• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Church

Bly DX

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    Yea I was wondering about it since I first traveled to Heartrome on my Diamond and it somehow had some refence to the Sinnoh legend.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2007
    When I first saw...

When I first saw that Church I thought that the crazy far right groups will attack Pokemon about this. That why I haven't done a faq about Sinnoh on my website.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Ye I checked it out awhile ago, nothing of much importance here...

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
    It was confusing and made no sense a pokechurch is kinda wierd imho, but yea i noticed it as well and to this moment it has no use as except to take up space in the game

Kayke™

Banned
    Years
    My guess is they just wanted to make it a more life-like city. It seems to serve no purpose, but it does add to the atmosphere I suppose.

Karonte

YAY PLATINUM IS HERE^^
    Years
    Some of the new legendaries are kinda religion related though:

Arceus~God
    Darkrai~Devil
    Shaymin~Jeseus
    Cresillia~Mary
    The 3 lake pokemon~The holy trinity
    Dialga and palkia~Holy spirit.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    It is the only place i know off in Sinnoh that has no sound in it.

I don't really think it has a purpose but it does make the city seem more realistic.

Maybe it will have some importance to the anime, so thats why it is there.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    When I first saw it, I didn't think it was very significant. I mean, the people in it said weird things and I didn't think they were relevant to Pokemon or the any of the Legendaries.

I could be wrong though...

lightdash

Odd...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008

I don't really think it has a purpose but it does make the city seem more realistic.

So far in the anime, there was absolutely no mention of the church. Maybe in later episodes after they pass through Pastoria City and back to Hearthome City.

But yeah, I'll second the reason. It tries to make the city more realistic and active. I must say that I felt it was a great idea on their part to include a different type of building.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years

Obviously it's just there so you can create manly tunes on your badges without background noise. :P

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    Obviously it's just there so you can create manly tunes on your badges without background noise. :P
    You can never make manly tunes with only an octave of notes. =P

Anyways, my best guess is that it's there for something in the 3rd installment of D/P, either that, or it's just those houses with people that don't give you anything lol.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    You can never make manly tunes with only an octave of notes. =P

Anyways, my best guess is that it's there for something in the 3rd installment of D/P, either that, or it's just those houses with people that don't give you anything lol.
    Are you questioning my manliness? I can make manly tunes with just one note.

LukarioFlame

Quikario's 31 Fan. It pwns.
    Years
    Lawl. Manliness is a subject that none shall conquest.
    MAN LAW!
    Oooh! Cookies!
    Ow, Hot! Mommy kiss it!

Back