• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Chronicles: Episode I - Kanto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
Years
  • Bobby woke up with a start. He knew without even looking at the clock that he was late. "Oh no!" he said. He quickly jumped out of bed, threw on his clothes and grabbed his backpack that he packed last night. He ran downstairs ate a very quick breakfast, said a final teary good-bye to his mom and ran out of the house. As he ran he started to think "I'm leaving." He stopped and turned and looked down the hill at Pallet Town. He relized he would miss the place, but he was also excited that he was leaving. He ran towards the lab and started when he saw to other guys there. "I didn't know I was going with people...". He stopped running, gave them both a tight smile and went and leaned against the wall. After a while another boy ran up. "Great, another person tags along..." Bobby said under his breath. One of the boys gave him a look when he said that.
    A few minutes later a man in a white coat came out and called them in. The man in the white coat introduced himself as Prof. Oak. The boys lined up and Prof. gave the tall boy a Pokeball that had something called Eevee. The Prof. came to Bobby next and gave him a Pokeball with a Charmander inside. Bobby released the Pokemon and saw that it was an orange lizard like creature with a fire burned on his tail. "Hi..." Bobby said shyly. He quickly returned Charmander when he saw the other boys looking at him.
    Bobby thought long and hard about any questions that he might have before he started his journey as the Prof. was looking at them like they had any. He debated on whether to ask the Prof. if he has seen or knew his father, but that seemed irrelevant to what was going on, so with a sigh Bobby said " I don't have any questions old man". And with that Bobby walked outside.

Last edited:

Fighting Infernape

Infernape Master
    Years
  • Aaron landed back on the Pallet grounds and then he saw his father leave on his his Charizard.

"Thank you that my parents decided that I should start my adventure," said Aaron to himself.

Aaron looked for route one, the route to get to the Viridian City but when he started walking towards the grass, an old man with grey hair, white shirt, and brown pants came walking towards him.

"Hey, you can't go out there yet!" hollered the old man.
    "Why not Professor Oak?" asked Aaron.
    "You know my name?" asked Professor Oak.
    "Yes, my parents are former pokemon trainers," said Aaron.
    "Oh, yes your parent are," said Professor Oak. "Come with me if you like."

Aaron followed Professor Oak towards his laboratory and then when they walked inside, they finally walked towards a brown table.

"Alright Aaron, here are five pokemon, they are Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pikachu, and Eevee," said Professor. "You can only pick one."

Aaron looked and browsed at all five pokemon and then he picked Squirtle as a starter.

"So you picked the tiny turtle pokemon Squirtle, that's a good choice," said Professor Oak.
    "Can I go yet?" asked Aaron in an excited way.
    "No not yet, here is a pokedex and five empty pokeballs to catch wild pokemon during your journey, they aren't cheap so use them wisely," said Professor Oak.

Aaron grabbed the pokedex and the five empty pokeballs and put them in his black bag what his mother gave him. Aaron walked outside and sighed.

"Now finally, I can start my official pokemon adventure," said Aaron to himself.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
  • Jack hadn't woken up early that morning. Not at all. In fact, he had rolled out of bed at the last possible minute, leaving him just enough time to brush his teeth. No time was had to force a compulsory breakfast down his throat, nor to bid his parents farewell. The second he pulled his toothbrush from his mouth, he strode down the stairs and yanked the door open. Though his messy brown hair had gone unwashed, he still looked next to flawless. And it was a good thing, too. Two girls, a blonde and a redhead, stood outside his front door, each fidgeting nervously. Vaguely, he recognized them as freshman from his high school. A sly grin painted its way across his face as he slung his arms around their waists. The action elicited a small squeal from the redhead, and he turned, winking at the blonde. And that was it. Just like that, he released them and pressed forward to Professor Oak's lab.

It was no surprise that he had been the last to arrive. Already, there were three others there. Once he joined them, someone (he wasn't sure who) took the liberty of knocking on the door, prompting the professor to emerge from his laboratory. Immediately, he looked to Jack.

"Hello, Jack Wellington," The old man said to him. "I suppose you'd like to get right down to business. Very well. After close examination, I've decided that Eevee would be the ideal Starter Pokemon for you."

