• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Citrine

How many betas should i use, i plan on an Alpha, 2 Betas and then i final release

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Well seems like it is time for an update.

I posted a title screen a while back that was a FR standard, well when i tryed to do the insertion and what not the image was too small, after i figured out Emeralds Title screen size(256x256) i made this.(lookie in attachments)

The time till the Beta release is getting closer by the day, i am scripting up some people and signs and a few other scripts. But i still need a decent OW maker.

I have decided to not post screens this time as since we are so close to the release, i think you can wait i little longer :D.

emo_child

i liek pie :D
    Years
  • the screenies look amazing cant wait to dl the alpha test it out keep up the great work kahos

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Hmm...
    No updates for a while. :\
    Have you been working on this? Or are you too lazy like me? :P
    Good Luck~

KhaosKnight

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    the screenies look amazing cant wait to dl the alpha test it out keep up the great work khaos

fixed name....well thank you very mush for your support, i hope to see many more fans like you in the future.

Hmm...
    No updates for a while. :\
    Have you been working on this? Or are you too lazy like me? :P
    Good Luck~

Well right now i am facing a little bit of hackers block and i am not feeling the inspiration to hack.....plus i have school and work so that takes alot out of me as well, and there is the stuff that goes on at PHF but that is a different story.

Plus, i am still looking for an OW spriter for Attila and Hun.....i may also want the hero and heroine recolored from the green in there clothes to orange....

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Wow. That looks fun. But have you considered changing the weather
    once or twice? For instance, in my hack White Beach and the south part
    of Mt. Apennine are snowy, but the snow and cold wind is blocked by
    the southern exterior of Icy Path, making the North part of the route comfortably temperate, and Venicia City actually warm.
    I'm not saying you need a whole lot of variety, but is it going
    to be snowy everywhere? Just throwing it out there.

KhaosKnight

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Remember what Khaos Knight said?

He saids that he doesn't care about the tiles.

Actually i didnt say i didnt care about the tiles...what i said was:

From this i gathered, "i dont like this hack, change the tiles" - or- "I dont see anything of interest in this hack, by the way change the tiles"

And my is answer is, No! I like the snowy tiles, plus since this is an Emerald hack i plan to keep the R/S/E tiles, i went through a lot to get them the way they are. And no that doesnt mean that in the furture that the hacks i make are gonna contain the same tiles, its just that for this one i like the snow :D

But thank you for sticking up for me. And to all, about my name is "Khaos" as in Chaos but with a "K"

Wow. That looks fun. But have you considered changing the weather
    once or twice? For instance, in my hack White Beach and the south part
    of Mt. Apennine are snowy, but the snow and cold wind is blocked by
    the southern exterior of Icy Path, making the North part of the route comfortably temperate, and Venicia City actually warm.
    I'm not saying you need a whole lot of variety, but is it going
    to be snowy everywhere? Just throwing it out there.

Acually it is not going to be snowing everywhere, the more you venture to the North western part of the region it get a little warmer as there is Entei's Volcano there :D. But the southern part where you live and all along the south through Seabreeze Town is going to be snowy. But yes there is going to be wether differentiation throughout the reagion of Citrine :D

HEY KHAOS IT'S ME (HOWL) FROM PHF SO THIS IS CITRINE ON PC WELL IT SEEMS GOOD ONLY THING IS i'M BEGGING YOU ADD MORE TILES...PLEASE..LOL
    NO BUT REALLY GOOD JOB.

Its nice to see you and thanks for the complement, but please no more caps. And i am still learning the basics of making tiles and stuff, but as you read in the above statement the entire region is not going to be snowing. I cant help it if i love the snow guys :D

KhaosKnight

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Hey guys, i have been busy with trying to make this hack a good enough beta. So i have decided to drop by with an update of sorts.

Here is a concept design of the Attila OW Sprite

Pokemon Citrine

Tell me what you guys think, its not finished yet, like i said its just a concept design. But i appreciate all comments.

Oh and i know that this hasnt had a post in some time, so i will make another thread if needed, i didnt see anything in the rules about Thread length for the thread owner, so just let me know, Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2011
    Hey. Haven't been on in forever. I've been really busy with work and stuff, and now, with my computer not charging, it's even harder to get on.

Just wondering how the game is coming along. :)

8th Wonder™

റിപ്പബ്ല? ??ക്ക്
    Years
  • I got pretty concerned with the fact that this is a hack of Emerald, due to it being very glitchy O.o
    I loled at Team Attila and Team Hun... though it's sortta corny...
    Well, best of luck is all I can say left.

KhaosKnight

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Hey. Haven't been on in forever. I've been really busy with work and stuff, and now, with my computer not charging, it's even harder to get on.

Just wondering how the game is coming along. :)

Hey Cirothe, the game is coming along great, right now im just waiting on some sprites.

I got pretty concerned with the fact that this is a hack of Emerald, due to it being very glitchy O.o
    I loled at Team Attila and Team Hun... though it's sortta corny...
    Well, best of luck is all I can say left.

Emerald is not glitchy, you just have to be carefull were you point the map data. Emerald is just Ruby with a few new scripts and graphic updates, and im not just saying that, it really IS ruby. You can just call Emerald a Rom Hack of Ruby i supposed. Anyway, if you know how to work with it you can make it just as good as a Ruby or FireRed hack.

Hey guys sorry for the no update in awhile.

I have been studying about how Emerald works and have decided to completely re-map out everything on a new ROM and re-point the data properly so prevent as much glitches and such, this has been taking awhile so the release will take alot longer than i have planned. I want the 1st beta to be a good release so im trying not to rush things. I didnt have many complex scripts in the current version so re-scripting wont take very long. I am also working on a title screen and some sprites.

Sorry for the long wait, and the even longer one after this, thanks to all those who still support this project.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back