• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Clubs Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
  • I think the acronym has been changed to PoC so it isn't confused with the PokéCommunity acronym, and I also think Pokémon General will become PG now instead of PGen :I

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    How would people feel about moderator-run clubs that can be taken on by others? For example a moderator would start a club for fighting types and upkeep it until a member wants to take it over and run it on their own? There'd be a lot to work out, but what do people think about the basic concept?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Like you did with Sinnoh fan club? That's good idea but you're the only moderator in this section so that would require lot of work from you.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Like you did with Sinnoh fan club? That's good idea but you're the only moderator in this section so that would require lot of work from you.

I agree, you're already so busy as it is Alex, you never stop! xD; but other than that I think its a great, idea or perhaps, to solve the workload, some of Pokemon Club's most active/helpful/contributive members begin to do what you suggested. That way, the workload is spread evenly..

I am still getting used to the fact that Pokemon Groups is now known as Pokemon Clubs. The day it changed, I logged on and literally was scrolling pu the page 4 - 5 times looking for Pokemon Groups, completely missing the board and its new name. xD

Olli

Years

• I agree, you're already so busy as it is Alex, you never stop! xD; but other than that I think its a great, idea or perhaps, to solve the workload, some of Pokemon Club's most active/helpful/contributive members begin to do what you suggested. That way, the workload is spread evenly..

I am still getting used to the fact that Pokemon Groups is now known as Pokemon Clubs. The day it changed, I logged on and literally was scrolling pu the page 4 - 5 times looking for Pokemon Groups, completely missing the board and its new name. xD
    I agree that it would probably be a little too much for one person to handle (even though it's Alex ^^), though I don't like the idea of picking people who to be better and more suited than others from a section. Perhaps it could be something to sign up for, where the moderator then gives some kind of interview to see if the person's suited for the job and those who get selected have to make a specific amount of give-away clubs?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I agree that it would probably be a little too much for one person to handle (even though it's Alex ^^), though I don't like the idea of picking people who to be better and more suited than others from a section. Perhaps it could be something to sign up for, where the moderator then gives some kind of interview to see if the person's suited for the job and those who get selected have to make a specific amount of give-away clubs?

Well wouldn't the principle be the same anyway if you were to interview them? I mean, you are basically picking those better suited than others anyway, just in private. xD;

Olli

Years
  • No, not exactly. When they sign up, the moderator would pick some out who aren't suited for the job, instead of picking a selected few out of all the posters in the whole section. And those who sign up might not even get picked out, so nothing is certain.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    How would people feel about moderator-run clubs that can be taken on by others? For example a moderator would start a club for fighting types and upkeep it until a member wants to take it over and run it on their own? There'd be a lot to work out, but what do people think about the basic concept?
    I'd say, for the people who has the time and free-time to actually create a good club, give it a try. What can hurt?

Some clubs I've seen (Not naming names or pointing fingers here) do need some work on. The list of Pokemon need to be organized properly, sprites of each individual Pokemon especially gives it a good look rather than just 'names,' in my opinion.

But to include a variety of different selections, such as questionnaires/quizzes/trivia, know how to make an interested activity among the group alive (like the points system for example..or topic discussion) and so on are very important, in my opinion.

& the club creator/owner, MUST (I mean huge must like...MUST) be active enough to keep the club alive and going. This is probably the biggest decision also, how active will a club owner be.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I'd say, for the people who has the time and free-time to actually create a good club, give it a try. What can hurt?

Some clubs I've seen (Not naming names or pointing fingers here) do need some work on. The list of Pokemon need to be organized properly, sprites of each individual Pokemon especially gives it a good look rather than just 'names,' in my opinion.

But to include a variety of different selections, such as questionnaires/quizzes/trivia, know how to make an interested activity among the group alive (like the points system for example..or topic discussion) and so on are very important, in my opinion.

& the club creator/owner, MUST (I mean huge must like...MUST) be active enough to keep the club alive and going. This is probably the biggest decision also, how active will a club owner be.

These are the kind of clubs you should write a review about in the Reviews thread so they know how to improve :D

Incidently, I was wondering if people want the reviews thread to have an anonymous option so they'd said the review to me and I'll post it for them to avoid the owners knowing who wrote it?

Olli

Years
  • I think that sounds like a good idea, though wouldn't it kinda ruin everything with the review emblem? If someone were to make really good reviews, but letting you post them anonymously, then they of course would still be able to get the emblems, but people would have a bigger chance of knowing it was them who wrote them.
    Either way I like the idea, as it fits for people who wouldn't wanna make it public that they wrote the reviews, though I can't see other cases where people wouldn't want to show themselves as the ones who made the posts, except for when the reviews were pretty much criticizing the club they were reviewing and that isn't even accepted as a review.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I liked how the Review thread is created for that purpose. I do have to ask, it's almost a month since the last post. In regards of the future members if they ever post, will they get an infraction for thread revival or is this an exception?

You know what they say, better safe than sorry! :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I liked how the Review thread is created for that purpose. I do have to ask, it's almost a month since the last post. In regards of the future members if they ever post, will they get an infraction for thread revival or is this an exception?

You know what they say, better safe than sorry! :D

Nah, the revival rule doesn't apply to the sticky threads :) I'd just quite like to know why people aren't posting there or if people have even thought about it? :3 Feedback would be lovely \o/

Olli

Years
  • They were probably scared away by Curios.'s awesome review ^^
    On a more serious note, yeah, people post way too little in the review thread. At this rate, it'll be hard to determine whether it should be kept or not, though that's just an emblem going to waste ;)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Well, with the Beautiful Pokemon Club under my ownership now,I hope it'll make great enough success to get a good review! :'D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back