Jack blinked. He couldn't say he expected to receive the evolution Pokémon. A Charmander, perhaps, but…wasn't Eevee a little feminine? Lightly, he tossed the Pokéball up and down, being sure to catch it each time it plummeted towards the earth. After the other three each had a Pokéball in their hands, Oak thrust a Pokédex, along with five empty Pokéballs, towards each of them. The empty containers were deposited haphazardly into Jack's backpack. The Pokédex made its way into his back pocket. The Eevee, however, remained firmly clenched in his fist. The old man stood before them expectantly.

"Uh…that's it, I guess…" Jack said, looking to the professor out of the corner of his eye. Instead, he turned his attention towards the Pokéball in his hand, thumb hovering over the button in the center of the sphere. A flash of evanescent light radiated from the Pokéball, eventually taking the form of a small, brown Pokémon with a big bushy tail and long ears. A ring of long, white fur grew around its neck. Blinking, it looked up at Jack with big, circular eyes. Jack squatted, getting at eye level with the Pokémon. It looked at him shyly, wrapping its tail around its face. Though Jack wouldn't admit it, the Eevee was kind of cute. Though, ultimately, he was somewhat disappointed with the weaker Pokémon. As Jack held one arm out, the Eevee scurried up to his shoulder, where it promptly curled up. For the first time, he made note of the fact that the Pokémon was a female.

"So, like…is that all?" He asked, turning back towards the professor, lightly scuffing his foot in the dirt.

_Diego//

Caminaré entre las piedras
    Years
  • It was 5 in the morning, and in his house Derek was already very awake and jumping up and down excitedly. "Today is the big day.. The important day.." Derek said to himself as an enormous grin appeared on his face. This was the day he was going to pay a visit to the town's Professor to receive a Pokemon. "Today... I'll get my first Pokemon from Professor Oak. I'll wonder which one it will be... Squirtle, maybe? Or it can be Bulbasaur... Well, I don't really care, as long as I get my Pokemon to start my adventure!"

He ran downstairs from his room after an hour of fantasizing on how his adventure was going to be to have a very large breakfast. He intended to start his adventure right away after he got his first Pokemon, so he thought it'd be good idea to fill up with food so he wouldn't have to eat anything until a late hour in the day. As soon as he was finished he ran to brush his teeth and grab his backpack and all the stuff he believed he was going to need. It didn't take him too long, though, and after a short while he was ready to leave.

He looked down at his watch to see the hour, believing it was already time to leave. "It's.. It's only 8:00 AM.. I can't wait!" Derek yelled out with an impatient voice tone. He couldn't remember the last time he was so excited. "I want to leave already!" he said as he stood in front of his door, deciding that he wouldn't have much to do if he left at this hour because the lab was no more than 5 minutes away.

Derek continued to wait inside his house, his eyesight fixed on a clock and counting every second that passed by.

"8:50.. That's It, I'm going now" Derek said to himself when it was the time. He waved goodbye to his mother as he got a tight hold on his backpack and made his way to Professor Oak's Pokemon Laboratory. He jogged merrily over to the large building and noticed that a few other Trainers were already waiting outside. Derek smiled to himself as he approached the group of soon-to-be trainers and just stood there waiting for Prof. Oak to open the door. ~This will be awesome~ he thought to himself as he focused on the Lab's door without making even the slightest sound.

Not one second later after 9 AM, Derek had the courage to knock on the door, causing Prof. Oak to come out and greet the group of trainers. "Ah, so you must be the new Pokemon Trainers. Welcome to my lab." the Prof. said. ~Yep.. Trainers.. That's us..~ Derek thought happily as he and the other Trainers stepped in and they positioned themselves in a line.

Derek was anxious to hear what had he gotten for starter Pokemon. As Oak approached Derek and said "And you are Derek Stone, I presume?" A sweat drop drooled down his back. He placed a gargantuan smile on his face as he stretched his hand to receive his first Pokemon. The whole placed appeared to be muted to him, and the only words to be heard were "That is Pikachu. I think the two of you will get along very well."

As the Professor gave Derek the Pokeball with a Pokemon inside, Derek stared at it in awe. He couldn't beleive it. He now officially was a Pokemon Trainer. He smiled to himself as he looked up to receive a Pokedex and some Pokeballs, both of which he placed in his Pocket and around a belt. He then heard the Professor asking for questions, but Derek didn't bother asking. He was again staring down at his Pokeball. He started giving a few steps back without focusing on his path, just looking down at his Pokeball.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    PROLOGUE
    Professor Oak's Lab (cont.)

