• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Complete

How Should We Arrange The Wild Pokemon:

• Each Pokemon In Their Native Regions

Votes: 117 50.9%
  • Nationa Dex At Start - Eg. Johto Pokemon In Kanto

Votes: 47 20.4%
  • After Each Regional Dex Uprgrade, That regions Pokemon Appear in Every Region.

Votes: 66 28.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
Years
  • And i can make the Kanto Sinno :P Game that is
    also if we needed to we could expand the rom after all maps a remade and Then insert them into rom befor expanding and Put them into place
    Just finished Route 219
    Pokemon: Complete

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2009
    I just wanted to say that i'm going on vacation tomorrow and be absent for 2 weeks.

Years
  • Ok, sorry for the huge delay, but i'm done

You'll notice I also edited it your Trainer sprite- to be honest, the way you had the jumpsuit and cape coloured made it look really wierd from the back, so the only way i Could make it look better was to change it slightly. Well, change the jumpsuit. Completely. Although, there's one advantage, and that is that the pallete is unchanged, so the only thing you need to do is insert the sprites.
    That said, this is your hack, and it was quite a cheeky thing to do, change your sprite, so if you like, i'll do another backsprite to suit your frontsprite.

Smitty96

the Ubuntu user
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Hey AiiNZ, have you chosen a co-manager yet, or are you waiting for more people to apply?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    Hay! This is a very interesting project. I hope it all goes well.

I was wondering about a few things though.

Firstly, what is the orientation of all the maps to each other? It's known that Johto is west of Kanto, but there's no official location of any other region (other then the orange islands) relative to the two. Are there going to be alternate methods of getting to the regions (i.e. ferry/boat), and are they going to be able to be surfed directly too? Is there a single world map you're following?

Next, what about legandaries? Specifically event Pokemon. Are there going to be alternate methods of getting key items (i.e. aurora ticket), methods of getting to key places, or something completely original? One of the legendaries I was most interested in was celebi, there was no method of getting celebi in the advance generation games, so what's going to be done about that. A remake of the Japanese gold/silver celebi event? And Jirachi, the only way to get it was off of the Colosseum bonus disk, in not even an abstract location, so what about that?

Starters are also important. Because the game is a fire-red romhack, and the story caption specifies Oak, I assume you'll start in kanto. Will there be any changes to possible starters? Is there going to be a possibility to get other starters (i.e. after you pick charmander you can find bulbasaur and squirtle else where), and is there going to be a way to get the starters from other regions.

And a few minor questions.
    Who/what's going to be on the title screen?
    What are the main character sprites?
    What Pokemon (if any) is team ozone based on?

Anyway, I realise that the project is in the mapping phase, and these may not even have been talked about yet, so if it's not known, it's fine. I'm just curious to know about this. It sounds like a good project.

Last edited:

The Blueprint

Pokemon: Aurum
    Years
  • Hay! This is a very interesting project. I hope it all goes well.

I was wondering about a few things though.

Firstly, what is the orientation of all the maps to each other? It's known that Johto is west of Kanto, but there's no official location of any other region (other then the orange islands) relative to the two. Are there going to be alternate methods of getting to the regions (i.e. ferry/boat), and are they going to be able to be surfed directly too? Is there a single world map you're following?

Next, what about legandaries? Specifically event Pokemon. Are there going to be alternate methods of getting key items (i.e. aurora ticket), methods of getting to key places, or something completely original? One of the legendaries I was most interested in was celebi, there was no method of getting celebi in the advance generation games, so what's going to be done about that. A remake of the Japanese gold/silver celebi event? And Jirachi, the only way to get it was off of the Colosseum bonus disk, in not even an abstract location, so what about that?

Starters are also important. Because the game is a fire-red romhack, and the story caption specifies Oak, I assume you'll start in kanto. Will there be any changes to possible starters? Is there going to be a possibility to get other starters (i.e. after you pick charmander you can find bulbasaur and squirtle else where), and is there going to be a way to get the starters from other regions.

And a few minor questions.
    Who/what's going to be on the title screen?
    What are the main character sprites?
    What Pokemon (if any) is team ozone based on?

Anyway, I realise that the project is in the mapping phase, and these may not even have been talked about yet, so if it's not known, it's fine. I'm just curious to know about this. It sounds like a good project.

Ok, I have an answer for every question. Aren't I good ;)

Firstly, Hoenn and Sinnoh are Islands.

Hoenn is South-West of Johto and Sinnoh is North-North-West of Kanto.
    Check it Up at Bulbapedia. To get to Johto from Kanto, it's the normal way, Walking.

To get to Hoenn/Sinnoh You will take a boat. The world is HERE

The legends will all be obtainable. Ones like Jirachi will have a new location, maybe you fly to the moon?

Also, Celebi plays a Major part in the story. I'm not giving away any spoilers, but a few of the team know about it.

The starter will be a Cubone. We are thinking of making a 3rd Evolution, but are unsure atm. Each regions starters WILL be obtainable in one way or another.

The Title Screen Will Feature Marowak.

There are sprites on the previous page made by iHomer.

Team Ozone are based on Rayquaza.

Metallimaniac

needs help with his hack!!!
    Years
  • I cant wait til betas/alphas are released. I'm trying to do something like this with FireRed but sticking in Kanto and only having the 386 pokemon frm the advanced generations in it. Ive only been hacking for a week but im having trouble trying to hex edit and making a new spritebank for the new OW sprites of the legendaries.
    Will all 4 regions and 4 generations of pokemon fit into one game?

Metallimaniac

needs help with his hack!!!
    Years
  • I think it's supposed to be like all the games in one :)
    I think you could get quite a bit of it in there if you remove the Sevii Islands, they wernt in the original R/B/Y and i dont think they DO much anyway. The Unown chambers can be replaced with the Ruins of Alph and if you make it so you can get all pokemon in one game, there'd be no need to do the side quest so that you can trade with R/S/E. I found about 5 or 6 unused Headers and you can get another 7 from the Unown Chambers alone...and thats before you even delete the Sevii Islands, which gives you around about another 15 headers (including Bond Bridge, Berry Forest, Mt. Ember etc)
    I think some things can be worked around.
    The rom WOULD need expanded a bit tho, so you can get all the extra OW sprites and tilesets in

I've just thought too, could you not write scripts that show signposts as soon as you enter a Route? This way, you could use all the headers in the game for Cities only...that'll give you about 40 headers (or however many are in the game) to work with for all the cities.
    And you could maybe make the badges into key items. It would also help scripting elite 4's and such into the game cus they could check for key items, rather than check ur badges (which will have all been obtained by the time u go to the 1st elite 4)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    if this is a ruby hack i have alot of sinnoh maps for my remake but i encounterd glitches and have major setbacks

xadamxzzz

Pokemon Thunderstone Owner
    Years
  • @ Aiinz

number one I really like the OW sprites and the back sprite and number 2 I now I haven't really been on much because I've been busy with my own hacks but they ended up failing
    so i'm just gonna stick with this one so just tell me the sprite you want and Number 3 and 4
    I hope I can still be an E4 member and I can map again so I can jhoto for you

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Do you realize how much this hack is going to fail? Not even trying to flame, but it's true. This isn't going to work out one bit, from the looks. I mean, you guys are even adding to the storyline to avoid basic tile inserting, ffs. Why not just look to what you are going to do BEFORE starting a hack and getting a 20+ page thread? Overhyped much?

Sure, mods, delete this post if you want. But the fake support posts here aren't helping too. At least I'm being constructive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back