• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Complete Crystal by kapparill

kapparill

kapparill#8871
Years
Update 31-03-2023 - Working agian on the hack. Will update when I can, I started law degree so lots of work until my break.

nDIJ5FX.png

Pokemon Complete Crystal
by kapparill of PokeCommunity​

Hello everyone, I'd like to share with you all my decompilation hack of Pokemon Crystal which I had started back in 2020 and have worked at on and off since, Pokemon Complete Crystal
Pokemon Complete Crystal is designed as a refresh of the original Pokemon Crystal experience, whilst not feeling like an entirely different game.

Why Pokemon Complete Crystal?
So why this hack and not any of the others? Well...
  • New locations (routes, dungeons, soon towns)
  • New music (fan favourites)
  • New features (B2W2 repels, instant text speed, running shoes)
  • New events (more coming soon)
  • New challenges (fixed AI, better levelling)
  • New experiences (new palettes, tilesets, interface graphics and more)
Not only that, but this is an ambitious project - a lot of thought and care has been put into designing each location, new and old, so that everyone will enjoy it!

Screenshots
6YgAD0X.png
S1nsISD.png
dquQyil.png
zMeilri.png
p81dK6k.png
7Kf2Slz.png
klNylDE.png

My favourite redesign, Goldenrod City:
HdA0ahk.png

Bug Fixes
  • moon ball glitch
  • heavy ball glitch
  • fast ball glitch
  • love ball glitch
  • mean look AI glitch
  • status condition catch rate glitch
  • other bugs relating to memory

Download
Version 0.2 is available for download here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bAzYR0_qgKrtHsZE8OmxxDi0gT1OEhl3/view?usp=sharing

Credits
Music - TriteHexagon and AzureKeys (iimarckus.org, downloaded in 2020)
Bug Fixes - pret, myself
Assembly Mods - pret and various GitHub contributors, myself
pokecrystal Disassembly Project - pret (and various GitHub contributors)
Maps and other Locations - myself

Watch this space. Yet more is to come depending on public interest and free time!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 17, 2023
I am going to try it out looks very promising just a question do I just patch the file to an crystal rom?

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
Does this support changing the time and date without having to jump through all those ridiculous hoops? Like Crystal Clear?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I'm very keen on giving this a spin actually. I do have a question, how far along does the current demo go? Does it have the Kanto post game as well? Thanks!

kapparill

kapparill#8871
Years
I'm very keen on giving this a spin actually. I do have a question, how far along does the current demo go? Does it have the Kanto post game as well? Thanks!

The map improvements, dialogue changes, new areas and trainer/wild pokemon changes extend to Goldenrod, but all trainers right now have level increases or are unchanged to better the curve, although this is subject to change. The whole game is complete-able, but no tweaks have been made specifically to parts after Goldenrod as of now. However, I appreciate your enthusiasm of the hack!

Does this support changing the time and date without having to jump through all those ridiculous hoops? Like Crystal Clear?

Np, but that's a great suggestion and I will see if I can implement in the same way. I'll try to get in contact with the developer😀

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 30, 2023
This looks awesome, looking forward to this. Any plans for 60fps? Just wondering

kapparill

kapparill#8871
Years
Looks good!
Is it complete? Or there's still much work?

Not complete but you can beat the game with a few tileset issues. and thanks!

This looks awesome, looking forward to this. Any plans for 60fps? Just wondering

cheers. maybe 60fps, ill see yet. i dont have much motivation at the moment to work on this and i think it will be a while before i update again, but i appreciate it.

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
Years
These colours are looking pretty nice.
I look forward to this completion.

By teh by, the URL is iimarckus.org.

Last edited:
Days
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Question about the rom: can you get trade evos to their final form and how?

Days
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
Hey I'm playing this game now and it looks like once you get to Eukrete town the roof of the burned tower is blocking the entrance into it. Anyway to bypass this?

Back