Professor Oak, happy that he had informed the Trainers and that they had no questions, he was very happy that such a bright young group of Trainers were beginning their Journies. They had a lot of potential, that much was certain. It was just a question of whether they would use it or not.

"Yes, that is all," He said, referring to Jack's question.

Looking at the others, he dismissed them from his lab.

"Well," The Professor told them. "You are free to go now! A world of dreams and adventures awaits with Pokemon. Get to it!"

And, just like that, he walked towards the door to his lab, letting the Trainers leave as they desired.

"Oh, and before you all take off," Oak told them. "Your best bet is probably Route 1. It is rather close by, and it leads to Viridian City. Now be off! And good luck filling that Pokedex!"

With no words after that, Oak watched as the Trainers left his lab, starting their very own, epic, Pokemon Journies.

===========================================================

Chapter 1
    Route 1

OOC: This is where the game starts to get a little freeform. Basically, on your trip along Route 1 (from Pallet Town to Viridian City), you will get two "Turns", or posts. On these posts you can do ONE of the following, each:
    1) Train your Pokemon (solo, against wild Pokemon, or against random Trainers)
    2) Catch a wild Pokemon
    3) Look for items
    4) Battle each other (although this takes a considerable amount of time, since it is back and forth between posts. This is recommended right off.)
    Or you can basically do any other thing you can think off. You guys can work together and team up, or "go it alone", so to speak. For any one of these things you do, however, keep in mind that the longer and more detailed your post is, the better your odds are of you performing the task successfully.

The guideline for these posts is at least a few solidly constructed paragraphs. Grammar and descriptions, as well as additional length, help a lot.​

Remember, though, that you can only do ONE of those things at a time. This is why you get two posts each, so you can do more than one thing. After everybody has posted once, I will come in to decide if you guys succeeded in what you were doing or how well you did. So please, if catching wild Pokemon, don't actually catch them. Instead, just throw the Pokeball, after battling them, and I will tell you if you got it or not, based on the quality and length of your post. Enjoy! (PM me with any questions).​

Description

This is a relatively short, grassy path filled with wild Pidgeys and Rattatas, who are just ready to attack new Pokemon Trainers who get in their way.
    There are some trees and small streams with the occasional boulder, but, in general, the route is moslty filled with walking paths surrounded by tall grass.
    It is an afternoon's trek from Pallet Town to Viridian City.

Wild Pokemon

Pidgey - 016

Level: 3-5
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye or Tangled Feet
    Attacks: Tackle, Sand Attack (5)
    Nature: Random

Rattata - 019

Level: 3-5
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Run Way or Guts
    Attacks: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack (4)
    Nature: Random

Last edited:

Fighting Infernape

Infernape Master
    Years
  • When Aaron was walking towards route one, he saw a Pidgey looking at him. It was Aaron's chance to catch his first pokemon so he threw out his single pokeball and Squirtle came out of the pokeball.

"Alright Squirtle, use tackle now!" hollered Aaron in an excitedly way.

Squirtle charged towards the Pidgey but the Pidgey dodged it by flying high in the air. Aaron looked surprised towards the Pidgey and then suddenly, the Pidgey flew towards Squirtle in a high speed.

"Alright Squirtle, watch out for Pidgey and used tackle," said Aaron.

Squirtle charged towards Pidgey again and then when the Pidgey was about to fly high in the sky, Squirtle jumped behind the Pidgey and knocked it against its body.

"Alright Squirtle come back now," said Aaron. "Go pokeball!"

Aaron grabbed one of the empty pokeballs from his pocket and then he threw it towards the nearly fainted Pidgey. The pokeball locked the Pidgey inside and then it started moving. The pokeball suddenly stopped and when Aaron picked it up, he was so excited that he jumped five times in the air.

Aaron was so excited that he took a break for awhile to catch his breath and then he started walking again.
    ===========================================================================
    Aaron kept on walking for awile and then he suddenly had a feeling of running towards Viridian City so he did that. Aaron kept on running so fast that he stumbled over a log and fell on the sandy rugged ground. When he got up from the ground he saw that he had a scratch on his leg, he felt it if there was any blood coming out but there wasn't any so he kept on walking.

