• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Hi, I finished the beta up to the Arctic cave, but when I used the same save to the new beta anything before the Artic Mirage there's too many glitches to count and the game freezes almost instantly, I've now saved after progressing quite far so I'm not keen on just resetting the game. Is this a problem for anyone else or is there something I did wrong?

Loving the hack by the way :)

I've had the same problem with the game freezing after just a couple of steps after applying the new patch.

Granite Guard

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 27, 2014
Will the 2 versions of dr3 be for gba?
If you really do the hacks forthe fans then im sure me and most others will agree on a gba release nobody cares for a pc app to.play the last chapter of the series considering the fact that the 2 previous hacks are on gba
Well maybe 2% of the players who will play dr3 may want to play on the pc app which got a crappy name that i forgot (rpx?) but anyways the rest wont give a crap about a pc release

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 25, 2014
so when i beat Benga at the entrance to the cave in the second gym leaders town he walks in weird circles the turns into a girl sprite and freezes the game.. any way around this?

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Will the 2 versions of dr3 be for gba?
If you really do the hacks forthe fans then im sure me and most others will agree on a gba release nobody cares for a pc app to.play the last chapter of the series considering the fact that the 2 previous hacks are on gba
Well maybe 2% of the players who will play dr3 may want to play on the pc app which got a crappy name that i forgot (rpx?) but anyways the rest wont give a crap about a pc release

I wouldn't be surprised if I version of dr3 is for gba and the other is pc.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
So DRG has updated the thread with a new ips. (beta2)

How to i go about updating it?

I currently have the beta 1 ips.

Do i just patch DRG's beta 2 ips to a clean firered rom or patch it on the existing firered rom that i am using for dr2 now?

Do i have to do anything else (like doing a save for my gave saves)? Thanks!

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today

Do i just patch DRG's beta 2 ips to a clean firered rom or patch it on the existing firered rom that i am using for dr2 now?

u need to patch it on a clean fire red rom. thats all u need. U should start a new save or it will be buggy. I used my old save & quick saves from the older beta on my phone & it messed up the maps. But since I re made my patch & made a quick save on my pc, the new save works now with no problems ... so far. I even think drg said to start a new save as well from her last post. But it's always wise to start a new save when a update comes out. Unless the creator say its ok to use the old save.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
u need to patch it on a clean fire red rom. thats all u need. U should start a new save or it will be buggy. I used my old save & quick saves from the older beta on my phone & it messed up the maps. But since I re made my patch & made a quick save on my pc, the new save works now with no problems ... so far. I even think drg said to start a new save as well from her last post. But it's always wise to start a new save when a update comes out. Unless the creator say its ok to use the old save.

But does starting a new save mean that i have to start a new game/ re train all my pokemon?

Is there any way that i can update to the new beta but retain my current progress and pokemon?

Thanks!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
I just finished pokemon dark rising 1 and dark rising 2 beta 1.there is a boulder along the way in the artic cave.so some one to provide pokemo dark rising 2 beta 2 link.i love this game very much because story is totally different and i like the starter pokemon, the dragon pokemon.it is something different.so please provide the link for dr 2 beta 2.

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

noob rom hacker/beta tester
Years
But does starting a new save mean that i have to start a new game/ re train all my pokemon?

Is there any way that i can update to the new beta but retain my current progress and pokemon?

Thanks!

just patch to a new rom without messing with your save file (ex: Dark Rising 2.sav) and you should be able to continue where you left off

Years

You patch it to a clean firered rom but with the exact same name as your previous rom. If you had the first ips saved as Pokemon Dark Rising 2, then you would patch the new ips to a clean firered rom with the same name, being Pokemon Dark Rising 2 for this example. That way it replaces the game itself and not the save file. Lmk if you're confused, I tried explaining it the best I could.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
My game freezes after I bet one of my rivals right after the 2nd gym badge? is there a fix to this?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
hey this is great, you've done it again.
I'm still playing the first one and think its the best hack so far and can't wait for this second one!!!
Keep up to good work!!
And I'm wondering if there is a goal(month-wise) for the final release.
Thanks

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 21, 2017
Hi everyone! Loving this hack but I'm stuck. Tryna get to alfheim city and every direction I go to get there I always end up somewhere else. Am I missing something?? I'm pretty sure I've done everything I need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back