• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Clubs Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
  • Speaking as the co-owner of the Skyla Fan Club, I am hereby sending an alliance request with the frequent flyers club. seems logical right>

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • As this thread has been turned into a chat thread, we should probably get some discussion going.

Does any of you have any methods on starting interesting topics in your clubs, that could help other people find ideas for their topics?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    As this thread has been turned into a chat thread, we should probably have something to talk about.

Does any of you have any methods on starting interesting topics, that maybe could help other people find ideas for their topics?

Do you mean topics inside the clubs?

Olli

Years
  • Yes, I mean topics inside of the clubs. Sorry if it's a bit hard to understand, I was just super tired when I made that post >_<

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Does any of you have any methods on starting interesting topics in your clubs, that maybe could help other people find ideas for their topics?

For the Dento Fanclub we usually just talk about whats happening in the new series about Dento and his Pokemon. We don't really go by discussion topics in there but as for Pokemon fanclubs, I'm not sure how well they work out. I had joined only one but had got inactive in it.

Olli

Years
  • That's also easy enough to do when the group is as young as yours, Curious. I reckon active groups like Cute Club would've gotten a hard time keeping up with topic. Type based clubs can easily relate to each other though, as they're kind of covering the same things >_<

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    That's also easy enough to do when the group is as young as yours, Curious. I reckon active groups like Cute Club would've gotten a hard time keeping up with topic. Type based clubs can easily relate to each other though, as they're kind of covering the same things >_<

Actually it's pretty easy to make topics for TCPC because there are so many cute Pokémon and lot of discussion. ^^ But making topic for Dawn Fan Club is little harder because it focus to Dawn - only.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • agreeing here. I sometimes think how owners manage to post topics. LOL. I just let the discussion slide. Sooner or later, they are already discussing new topics.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I think one of the easiest things you can do when you can't think of a topic is ask people to post pictures or their favourites things about the subject. I use that pretty regularly in my clubs as a break from the regular discussions, so it could be worth trying. ^_^

Olli

Years
  • That is a good idea Alex, and an easy way to at least keep the club active when you can't think of a topic. And what's better is that everyone can post pictures, while there are topics that people don't have an answer to.

Olli

Years
  • A club's activity can often depend on the way you're managing it. If you don't update that often, and rarely start any new topics yourself, your club is bound to die at one point. I haven't really checked on your club that much, but I would suggest starting an event of some sort that may bring people to your club. Also a lot of people like recieving things (lol), so if you had anything to offer for for example activity or as rewards for events/contests or stuff, people may be more interested.
    I'm pretty sure you know all of this stuff already, but I'm just clarifying it n_n

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Also, I like it when everyone can contribute topis as if the topic creations are restricted to just the Owner and Co-owner, then the club could be really depriving itself of a handful of really good topics and loads of discussion. :3

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    My members are pretty inactive. LOL. I wish I could get more members.

I suggest starting more topics and possibly running some events/contests if you have time. As far as topics go, the ones which generate most replies are the ones that generate discussion. If you have a topic such as "Which is your favourite Steel type?" for example, then people will post once and probably not give it a second thought. Whereas if you rephrase it to something like "Which is the best Steel type?", you'll generate a lot more activity as people will fight for their's to win. Also, if you suggest including pictures in the answers to the topic, that also does well - people love discussing/posting pictures! ^_^

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016

I suggest starting more topics and possibly running some events/contests if you have time. As far as topics go, the ones which generate most replies are the ones that generate discussion. If you have a topic such as "Which is your favourite Steel type?" for example, then people will post once and probably not give it a second thought. Whereas if you rephrase it to something like "Which is the best Steel type?", you'll generate a lot more activity as people will fight for their's to win. Also, if you suggest including pictures in the answers to the topic, that also does well - people love discussing/posting pictures! ^_^
    It's either I don't go around advertising my club as much or there are just way to many of those who dislike Legendary Pokemon. But my club is still at 25 members after all this time xD With only FIVE being active!

Olli

Years
  • Maybe we could change the topic with one of the recent changes here.

Most of you have probably noticed it, but Pokémon Groups have now officially become Pokémon Clubs. Were any of you expecting this change and do you think it better and more fitting?
    I personally liked the old acronym for Pokémon Groups and just how the name looked, though the section is mostly consistent of clubs, so I think it's more fitting and probably better as a title for the section.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Personally, I like "Pokemon Clubs" better. It's more fitting, since most threads in the forum are fan clubs, not fan "groups." Also, since Other Clubs is called... well... Other Clubs, this is a fitting title to match that forum. The only down side would be getting the acronym confused, what with PC already being the acronym for PokeCommunity.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back