Aaron basicly walked for the whole evening and then suddenly he saw a sign saying, "Welcome to Viridian City." When he was done reading the sign he grabbed a black marker from his bag and wrote "I'm Here First You Guys Lost!" When Aaron was done, he busted out laughing and stopped right there until someone else came towards his way.

OCC: Hey I added the dash to seperate my two posts or "turns."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    OOC:
    To Fighting Infernape: You might've missed it in the rules, but you have to wait on your second post, buddy, until everyone else posts along Route 1 at least once. Sorry for the confusion.

I'll go ahead and mod your Pidgey capture, though, but you can redo it if you wish. It is a bit short.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    OOC: Then please, if you would, edit the second part of your post out. You can post it up after everyone else has posted. Also, I'll let you off the hook this time, but if you'd like to successfully capture a Pokemon in the future, you are going to make your posts much longer. Thanks man.

_Diego//

Caminaré entre las piedras
    Years
  • "This.. This is my first Pokemon" Derek said as he stretched his hand to the front and eyed his newly acquired Pokemon. ~Pikachu...~ he thought as a smile appeared on his face. ~Time to meet you~. Derek then threw the Pokeball on his fist to the ground and watched it open and release a body of white light. Derek's eyes sparkled in happiness when the blob of light took shape and then revealed itself as a Pikachu.

The Pikachu had all the normal traits a Pikachu would have, except for two facts. The end of his tail had a jagged outline, making it look like a small saw. The cuts that made it look like a saw weren't too deep, though, so it wasn't very noticeable. The other fact was that the Pikachu was slightly smaller in size. Not by much, but it was still easy to be diferentiated from the standard size of a Pikachu.

Pikachu examined and sniffed the area around, like if it was the first time he had seen the outside of a Pokeball. It scratched his head curiously and thoughtfully as he continued to look around, but stopped when he made eye contact with Derek.

Derek placed a very large grin on his face as he approached the yellow mouse Pokemon, then kneeled on one knee so he could take a look at Pikachu better. "Hey, Pikachu. My name is Derek. I'm your new Pokemon Trainer now" Derek said in a polite, warm and friendly tone as he smiled at the Pikachu, which stared curiously at him. "Pika-Pi?" The Pikachu murmured to himself as he twisted his head to a side slowly and fixed his eyes on Derek. "I hope we become very good friends" Derek said as he pulled out his Pokedex and recorded the information on Pikachu, then quickly placed it back on his pocket. "Pikachu!!" The Pikachu yelped merrily and with a smile on his face as he jumped to Derek's shoulder and held himself tight so he wouldn't fall. "Oh.. You don't like being in a Pokeball?" Derek asked. He was about to return Pikachu to his Pokeball, but the Pikachu rejected the ball and stayed on Derek's shoulder.

Derek hadn't heard of any Pokemon being kept out of his Pokeball, but it could be fun to try. He knew Pokeballs allowed the Pokemon not to grow tired and slowly recover themselves, so there were some risks in not having your Pokemon in a Pokeball. Pikachu however rejected entering a Pokeball. "Fine, whatever you say" Derek said as he put his Pokeball away; for he wanted to please his new Pokemon and friend. "Pikachu!" the Pikachu said happilly as he sniffed and examined Derek. Derek just smiled to himself as he made his way to Route 1. He ventured in the tall grass, ready for any Pokemon that might appear to attack. He then noticed the Trainers he had received their Pokemon along with him were going at the same pace as him; though some were already past him and near Viridian City and some were just slightly behind.

"Be ready to attack, Pikachu." Derek said to his partner Pokemon, which replied with a simple and cutting "Pika". As the Pikachu said this, his cheeks released a slight jolt in front of them, meaning the pikachu was ready for anything. Derek walked on the grass cautiously and examining his surroundings, trying to make sure nothing got him by surprise. Out of the blue, a Trainer popped out and threw a Pokeball at the ground. The trainer was dressed in a plain T-Shirt, shorts, sandals, a hat, and a bug net. "Hey!" he yelled to Derek. " I see you have a Pokemon. I challenge you to a Pokemon battle!"
    "Huh? Me?" Derek asked incredulous as he searched around to be sure the Trainer was referring to him. "Of course you! Go Weedle!" The Trainer exclaimed as a Weedle formed in front of where the Pokeball was thrown. ~My first Pokemon battle!~ Derek thought excitedly as he jumped up and down slightly. "Go Pikachu!"

