to implement this feature! Kudos to
    you! :P

But you know what? Since you've implemented
    a huge feature, be sure to expect people's
    many suggestions and ideas.

For an instance, the battle background and
    wild pokemons for each season, different events
    for each season, and how about fishing on
    winter? Smoke on chimneys and every idea
    of PC members.

This is a lot of hard work and you should be
    proud of it! It's another step on Pokemon
    Hacking!

Anyways, Good luck on developing it! Be
    looking forward to it and be able to see it
    in the Beta.. :D

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
    Years
  • Thanks. Ad don't worry, I'm always open to ideas -- Now that I have the power of ASM. >:)

And here's a small, but big update!

ASM Update!

With the help of thethethethe's ASM document, some GBA tech articles, and colcolstyles for some advice, I've managed to compress a tilemap into a separate ROM and display...
    166zkvt.jpg

A sign!

That's right, in Pokemon Chrome, signs look like signs. This sign was compiled and booted from a separate ROM, until it is ready for further use. But, if all goes well, it will display text along with it. ;)

Credits to thethethethe(ASM Tutorial to get me started), colcolstyles(ASM Advice), patater.com (ASM), and coolboyman (Image for use with tilemap)

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • Thanks. Ad don't worry, I'm always open to ideas -- Now that I have the power of ASM. >:)

And here's a small, but big update!

ASM Update!

With the help of thethethethe's ASM document, some GBA tech articles, and colcolstyles for some advice, I've managed to compress a tilemap into a separate ROM and display...
    166zkvt.jpg

A sign!

That's right, in Pokemon Chrome, signs look like signs. This sign was compiled and booted from a separate ROM, until it is ready for further use. But, if all goes well, it will display text along with it. ;)

Credits to thethethethe(ASM Tutorial to get me started), colcolstyles(ASM Advice), patater.com (ASM), and coolboyman (Image for use with tilemap)
    wow,is this for real??..wth,you're awesome,havent really seen a ASM hacker do much here on pc for the hacks,don't implied to zodiac,interdepth,jpan..etc,they did make other things..xD

Anyway,do this work like when i talk to a signpost,this thing will come out?

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years

• lol bit of overexaggeration it's really good but not that good O_o
    Can you do it? My guess would be no. Not many people on this site can do it, so lay off bro.

Anyways, I agree with Crimson Stardust, your ASM features look amazing! However, I haven't really seen anything on the core aspects of the hack(i.e. mapping, scripting, ect.), I would like to see some of those sorts. All things aside, this hack has great potential, and I wish you much luck!

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
    Years
  • Looks like my idea about the ice was a go! Is it possible for you to make the water rise in certain places when it rains? That would be sick!

Shiny Quagsire

Years

• lol bit of overexaggeration it's really good but not that good O_o

Can you do it? My guess would be no. Not many people on this site can do it, so lay off bro.

Anyways, I agree with Crimson Stardust, your ASM features look amazing! However, I haven't really seen anything on the core aspects of the hack(i.e. mapping, scripting, ect.), I would like to see some of those sorts. All things aside, this hack has great potential, and I wish you much luck!

Hey, criticism isn't bad. That's an alpha of what's to come. It'll display text, and possibly be used for other signs and objects.

Looks like my idea about the ice was a go! Is it possible for you to make the water rise in certain places when it rains? That would be sick!

Thanks I'm not sure about water level, but I might do it. :)

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • I like the hack and the progress it's making (I don't think I'd ever do as well)! One thing I'd like to add is my question. The title is Pokemon Chrome, with Shaymins on the front and Magnetons in the water. I just don't see how they all relate (maybe I'm just crazy)?

Also, are you gonna spill the secret of season change (How did you do it)? Pretty please? :3

Shiny Quagsire

Years
  • I like the hack and the progress it's making (I don't think I'd ever do as well)! One thing I'd like to add is my question. The title is Pokemon Chrome, with Shaymins on the front and Magnetons in the water. I just don't see how they all relate (maybe I'm just crazy)?

Also, are you gonna spill the secret of season change (How did you do it)? Pretty please? :3

I'll probably spill it in my ASM tutorial. I'll try to cover everything from retrieving pokemon data, to graphic drawings, to hacking routines. Of cource, the harder it is, the later it'll be written.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    I'll probably spill it in my ASM tutorial. I'll try to cover everything from retrieving pokemon data, to graphic drawings, to hacking routines. Of cource, the harder it is, the later it'll be written.

I'd just like to a jab at how you did your seasons... With an RTC implemented did you just edit the pallet loading routines and add in which pallet to load by the date in the RTC?

Shiny Quagsire

Years
  • I'd just like to a jab at how you did your seasons... With an RTC implemented did you just edit the pallet loading routines and add in which pallet to load by the date in the RTC?

I loaded the month, not the date, and yes, I edited the routine. It checks which pallet it is, if it is, it loads it differently.

Omega Zero

Is back...
    Years
  • Can you do it? My guess would be no. Not many people on this site can do it, so lay off bro.

i never said i could do that anyways and i never said it was bad it's just really good not uber awesome

Shiny Quagsire

Years

• lol i never had any problem with it i just didn't have a super high expression like the others (even tho seeing asm in a hack isn't part of an everyday experience)

Yeah, it's pretty normal nowadays. But I never see anything created for a specific hack, Most ASM is like JPAN's engine or a routine written by hackmew.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back