• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
  • Ooh I like the Pokemon Center tiles. Do you plan on having small and large PCs depending on the location?

Thanks I worked hard on them. I wasn't planning on doing that, but that's actually a very good idea I may implement.

Here is the progress of the hack so far:

First Town ----- 100%
    First Dungeon -- 100%
    First Route ----- 50%
    Second Town ---10%
    Second Route -- 20%
    Third Route -----20%
    Fourth Route --- 30%
    Second Dungeon-10%

And that's probably how far the First Beta will go. Or possibly one more town after that, it depends on how long it takes me to do all of the stuff I have planned already.

Even from the First Beta, you'll get a really good taste of what this game is all about. This is going to be unique, fresh Pokemon game that may break the status quo of Pokemon.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen today
    great progress. This is one unique hack that I hope to get working on my psp *so I can play it at work lol*.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    It looks amazing so far XD Excited to see what Pokemon from 3rd Gen onwards will be in it, and what legends will be available too! XD

I've just thought of an idea though - one thing which was programmed into gold and silver was the Lucky Egg, but unfortunately you can only obtain it with gameshark codes. I was thinking you should get given one by someone in the game, like you do in Black and White, to make training a little easier? :)

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • great progress. This is one unique hack that I hope to get working on my psp *so I can play it at work lol*.

Thanks for the support! And yes, that's definitely a nice feature for GBC hacks. Lawl.

Omg it's great to see you back in the hacking scene! I was sad when AncientRuby/Emerald didn't get done. This should be enough to keep me hooked on the forums again :P

Indeed so. Bear in mind I already have enough done of this hack to release a Demo, so this will definitely get done. I may actually restart that project again after this one.

It looks amazing so far XD Excited to see what Pokemon from 3rd Gen onwards will be in it, and what legends will be available too! XD

I've just thought of an idea though - one thing which was programmed into gold and silver was the Lucky Egg, but unfortunately you can only obtain it with gameshark codes. I was thinking you should get given one by someone in the game, like you do in Black and White, to make training a little easier? :)

I haven't exactly decided which ones to put in just yet. None have been implemented into the game yet. I'll be working on redoing the entire PokeDex soon. There may even be some 4th Gen, I haven't decided yet.

And here's a very small update:

Quick poll. What do you think looks better as the floor tiles? I have two different shades of blue.
    center1.png
    center2t.png

First or second? I know there's not too huge of a difference, but still. Thanks for all of the support!

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen today
    I saw the second one. they seem to go better. the 1st one is too darker compared to the 1st floor. it has a cleaner feel to it

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Thanks for your replies. Based on feedback on this, and other forums, I've decided to definitely go with the lighter color. No updates today but I'll have some very soon!

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    i personally prefer the first one, but that's mainly because I'm colourblind so the second one looks almost pink :P Haha, well it will look good anyway, good luck and can't wait for a demo / beta!

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Time for another quick update. Here are some new screenshots:
    policeog.png
    police2.png

What could have caused this cave to have collapsed? It seems the police are investigating...

battlesystem.png

MobiBattle System? Sounds like a new feature to me.

route.png

Revealing another city name and a route. That female character looks important too.. [I realize it is Kris, but it's just a placeholder until I make a new female sprite]

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • Makes me also wanna put arrows in my own hack...

Anyway, I think you should something with the mapping in the police-screenshot.
    Now if you used surfed past that ledge instead of walking the stairs, the "height difference" wouldn't match. Besides, (not sure if it's only me) it seems a little odd that the ledge ends at the water border (maybe relating to the same thing actually ?).

Other screenshots look good though.

Spoiler:

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Makes me also wanna put arrows in my own hack...

Anyway, I think you should something with the mapping in the police-screenshot.
    Now if you used surfed past that ledge instead of walking the stairs, the "height difference" wouldn't match. Besides, (not sure if it's only me) it seems a little odd that the ledge ends at the water border (maybe relating to the same thing actually ?).

Other screenshots look good though.

Spoiler:
    Thanks for the feedback. I updated the map a little bit. Let me know what you think of this.

police3.png

Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate criticism.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    MobiBattle System? TELL ME MOAR!!! =O

LOL it looks better by the day, I hope there will be a beta test version soon, maybe up to like the second gym or something? :)

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • MobiBattle System? TELL ME MOAR!!! =O

LOL it looks better by the day, I hope there will be a beta test version soon, maybe up to like the second gym or something? :)

Thanks. I can't really release anymore information about that feature just yet, but I will soon enough.

I'm thinking the Beta will go to the second Gym. I'm currently working on the city with the first Gym.

More updates will be coming very soon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    Looking forward to it! Also, I hope I will be able to run it on my old k810i :)
    And, please, make rival superpowerful and pokedex able to finish without trading ;)

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    Do you have a planned release date for the first Beta yet? I'm really excited about this hack! XD

I have a question though- if you are planning on putting in Gen 3 and 4 pokemon, would that include some Gen 3 and 4 moves that didn't exist back then, like Calm Mind, Dragon Dance and Close Combat? It's not a big deal if you can't do that, but if you can it would be an incredible thing to add in! XD

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • Do you have a planned release date for the first Beta yet? I'm really excited about this hack! XD

I have a question though- if you are planning on putting in Gen 3 and 4 pokemon, would that include some Gen 3 and 4 moves that didn't exist back then, like Calm Mind, Dragon Dance and Close Combat? It's not a big deal if you can't do that, but if you can it would be an incredible thing to add in! XD
    Kinda stupid on replying as the place of Melash but with the current engine, there is only room for 3 (or possibly 4 depending on whether 0xFF can be used or not) new moves and it would be practically impossible (not really but something you don't wanna do) to make it so that more than that could be added in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back