The Pikachu jumped from Derek's shoulder and landed gracefully on the ground and in front of the Weedle. The two Pokemon locked their gazes, both concentrated on each other. The Bug catcher decided to make the first move. "Weedle, String shot!" the Trainer exclaimed. His worm Pokemon then stretched up as a small white ball of silk appeared on his mouth. The Weedle then shot out a a thick string of silk, which managed to connect with Pikachu, wrapping his arms around his body and cutting his speed. Pikachu then struggled wildly as he tried to break free from the gasp of the silk.

"Great!" The Trainer exclaimed. "Pikachu, hold on there.. Relax.." Derek said to his Pokemon calmly. Pikachu then took a deep breath. You could see the small Pokemon's chest and stomach expand and contract slowly from underneath the white silk. "Wait for the attack.." Derek added.

"Weedle, Poison sting!" the Trainer yelled, beleiving he had the battle in his hands. It was foolish to beleive that, because Derek already knew what to do. The Weedle then launched itself like a spear towards the Pikachu. The Worm Pokemon was moving at a great speed, and the spike on his head seemed to be very sharp. "Pikachu, use growl!" Derek commanded. The Pikachu did as ordered and , effectively, Growled at Weedle. The speed that Weedle had been going at was suddenly cut, nearly halved, decreasing the strength of the attack. Derek now was confident that even if the attack hit, it wouldn't do much damage to his Pokemon, unless it got a status condition.

"Pikachu, don't move!" Derek then yelled to Pikachu, who was still under the effects of the String shot attack. The Weedle's spike soon connected to Pikachu, but he took no damage. Not only had the attack been weakened by growl, but instead of making a direct contact with the mouse Pokemon it simply scratched the Silk away, allowing Pikachu to move at normal speed again.

It all happened as planned, but a bonus was added to this strategy. "Weedle, use string Shot again!" the Trainer yelled desperately at his Pokemon, but this time the Worm Pokemon didn't move.. At all. "What's going on?!" The trainer asked frantically as he tried to get his Weedle to move at least the slightest bit.

"Pikachu's.. Pikachu's Static paralyzed Weedle.." Derek realized. He then grinned mischievously as he stretched his arm and pointed at the Weedle. "Pikachu.. Thundershock!"

"Pika..." Pikachu then yelped as is became surrounded in blue and yellow sparks. "Chuuuuu!" Pikachu exclaimed as a blue jolt shout out of his cheeks and hit the completely immobilized Weedle. As soon as the electric attack connected, the Weedle wasn't paralyzed anymore, but was now struggling in the ground desperately as it took the Thundershock. The Weedle soon fainted and ended up literally toasted. "No!" The Bug catcher exclaimed sadly. He ran over to his Weedle, then returned it to the Pokeball. "I was defeated.."

Pikachu then returned to Derek's shoulder, only having received minimal damage. "Good battle" Derek said kindly as he approached the bug catcher and stretched his hand for a handshake. Instead of shaking his hand, however, the Bug Catcher placed some prize money on Derek's hand, then ran away without saying a word. Derek shrugged, then stared at his Pikachu. "That was Awesome!" he yelled out very happily. He had now won his first Pokemon battle. His Pikachu, too, seemed stronger than what he was a while ago, even though it might just have been Derek's imagination.

Derek took a deep breath and continued to walk with a smile on his face.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    OOC:
    To Diegoyayi: Congratulations! You put up a very good post, my friend. Your Pikachu grew to Level 7! Keep up the good work man! That's a good first turn!

Posts Needed From: Trainer Kat, Zimvee

Years
  • Hey, I read the first post and I saw that you need one more person to 100% complete your roleplay. I'm signing up to fill the spot.

Character Name: Adrian Davis
    Birth Date: July 4th, 1991

Apperance: Adrian is a 6 foot 7 inch male with green eyes and black corn rows. He wears a green bandana with a black hat. He wears a silver chain necklace with a green shirt and a black overshirt. He wears green pants with white and green shoes. He has a black tribal tattoo over his right eye. He wears black glasses to sort of cover it from public. On his silver chain necklace, he has a christain cross to remember to one who created him. On the bottom of his pants, he has green streaks and faded spots all over.

