• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Chronicles: Sands Of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Btw, like how you use splices over scratches for your sprites. *pokes Drifblimp*

Thanks for begging me for a sprite to throw away. :D

Nice storyline - good luck. Have fun with your splices.

<>*Ralts*<>

I can't Raltz anymore...
    Years
    Hi guys, sorry for not checking in often, too caught up in my hack...
    anyways, what did I miss?

~Cynic is making progress in his hack just to let you guys know
    (I think??) ;)

~Raltz

RedBaron474

I don't even know
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    Btw, like how you use splices over scratches for your sprites. *pokes Drifblimp*

What????

~Cynic is making progress in his hack just to let you guys know (I think??) ;)

I sure hope so!! :)

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015

? I make scratch sprites. I don't think anyone here makes splices.

RedBaron474

I don't even know
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    Mine are mostly half and half . . . . sometimes more, sometimes less :)

RedBaron474

I don't even know
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    :( Well, countdown til' DOOMSDAY . . . . February 1, 2010 . . . .

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    Do what you like with your sprites.

I just don't understand why you beg me to sprite for you, I accept, you say thanks, I produce the sprite WITH HARD WORK AND USING UP TIME I COULD HAVE DONE OTHER, MORE IMPORTANT THINGS, and you happily accept the sprite and then throw it away over a splice without even informing me.

But, to be honest, I couldn't give a crap what the hell you do. I'm angry, yes.
    Good luck finishing this before February.

Feel free to delete this SPAM, Harry, but I had to get it out of my system. -feels like swearing-

I didn't... ask you... to spirite...

my name isn't harry...

Oh I'm Back Everyone

The hack isn't dead. I would never abandon it. I was just on holiday. I'm having router problems so getting online is pretty touch and go. I'm trying to get this moved to progressive hacks. Then I'l comment on everyone's hard work while i've been away.

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    lol, harry is the name of....The Doctor oO not u Cynic :P

also your not gonna make the Feb. 1st deadline if all you guys do is sprite :(
    try mapping and scripting for now, then try to insert these guys into empty slots :)

The Cynic

Years
    lol, harry is the name of....The Doctor oO not u Cynic :P

also your not gonna make the Feb. 1st deadline if all you guys do is sprite :(
    try mapping and scripting for now, then try to insert these guys into empty slots :)

Sorry, my dr. who knowledge is pitiful and personally I felt the xmas/new year episode was aweful compared to previous ones.

This porject will not be abandonned!!! Some pokemon will be removed from the game (eg. all the legendaries) to accomodate all the fakemon. In the meantime hopefully we can get moved, I'm just waiting on a reply from antony la. My wireless router is dodgy so my internet access is touch and go. Mapping cant begin till tiling is done.... which cant begin till we have all the fakemon. I'l upload my sketches when my router is in better condition. Once we are moved I'l comment on all your work individually. It really is terrific. I'v updated the first post by the way.

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Ok, dude you WILL NOT make the deadline if you hold back that much...
    forget about the sprites for now, work on the mapping without the tiles, and the scripting too. Tell me Cynic do you even have a scripter or can you script yourself? To make it to prog hacks you MUST have those two! Spriting is not nessicary at the moment, I like the amount of spriting effort going on here but seriously it not gonna get you far!

sorry if i sound harsh or anything i'm just trying to point out what must be done and what you gotta do to get it done. It would be a shame to see all the effort going into this be for nothing.

The Cynic

Years
    Ok, dude you WILL NOT make the deadline if you hold back that much...
    forget about the sprites for now, work on the mapping without the tiles, and the scripting too. Tell me Cynic do you even have a scripter or can you script yourself? To make it to prog hacks you MUST have those two! Spriting is not nessicary at the moment, I like the amount of spriting effort going on here but seriously it not gonna get you far!

sorry if i sound harsh or anything i'm just trying to point out what must be done and what you gotta do to get it done. It would be a shame to see all the effort going into this be for nothing.

I'l post some screenshots of basic ideas using tiles already available to the ruby ROM. They won't look very interesting. But it'l be an example of maping.

Ican script myself but I may need a better scripter later. I'l put my own name in the first post thanks.

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    kk, it doesn't need to look good :)
    But no one should be able to recognize it is a remap

RedBaron474

I don't even know
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    Dg's right about the spriting, but thats all I can do really good at the moment . . . . Sorry for not being able to help . . . . :)

The Cynic

Years
    Dg's right about the spriting, but thats all I can do really good at the moment . . . . Sorry for not being able to help . . . . :)

Thats fine, once we're hopefully moved we can return to spriting etc.

I've updated the 1st post with programs section and screenies section. That might boost our chances. Bear in mind the screenshot is only a general idea. The finished product will have better layout, custome tiles, custom sprites etc. eg. The post office will actually look like one

kittykitten

I'm a glitch
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 11, 2011
    Could i be a spriter? I do good decent sprites, but i need to make 13 more posts.

Years
    Sorry, my dr. who knowledge is pitiful and personally I felt the xmas/new year episode was aweful compared to previous ones.
    Nonononono.

The Doctor is the RH mod, Harry.

-facepalm-

And yeah, I think you should concentrate more on mapping and scripting > spriting if you're aiming to get in Prog. Hacks before the closure of the Scrapbox. :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back