• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon:Clans (name in progress)

Waudby

-Intro-

I've started a new project, and have closed work on Pokemon Opal, this game is set to be nice better than Opal in nearly every aspect. After trying to completly overhaul the Opal engine, i decided to start a new game from sratch and aim for the results to look like the Opal engine, i believe I have suceeded, although not all the functions from Opal are working yet, I have already made the systems run faster and implemented a few new features.
    This game is being made in Sphere.

-Story-

You take on the role, of a teenager. You wake up one morning and your mother says that a small clan of pokemon trainers have just arrived in town and they are looking for new members to join. She isn't too sure on the details, however she permits you to travel out and see these trainers.

You travel out and meet the trainers. They explain what they are looking for. After hearing the details of their journey, you decide you would like to join, however you don't have a pokemon yet.

You visit, the Professor on the way home, and ask if you could borrow a pokemon. He tells you, you are in luck because him and one of his assistants have just been out and found 3 pokemon, these are the starters you can choose.

After choosing this starter, you travel back to the group of trainers in hope of joining, however, another kid has got there first. You aproach the trainers and ask if the position is still open, and they say that, to get in you need to battle this other trainer, if you win, the position is yours, however if you lose, the position is gone(don't worry, it doesn't matter if you lose, there are more clans out there)

IF you win, the trainers tell you to visit the Bases around the region and gain ranks from each leader. These bases are secret and only by recieving the necessary rank can you find the next one. Each leader will give out clues to where the next base is.

If you lose, the trainers leave, they will be in their base in the next town, so when you are ready, you can approach them again, and forfill their task. This will enter you into the clan.

As you pass through the game, rival clans will challange you and your clan. Each of these clan wars, can help in different ways.

There are 12 ranks to achieve through out the game, but you can also lose ranks, if you do not fight up to par with rival clans etc.

-Features-

1. Clan system(obviously) - The higher up the ranks you go, the more often you participate in clan wars etc.

2. Day/night system - Runs in real time.

3. Day system - different events happen on different days, runs by the day on your computer.

4. Berry System - Just like in the official games.

5.CBS - Similar to that of the official games, i have a few ideas planned for it however.

There are loads more features, and im still coming up with even more.

-Screenshots-

Pokemon:Clans (name in progress)

As you can see some of the systems aren't fully finished yet. These screens are only to give you a small idea of what to expect. As of yet, the map work is just a few official maps.

-Team Members-

Im currently, doing this by myself. I have no real art skills, so im looking for a spriter, aand im not too bad at mapping, but a mapper would be helpful.

If you are interested please feel free to ask me about any positions.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    Yay! First to reply on this great game!

I love the idea of joining clans and finding the next bases. I'm rooting for you! Keep up the good work!

:t131:Micklo

Are those screenshots jpegs? Don't post them like that; it distorts the quality!

Merovin

Dragon Master!
    Years
  • Hey, looks good so far, loving the idea of joining a clan and participating in clan wars!
    Day and Night = Rad
    should be good, cant wait for next update!

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • @Chris-h11 - This is Game Development, these games are made using appropriate programs and programmed completely by us and are not rom hacks, rom hacks have their own place here at PC.

Nice game waudby, hope you are still working on Chromatite :)

Mclenz

Master Mclenz
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2015
    I've been spriting for 8 years. If you need my help PM me. I have absolutely no mapping skills though.

Back