Personality: His personality is very unique to himself. He's a rotten and snotty person who disliked everything except for pokemon, he hated his friends and his parents also. He thought his personality was unique for him but it all changed when he met a girl in school. When he met the girl, his personality changed. Now his a nice, sweet, and kind gentlemen who recieves and gives presents and money for free for anybody that is in his family or part of his friend group.

History: Adrian was born sixteen years ago. When he moved to Pallet Town when he was just five years old, he started to draw pictures of his parents pokemon and any other pokemon that came towards him when he was outside enjoying his peace and quiet.

When Adrian started his kindergarden years, he was mean to everybody in his class, the teacher, the guys, even the wonderful ladies. Everyday after school, he was in detention. His detention classroom was just a door with a window and all four walls.

When he was in 1st grade, he was the same mean and non-forgiving Adrian he was in his kindergarden years but it was worse. He was stealing items from his school and from houses arounf his own house.

When he was in 3rd grade, his life started to change when he met the girl of his dreams. The girl changed his whole life, now he is a nice and care-giving man that would give people anything they wanted. When he came home one day, his parents was so proud of him that his school grades were improving every month.

When he was in his 4th grade years, him and the girl who changed his life, dated each other until one day when they were both in the 8th grade, she met another man who was more smarter than Adrian. Now since he had the women of his dreams out of his life, he decided to explore his world and become a pokemon trainer.

Preferred Starter: The only pokemon that's available which is Bulbasaur.

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
  • Bobby walked out of Pallet Town with small spring in his step. After about 15min of walking on Route 1 Bobby stopped and released Charmander again. "Hi buddy," Bobby said "I'm your new trainer." Charmander replied with a cute "Char!" Bobby laughed happily.

Suddenly he noticed a young boy looking at him and he got up embaressed. "What are you lookin at kid?" he yelled. "Oh just noticing you and your Charmander. My names Andrew." "...Bobby" "Hey want to have a battle? I'm also new." "Sure, why not i'v got some time to kill."

Andrew threw out a purple rat like pokemon. "What is that?" Bobby asked. "That is my Rattata." "Cool," Bobby said "Go Charmander Growl!" Charmander's growl froze Rattata in fear. "Excellent! Now Scratch!" "Not so fast! Rattata dodge and Tackle!" Charmander's attack missed and was hit full force with the tackle. "Charmander!" "Finish it, another Tackle!" "Charmander wait right there..." Bobby ordered. Charmander waited in a battle position while Rattata was coming closer. "Not yet... not yet..." Bobby muttered "Now bring your Scratch straight down!" A direct and critical hit Rattata was out cold.

"Oh Rattata!" Andrew cried. "Looks like you won..." "Yeah but it was a close fight. You're gonna make a great trainer someday." "Really?" Andrew said hopefully. "You bet! And when you do become a great trainer I want to battle you again." Bobby exclaimed. "Its a deal" Andrew shouted as Bobby and Charmander walked on with smiles on.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    OOC:
    To Zimvee: That was a decent training post. You Charmander grew to Level 6 because of it! I will update your Stats.

Oh, and just one suggestion for you. When posting dialogue, make sure that when you make a new character speak that they start their speech on a new line. Example:

"Hello, how are you?" Bobby asked.

"I'm fine," Mark replied.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
  • "C'mon…Pokéball now, please." Eevee, who had once been perched gently on Jack's shoulder, now sat in the dirt at his feet. Her owner thrust a Pokéball towards her in a futile attempt to wrestle her back in. In response, the evolution Pokémon shrouded her face with her tail, shaking her head vigorously. Already, Jack was becoming annoyed with his partner's refusal to return to the ball. "Pokémon stay in Pokéballs. You're a Pokémon." Once more, he shoved the sphere into her face, causing her to back up slowly, all whilst giving him a frightened look. A sigh of exasperation passed Jack's lips as he tucked Eevee's Pokéball into a side pocket on his bag. The little Pokémon scampered up to Jack's shoulder, letting out a small yawn before settling back down. He had to admit, he was a little fed up with the Pokémon, but quickly shrugged the feeling off upon remembering that some Pokémon do prefer to stay by their trainers' sides. He looked towards Route 1. Once again, he would be the last person to arrive in Viridian – already, the other three trainers had departed, leaving him behind to fiddle with his Eevee. Of course, he wasn't about to stay here and have everyone else beat the gym before he could. In a flash, everything that had been loose was shoved haphazardly into his bag, and he shuffled off towards Route 1.

