• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ttar0914

Years
Hi everyone! Loving this hack but I'm stuck. Tryna get to alfheim city and every direction I go to get there I always end up somewhere else. Am I missing something?? I'm pretty sure I've done everything I need to do.

Well, beta 2 goes up to the battle against light and his xerneas, so alfheim city is currently not available yet, which means, that you'll have to wait a bit till you can access alfheim city

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 21, 2017
How do I patch the new beta? I'm using that John GBA emulator And not how to go about it.

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
Years
Well I seem to have a question..

Where could I catch Aurorus? yeah I've read that list on first page about locations of Wild Pokemons but Aurorus only has 1% in gemstone mines.

any ideas?

and for Patching DRG2 see my signature cassie_yo

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 24, 2017
Just to make everything crystal clear, I patched the .rar file on the first post just now. So that is automatically updated to beta 2? where we can get past the arctic cave?

Also, wanted to say that the dark rising series is my favorite pokemon series of all time. Great job on the story!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Yes your .rar file is updated now and u can get out of arctic cave to next city

Am i the only one who thinks that beta 2 was quite short??
Please reply if agreed

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 2, 2014
What must i do to get past artic cave and also,when i reach a floor i cant progress to the next floor,please help

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 23, 2014
waw , its been over a year since i viewed this thread , AND STILL NOT FINISHED !! Haha , still looking forward for these i believe to be the best hack EVER !, bit exagerating there ,

i played the beta , and so far so good , still at the choosing your dragon part and OMG i think garchomp would be the best still n even more that i could teach him his dragon moves now(previous version dont have the phy/spatt split and my garchomp is pure att type so having dragon type moves last time is a pain because of its crappy spatt stat,) he would dominate once more and kill that darugis without a problem , oh i just remembered , i hope KAYOGRE is still in the game because for what ive remembered he's the most OP pokemon in the game , really owning adrian last time(stacked w/ calm mind hehe),

thanks for reading , im just really excited, XD

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey everyone. After doing more numerous bug fixes, I've encountered a problem. For some odd reason, Astraeus City isn't functioning at all. Now I could easily just make the map over at another location and connect it how I had it, but I was curious as to why this even happened in the first place. So I posted my problem at the questions thread. You can view my post there: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8228957#post8228957

So yea. Due to this, the hack has been removed from the front page til this problem gets resolved. It's a major priority to me so don't worry, By tomorrow or Monday, it should be back up. The re-upload will have more bug fixes (The Benga Bug will be fixed. I apologize for that as I have no idea how that even happened in the first place.)
Thank you for having patience with me. I also ask kindly if someone would mind doing me a favor;

<removed>

DR2 is first priority and I will be checking back later tonight/tomorrow to see if my question has been answered. If it has not been answered by tomorrow, I will redo the map over in another location. I apologize for the inconvenience & I hope you're all enjoying DR2 so far.

Edit: Currently remapping Astraeus City. I should have the Rom back up by tonight.

2nd EDIT: The Beta is back up on the main post. It took me hours, but I just redid Astraeus City over with a similar look, but different house tiles. Also, "Astraeus Route" and "Fight Dome" were affected with this corruption as well. I'm guessing because they were attached to the original Astraeus City, who knows. But I worked around those routes and came up with a solution without getting rid of them. You CAN go to these routes, but if you keep going back and forth between them numerous times, the Rom Freezes. I've made map changes so these two routes are not important and are not required to get through the hack. They are just routes with many trainers, but they don't lead anywhere. So my advice when you enter these routes are: Go in them 1 time, beat all the trainers, and never go back again. SAVE BEFORE ENTERING THESE 2 AREAS! Also, you cannot fly to Astraeus City anymore. The original Astraeus City is marked with "ERROR". If you fly there, your rom will likely freeze. The New Astraeus City works perfectly however.
The Benga Glitch is also now fixed. Other errors such as movement positions have all been fixed as well. But as some of you know, once you fixed one thing in a rom, another error likely pops up outta nowhere to annoy you even more. So report them to me in a PM if anything else occurs. I'll be checking once or twice every week.

The full hack is coming soon. I'm working on it.

Last edited:
Years
Dragon pokémon as Starter:
I will play for sure!

//======================================\\
Hacks I support: Pokémon Grape Version(Sorry,I can't put the link,so search!)
Smile error edited

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 11, 2015
Guys the hack is really good but i'm in trouble!
I accidentally saved in the house before fight dome and now the game crashes if i try to get out of the room!So i'm stuck in the house can't move to next or previous area..walk through walls doesn't work because im in the house..Please help i'm trying to avoid "new game"...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 6, 2014
Really sorry if this has already been answered, but I went through thirty pages without finding out. Is the beta playable from start to finish, just with bugs, or is it not that far along yet? Again, apologies if this is a stupid question. Also, you're my hero, DRG! Keep up the awesome work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back