• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Crystal Ultimate

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2022
    Can you briefly explain the difference between the classic version and the normal version?

Major Agnostic

Pokemon Crystal Ultimate Developer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    Classic version removes palette swaps, typing and type matchup changes, most base stat changes, evolution level changes, and a few other minor changes, mostly related to trainer parties to accommodate the type/stat differences compared to regular Ultimate. There's also a couple of neat spoiler-y differences for post-game stuff.

That's basically it, but you can ctrl+F "Classic" in the documentation for details

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • When I was playing on version 1.0, the Rival battle's team consisted of apparently a glitchy version of his team in Victory Road.

Pokemon Crystal Ultimate

This oddity also works with Cyndaquil as the starter. Furthermore, the battle with Tuscany is also glitchy. Specifically, the battle starts with random digits as placeholders for her name and battles with at least a level 3 Poliwrath (I didn't battle the rest of her team because I wasn't trying to beat her, just seeing what happened when you talked to her when it wasn't Tuesday).

Pokemon Crystal Ultimate

Last edited:

Major Agnostic

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    When I was playing on version 1.0, the Rival battle's team consisted of apparently a glitchy version of his team in Victory Road.

See below:

First of all, please note that this ROM hack is based off of Pokemon Crystal 1.1, so make sure to have that ROM if you intend on using my patch instead of the .gbc (see the Discord invite link at the bottom to access files). Also, you should be using bgb to emulate on PC or Retroarch's mGBA core on Android. Other emulators are either untested with Ultimate or have been glitchy.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2023
    When I was playing on version 1.0, the Rival battle's team consisted of apparently a glitchy version of his team in Victory Road.

Pokemon Crystal Ultimate

This oddity also works with Cyndaquil as the starter. Furthermore, the battle with Tuscany is also glitchy. Specifically, the battle starts with random digits as placeholders for her name and battles with at least a level 3 Poliwrath (I didn't battle the rest of her team because I wasn't trying to beat her, just seeing what happened when you talked to her when it wasn't Tuesday).

Pokemon Crystal Ultimate

I tried Retroach in my phone and it works but, mmm... I,d like it could be emulated in my boy, retroach get slow with the gls xbr shaders, and not so comfortable as my boy gba.

Major Agnostic

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    I tried Retroach in my phone and it works but, mmm... I,d like it could be emulated in my boy, retroach get slow with the gls xbr shaders, and not so comfortable as my boy gba.

I understand, I'm hoping to get time to find a fix soon.

Major Agnostic

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023

The files on my Discord have been updated for v1.0.1, which fixes the glitches with other emulators, among other things.

Major Agnostic

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    Just updated the hack with v1.0.2, which adds level caps and a few other small changes/fixes.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2022
    Hey man! The hack sounds really nice, but I can't access your discord in order to download the patch. Can you please provide it to me, maybe with wetransfer? My e-mail is [email protected] if you need it. Thanks in advance!

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • Hey man! The hack sounds really nice, but I can't access your discord in order to download the patch. Can you please provide it to me, maybe with wetransfer? My e-mail is [email protected] if you need it. Thanks in advance!

I'd give it to you by email, but I prefer to place both Version 1.02 OG and Ultimate here so that everyone can experience it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PFtcS5LzpqLL5mp5EjiRQWrGrUilQED-?usp=sharing

Edit: Fixed to 1.0.5. Don't check Discord much anymore because it got me into some trouble.

Last edited:

Major Agnostic

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    I'd give it to you by email, but I prefer to place both Version 1.02 OG and Ultimate here so that everyone can experience it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PFtcS5LzpqLL5mp5EjiRQWrGrUilQED-?usp=sharing

Appreciated! I wanted to upload it to romhacking.net but ran into issues. I just released v.1.0.5 on discord so you may want to add that to the drive (and play it lol), if you don't mind. Thanks a bunch!

EDIT: Uploaded the patches for those who don't use Discord: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/7096/

Last edited:

Major Agnostic

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    I just released v.1.0.7! Lots of changes and I'm really happy with where the hack's at. Check out my Discord for details, as usual.

Days
    • Seen Jul 5, 2023
    I really thought I would like this game with the changes you added to it, but it's way too difficult! I can't even beat Falkner yet I have a Rock Throw Geodude and a ThunderShock Flaaffy! That Farfetch'd you gave him is impossible to beat

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2023
    Nah, that Farfetch'd is a goddamn legend. "Oh, you have a geodude? Shame I have razor leaf!"

I love it; I'm all for gym leaders trolling players

Days
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    Hello i loved your hack, i just want ir more vanilla, i mean, you restored the maps etc, but the new move effects arent nice for a genwunner xD
    would you mind make a ''vanilla edition'' just with new maps edits, not add moves effects and other things such as changing the type chart to remove Steel's resistances to Ghost and Dark;
    quite a few battles forcing Set battle style (if I want Switch, it shouldn't be forcibly changed; if I wanted Set, I'd change it myself);
    trade evolutions evolving via unrelated Stones instead of some other method like reaching Lv. 40 or something;
    I don't like quite a number of the move changes, such as Bug-type Comet Punch or 1 PP 175 base power Mega Kick or Night Shade not doing user's-level damage.

Not to mention making a bunch of items *more* expensive for some reason, Trainers now being able to switch Pokémon (I'd prefer it if they didn't switch, thanks; makes battles a lot more frustrating, that), the random retypings of Pokémon, the disobedience mechanic now being hard level caps for all Pokémon not just traded ones.

Last edited:
    Back