And, while Route 1 was only their first obstacle, that didn't mean it would be a cakewalk. Several times, Eevee got knocked off of Jack's shoulder by a low-hanging branch. He figured her tail probably hurt from all the times he had grabbed hold of it in a last-ditch effort to save her from falling. If this was true, however, she didn't vocalize it. Instead, she pressed her nose against Jack's cheek and ran her tongue across his skin. Immediately, he frowned, silently protesting her display of affection.

The path was riddled with Pidgeys and Rattatas – had Jack wanted, he could have caught one of them, but weak Pokémon didn't really appeal to him (in fact, he wondered why anybody would be caught dead with a Route 1 Pokémon). His thoughts were interrupted, however, when a boy in what appeared to be a suit emerged from the bushes. With one look at Jack, a sinister smile spread across the boy's pale face. With grayish-black eyes, and a hair color to match, this boy reminded Jack very much of a ghost…he was certain the boy owned a Gastly.

"That your Eevee?" his voice was cold, and sent a small shudder down Jack's back.

"Yeah. She's mine."

"Then…what would you say to a battle? One on one." Jack turned his head to look at Eevee. In response, she leapt off of his back and into the tall grass. Her head lowered, and her tail erect, she looked quite different from the Eevee he had seen moments ago. The boy, in turn, sent out his Pokémon – what appeared to be a purple rabbit. A single spike protruded from its forehead, and darker purple spots were scattered across its body. Jack withdrew the Pokédex from his back pocket and pointed it at the other's Pokémon. A smooth, female voice spoke.

Nidoran Male. The Poison Pin Pokémon. It scans its surroundings by raising its ears out of the grass. Its toxic horn is for protection.

"So…" Jack mumbled. "The horn is poisonous." Looking up, he noticed the rabbit charging his Eevee. "Eevee! Watch out for that horn!" Eevee leapt to the side, just narrowly avoiding the Nidoran's Poison Sting attack. She resumed her former position, ready to attack. "Now, Tackle!" His command was sharp, and pierced the quiet air. The evolution Pokémon ran towards her opponent, slamming into him with her side. The rabbit rolled a few inches away before springing upright once more, and attacking Eevee. This time, she wasn't so lucky. His horn struck her directly in the chest, sending her flying backwards before landing roughly at Jack's feet.

"Eevee, get up." His voice was cool and unyielding. It was not a request – it was an order. By his tone, it appeared as though he wasn't concerned for Eevee's safety…he just wanted to win. The Pokémon struggled to stand, but finally, she was able to get onto all four legs. Still, she tried to catch her breath, as she was heaving pretty badly. "You can't take much more. Tackle it now!" Weakly, Eevee leapt towards the opponent, but the Nidoran quickly slapped her away with his own body weight. She skidded away, but was quick to get back up, despite the tremors passing through her limbs. It was then that Jack noticed the boy's eyes. They were merciless…almost insane. He actually enjoyed the pain he was causing Eevee. Looking down, the Nidoran's eyes were exactly the same.

"Eevee, give it everything you've got. Tackle it with all your strength!" In one final maneuver, Eevee charged her enemy, hitting him squarely in the side. This time, the move worked. Nidoran rolled onto his back and ceased movement, signaling the end of the battle. The boy scowled, recalling Nidoran.

"Worthless piece of junk!" He growled before turning to Jack. "You have a cell phone, right? Gimme your number. I want a rematch some day." Of course, Jack obliged. As the boy left, Jack squatted down to Eevee, lightly stroking her fur. She climbed back up to his shoulder, curling up and shutting her eyes. For once, Jack didn't complain. This time, she had earned it.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    To Trainer Kat: Excellent post, my friend. I was really impressed by your imagery as well as your attention to detail! Keep up the awesome work. Eevee grew to Level 8! Eevee learned Sand Attack!
    Beware, though, that there is a Level cap of 8, here on Route 1. I will update your Stats.

To PokeUser45: I am accepting your post under the condition that you have read ALL of the rules, as well as all of the posts up to this point, because you have missed the beginning of the RPG (also, please add a bit to your Personality). Also, you MUST role-play how you recieved your Pokemon from Professor Oak as well as your first post through Route 1, all in one post.

