• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Chronicles: The Seventh Sea

Novus

The English Kiwi
Years
  • Ok Ray ^_^

A quick update of a new feature I'm going to implement into the game.

Sky Ships
    Sky Ships are the revolutionary new way to travel in Crealic and are a mixture of a boat, a hot air balloon and part aircraft. Used by travellers, tourists and merchants as transport.
    Sky ships come in varying shapes and sizes with many different styles and varities.
    Unfortunately, with any new kind of transport there are always those who wish to disrupt and exploit. Sky pirates are amng those who prey on the week and vunerable, attcking other ships and taking whatever they find.

These are a few of my ideas for the Sky Ships and any suggestions are welcome.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Ok, I've been doing some mapping in RMXP and have converted my starter town from Sphere over to RMXP and made a few changes. I've replaced all the larger trees with Platinum style versions and this is what I got. Tell me what you think:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • The map turned out rather well. It looks how a starter town should- kinda plain and not too detailed- but I like it. It has a very official pokemon feel to it (these days, people (myself included) tend to try to do too much per map).
    Only complaint for this map would be to get rid of the pointless area with the stairs leading to nothing in the top left.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Thanks, good to know it looks good and also the pointless area is where there's going to be a little gang of children who'll help you out at the beginning of the story and eventually I want to have that they dig a little tunnel in the rock behind them which they will make into a little base kinda thing.

EDIT: Ok, quick update, I've mapped Route 1 (un-named yet, suggestions welcome) and I wanted to see what people think of it. It's nice and simple, at least I think so and constructive crit welcome.

Last edited:

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Thanks aquadon,

Ok, after I had done my Route 1 map, I realised that it was lacking something essential to a good pokemon map. A way to get back without having to go through loads of grass and so I added some stuff to my map and here is the revised Route 1 (will change name when I think of one):

Also, I'm currently working on some custom tiles, including flooring, paths, buildings and some other stuff in the style of Kyledove's tiles.

Waudby

I really like that map, it looks good and official and seems like it would fit into an official game quite easy. the tiles are looking nice as well.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Thanks for the support Waudby, it means alot coming from you, I've been following your game for ages.

Also, thanks for the encouragement Mystery Soul, it's great to hear people like my maps :)

Ok, I'm working on a new building, (apartment blocks) and I've made it but can't get the colours to look like Kyledove's but if I do get it finished to a standard I'm happy with, I'll post it here to see what people think of it.

Waudby

Thanks for the support Waudby, it means alot coming from you, I've been following your game for ages.

Also, thanks for the encouragement Mystery Soul, it's great to hear people like my maps :)

Ok, I'm working on a new building, (apartment blocks) and I've made it but can't get the colours to look like Kyledove's but if I do get it finished to a standard I'm happy with, I'll post it here to see what people think of it.

That's okay ^^

I look forward to seeing the new building. I will keep an eye out for this game in the future.

Did you say you were using Sphere at one point and stopped in favour of RMXP? If so, what was it about Sphere you found bad?

If you need any help, I'm available most days and can provide a bit of help where necessary.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • There was nothing wrong with Sphere, I actually found it easier than RMXP to use, especially for mapping but as this is my first project and I'm no good at scripting, I needed Poccil's Starter kit to get the game going.
    As I said, I actually prefer Sphere and if I can learn how to script in it than I'll be switching back to Sphere.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Thanks Ray,

Ok, I've made a new Platinum tree, it's a bit smaller than the old one so it can fit in two tiles instead of three and it's got softer and lighter colours and so (I think) makes it suits the rest of the tiles better.
    I've redone the starter town to incorporate the new trees and moved some things no more than a tile because of the different shaped trees.
    Here it is; Tell me if you like the new trees better than the old ones or not.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Thanks LynnCreed, anyone else prefer the new trees better than the older darker ones?

Also, I've made a decision to try and learn to script in Sphere and if all goes well, I'll be switching over to Sphere as I find it easier to use.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    This is A.M.AZ.I.N.G!Wolfy,you already have my respect,what else i can give you?I hope i can help in any way!

Back