You should also make a Trainer Card for your character. If you need help finding a site, just let me know. Otherwise, welcome aboard! Like I said though, read all of the other posts first to get an idea of how the game is played and what you need to do. It is your duty to catch up to everyone else right now (in one post, if possible).

Last edited:
    Years
  • When Adrian woke up to the sunrise from Pallet Town, he got out of his bed because he knew it was the day, the day to pick his first pokemon to start his very own pokemon adventure. Adrian walked downstairs to eat his breakfast his mother made for him but he was really excited to get his first pokemon so he skipped breakfast and headed towards Professor Oak's laboratory.

He was walking inside the pokemon laboratory later after and when he was walking towards Professor Oak, Professor Oak started talking.

"Well, who do we have here?" asked Professor Oak.
    "You don't remember me Professor, you liked my pokemon drawings," said Adrian.
    "Oh yes I remember now, you are Adrian, I used to have your parents as students," said Professor Oak.
    "That's right," said Adrian. "Can I get my pokemon?"
    "Yes you may Adrian, here is your Bulbasaur," said Professor Oak.
    "Awesome!" said Adrian in an excited way.
    "Here is your pokedex and your five pokeballs," said Professor Oak. "Remember to use the pokeballs wisely Adrian and make sure you attack your pokemon before catching them"
    "Okay Professor Oak, I'll do that," said Adrian while he was walking out the laboratory door.

Adrian walked outside the door and he started heading towards Route 1.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When Adrian was walking in Route 1, he suddenly found a wild Pidgey so he brought out his Bulbasaur to attack the wild Pidgey. Adrian told Bulbasaur to use its Tackle to attack the Pidgey. The Pidgey flew up high and used its Tackle attack to attack Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur got knocked down to the ground and then he quickly got up off of the ground.

When Bulbasaur got up from the ground, Adrian told Bulbasaur to use Tackle again to attack the wild Pidgey. The Pidgey flew up high again and it used Tackle again on Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur got up from the ground one more time and then it got mad at the Pidgey so it used Tackle to attack the wild Pidgey without Adrian commanding it.

The Pidgey was churping like it was laughing at Bulbasaur and then it used Sand Attack to lower Bulbasaur's accuracy. Bulbasaur felt weak for a few seconds and then suddenly Bulbasaur got up from its hind legs and charged towards the wild Pidgey. The wild Pidgey tried to fly up high but Bulbasaur was just in time to attack it.

The wild Pidgey was trying to get up from the ground from the fierce attack Bulbasaur left for it but when it got up, it suddenly tried to attack Bulbasaur but when it flew towards Bulbasaur, it suddenly fell down on the ground. After the battle against the wild Pidgey, Adrian returned Bulbasaur to its own pokeball and then he kept on walking in Route 1.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    OOC:
    To PokeUser45: Seeing as you arrived late, you will, sadly, be only getting one chance to post along Route 1. I'm sorry, but for the sake of the RPG going smoothly and timely, that is how it must go. So go ahead and post whenever you are ready.

To Everyone: You can now post your second posts along Route 1! Just be sure that your post ends at the entrance to Viridian City, and don't actually go into the city yet. That includes you too, PokeUser45. Once everyone has posted along Route 1, I will then open up Viridian City, where you can buy items, visit the Pokemon Center and do many other things!

Years
  • When Adrian was still walking on Route 1, Adrian sent out Bulbasaur for a little talk. When Bulbasaur came out of his pokeball, Adrian started talking to it.

"Hello Bulbasaur, it's a great day isn't it?" asked Adrian.
    "Bulba!" said Bulbasaur in an excited way.
    "Well now look it here Bulbasaur, there's the Viridian City," said Adrian.
    "Bulba, Bulbasaur!" said Bulbasaur in an excited way.

Adrian stopped talking to Bulbasaur and then Bulbasaur and him kept on walking until they arrived in Viridian City.

"Well Bulbasaur, do you like the sunrise?" asked Adrian.
    "Bulba, Bulba, Bulbasaur!" said Bulbasaur in an excited way.
    Well Bulbasaur, back to your pokeball you go because I see Viridian City up ahead," said Adrian.

Adrian made Bulbasaur return to its pokeball and started walking alone to Viridian City.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    To PokeUser45: That's a good edit! Good training post. Bulbasaur grew to Level 6! I'll update your Stats. And nice Trainer Card, by the way.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back